comrade
comrade
Yeah, just got introduced to that abomination
Mr. Reloaded
Mr. Reloaded
Desperate attempt to get people to pay for Premium 😔
Toby D. Dog
Toby D. Dog
Dislike extension isn't working either...
TheAncientCenturion
TheAncientCenturion
I cannot confirm if it's safe or not, but I downloaded FreeTube and it seems to be a decent work around.
GUI VI
GUI VI
What is "Freetube" Lol?
TheAncientCenturion
TheAncientCenturion
Some app. I link a video URL from youtube into it and it'll pop up, ad free. No idea how safe it is, if it is safe. But I'm taking the risk.
G
Gorosei Informer
Youtube Vanced is meant to be decent but not tried it. I blocked the popup on PC with Ublock Element Blocker/Picker but it breaks some of the site lol. My overlay blocker might get rid of it, but after I ignored YT's harassment with it for a few days now, it seems to have stopped/given up.

Some people have reported that it can give you 3 attempts to remove your adblocker or it blocks you from watching videos for a
G
Gorosei Informer
certain time at least? Ive seen some article/news sites pull that BS a long time ago before too. Even refreshing the page counts against it too, so you lose 1 chance per refresh.

Youtube really went to hell with Google bought it out. Google even removed their "do not be evil" slogan apparently, thats a lot as conspirational as it is lol.
TheAncientCenturion
TheAncientCenturion
Yeah, if the ads weren't intrusive I wouldn't have an adblocker on the first place. But minute ads appearing on hour long videos (what I usually listen to when working) is asinine.
G
Gorosei Informer
Aye absolutely, I can't even imagine listening to videos like that without an adblocker! It would be like a jumpscare potentially, especially if listening to something relaxing or just calm like a lecture or essay ofc. I've seen streams get bombarded with hundreds of ads like machine gun fire by force, put in by youtube as soon as they're published by the uploaders, ads longer than videos that are only few seconds
G
Gorosei Informer
long and my "favourites", ads that are like 5-20 mins long even or worst ones being actual movies! The entire 1st lego movie was an ad at one point somehow LMAO!

Youtube has gone to the absolute gutter over the years, especially with the advertising nonsense amongst other things. Ad interruptions during long form videos are just so awful, it would be like watching movies at the cinema and getting forced ad breaks!
сука
сука
I'm using brave browser and have no idea wtf you peasants are on about
Reborn
Reborn
Well it's working fine for me...no ads without paying anything 🤷
Tyrant MUUGEN
Tyrant MUUGEN
i know how to bypass is but that avy has to go
Tyrant MUUGEN
Tyrant MUUGEN
ningens.