Future Events 5 things Oda needs to do to justify Zoro's nerf

Does Oda have to complete these 5 things to satisfy you?

• Total voters
In order for Oda to justify Zoro's nerf and not have fans(especially Japan's fanbase) coming to tear him down, he will have to give the Zoro fans a gigantic bone. Especially given Zoro's absence most of post-ts, this bone will have to be able to last the Zoro fandom YEARS. A bone like that can only come in very few ways. :kayneshrug:

In this thread I will explain.:beckmoji:

If Oda is to nerf Zoro so that he is out-of-commission/nerfed extremely in following arcs, he will have to give the fans something they can cherish/chew on for the time he is out or nerfed.

First, here are 5 things Oda has always done to help justify Zoro's nerf to Zoro's fans:

Baratie Nerf
  1. Introduction of Black Blade (Yoru)
  2. Fight Strongest Arc Villain Solo (Mihawk)
  3. Attempt to Kill Strongest Villain Solo (Sanzen Sekai)
  4. Profound Respect between Villain and Zoro (Mihawk's Respect)
  5. Major Character Moment post-fight(Zoro's promise)
Thriller Bark Nerf
  1. Obtaining a Black Blade (Shusui)
  2. Fight Strongest Arc Villain Solo (Kuma)
  3. Attempt to Kill Strongest Villain Solo (Almost achieved; Shishi SonSon)
  4. Profound Respect between Villain and Zoro (Kuma's respect)
  5. Major Character Moment post-fight (Nothing Happened)

But Zoro is different now. He is in a league of his own, and King can not satisfy any of these requirements. Zoro is at a point where he can achieve all of these things/requirements.

In order to justify the nerf pending for Zoro, Zoro will have to fight one of the Yonko ( Both Simultaneously?) completely solo. He will also have to forge a black blade, and he will also have to defeat the Arc's Strongest Villain.

Notice that every time Oda does these nerf moments, Zoro progresses. He does this so Zoro fans don't just feel as if it is a cheap repeat, and so that the Zoro fans don't hassle him for his handling of the character.

Remember, first, Zoro only learned of BlackBlades, and the next time he won one.
First, Zoro attempted but failed miserably at defeating the strongest villain, next time he almost did.

As such, the next time he is pending post-arc nerfs(Wano), he will have to have forged a black blade, and killed the arc's strongest villain.

Thus, in order for Oda to justify Zoro's post-wano nerfs, he will have to do these 5 things:

1. Have Zoro forge a Black Blade.(Enma/Wado)
  2. Have Zoro fight the Arc's Strongest Villain Solo (Kaido/Big Mom)
  3. Have Zoro Kill/Defeat the Arc's Strongest Villain (Kaido/Big Mom)
  4. Have the Arc's Villain display profound respect for Zoro (Kaido/Big Mom)
  5. Major Character Moment for Zoro post-fight (Ryuma's Grave or something)

Sidenote: A theory that completes all of these requirements is none other than ZKK. ZKBM is also okay in my book.:cheers:

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I think he presumably just needs to show how great he is. Greatness will arrive.

His desire as a kid was to become the World's Strongest and not even merely the Strongest Swordsman. His character is clearly close linked to Ryuma even more than Mihawk and he will eventually possess the strongest warrior soul one day. Hopefully of all times.

In order for Oda to justify Zoro's nerf and not have fans(especially Japan's fanbase) coming to tear him down, he will have to give the Zoro fans a gigantic bone. Especially given Zoro's absence most of post-ts, this bone will have to be able to last the Zoro fandom YEARS. A bone like that can only come in very few ways. :kayneshrug:

In this thread I will explain.:beckmoji:

If Oda is to nerf Zoro so that he is out-of-commission/nerfed extremely in following arcs, he will have to give the fans something they can cherish/chew on for the time he is out or nerfed.

First, here are 5 things Oda has always done to help justify Zoro's nerf to Zoro's fans:

Baratie Nerf
  1. Introduction of Black Blade (Yoru)
  2. Fight Strongest Arc Villain Solo (Mihawk)
  3. Attempt to Kill Strongest Villain Solo (Sanzen Sekai)
  4. Profound Respect between Villain and Zoro (Mihawk's Respect)
  5. Major Character Moment post-fight(Zoro's promise)
Thriller Bark Nerf
  1. Obtaining a Black Blade (Shusui)
  2. Fight Strongest Arc Villain Solo (Kuma)
  3. Attempt to Kill Strongest Villain Solo (Almost achieved; Shishi SonSon)
  4. Profound Respect between Villain and Zoro (Kuma's respect)
  5. Major Character Moment post-fight (Nothing Happened)

But Zoro is different now. He is in a league of his own, and King can not satisfy any of these requirements. Zoro is at a point where he can achieve all of these things/requirements.

In order to justify the nerf pending for Zoro, Zoro will have to fight one of the Yonko ( Both Simultaneously?) completely solo. He will also have to forge a black blade, and he will also have to defeat the Arc's Strongest Villain.

Notice that every time Oda does these nerf moments, Zoro progresses. He does this so Zoro fans don't just feel as if it is a cheap repeat, and so that the Zoro fans don't hassle him for his handling of the character.

Remember, first, Zoro only learned of BlackBlades, and the next time he won one.
First, Zoro attempted but failed miserably at defeating the strongest villain, next time he almost did.

As such, the next time he is pending post-arc nerfs(Wano), he will have to have forged a black blade, and killed the arc's strongest villain.

Thus, in order for Oda to justify Zoro's post-wano nerfs, he will have to do these 5 things:

1. Have Zoro forge a Black Blade.(Enma/Wado)
  2. Have Zoro fight the Arc's Strongest Villain Solo (Kaido/Big Mom)
  3. Have Zoro Kill/Defeat the Arc's Strongest Villain (Kaido/Big Mom)
  4. Have the Arc's Villain display profound respect for Zoro (Kaido/Big Mom)
  5. Major Character Moment for Zoro post-fight (Ryuma's Grave or something)

Sidenote: A theory that completes all of these requirements is none other than ZKK. ZKBM is also okay in my book.:cheers:

:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Excellent work as ever, stairs…but I don’t know that Oda can realistically justify nerfing Zoro at all, just like he can’t provide an explanation as to why all of his non-Luffy protagonists haven’t developed at a similar rate as the rubber asshole. We’re too far into the story for these characters to avoid face high-ranking Yonko subordinates, but half of the Straw Hats would get obliterated one-on-one against most of them; how the hell does an author make up for that after so many missed opportunities??

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I have been hoping for Zoro to forge a black blade for a while now. Zoro doesn't always have the most screen time, but Oda doesn't waste any time with him. I eagerly await what Oda plans to do next with Zoro. The only character who outshines him is Luffy.
I hope he won't disappoint us with his choice pattern.

I would prefer Orochi over King if Kaido had still to occur next. At least it would be more consistent as a choice from a plot perspective, a cleaner one, and King lends no hype probably.

I hope he won't disappoint us with his choice pattern.

I would prefer Orochi over King if Kaido had still to occur next. At least it would be more consistent as a choice from a plot perspective, a cleaner one, and King lends no hype probably.
Orochi's enemy is the Ame No Habakiri, Zoro now knows that the main problem is Kaido so he doesn't rlly care about Orochi anymore. I could see him helping his wife to kill him tho.

What happened to you? Weren't you one of the guys saying that King was his next opponent or something like that? Either that or you said that he is basically done for the rest of the arc? Did you see the light or am I speaking to the wrong guy?
bro i never said king would be his opponent i claimed 2 things... that zoro can't recover so swiftly so he won't fight anyone of king's caliber... and that if he does recover hat quickly... he goes to the roof...King vs zoro i was never a supporter of this wagon
Post automatically merged:

if you didn't know I'm a ZKK supporter too.. well once i did say the chances are hitting rock bottom with zoro's condition but i take that back seeing the recent developments