General & Others 6 Years Later… How do you feel about Luffy Vs Katakuri?

Has the fight aged well?

• Total voters
It’s February 2018, you’re reading the last string of chapters of Luffy Vs Katakuri. I remember People were definitely going through the motions during the ending period of the fight, I personally wanted a draw or for Luffy to lose the fight initially reading, and then ch. 896 dropped and all hell broke loose. Has your opinion on the fight changed since then?

Last edited:
Is wasn't such a good fight as people said. Luffy vs Lucci way better.

Oda made future sight being a key element to defeat Katakuri and when Luffy finally learned it he stopped using it. Then OK the premise of Snakeman was to be so fast that even with FS Katakuri wouldn't be able to react to him. Then after just the first punch that got him by surprise (similar against Doflamingo) where Katakuri could at least coat himself with haki to prevent greater damage then he procceded to avoid 99% of Snakeman attacks including the fastest one Black Mamba. The fight ends with the impression of Katakuri choosing to tank an attack he could easily avoid. Then Katakuri who fell later and got up first just so he can fall again and give Luffy the false sensation of being the winner. And that I'm talking about the peak of the fight. There is the whole problem of Katakuri with incredible stronger haki giving Luffy tons of punches and not knocking him down and also having his sister to help him while he was already winning. So it is a fight where Luffy went from someone who couldn't even touch Katakuri to someone who people THINK he beated him(in my opinion Luffy lost that fight). Just fucking terrible.

I had this opinion when seeing the fight and I maintain it.
Post automatically merged:

The Kaido fight happened since and blew whatever asspull people considered Luffy vs Kat to be wayyyyy out of the water
Just because Luffy vs Kaido was a greater asspull doesn't mean Luffy vs Katakuri is not an asspull anymore.

It is a good fight, yet people still fail to understand that this fight has like 4 rounds with different goals and knowledge.

Luffy at the end, defeated and solo'ed Katakuri while he needed help vs Doflamingo

It was a good fight. Because their abilities granted us a nice and good old fist fight.
It also showed how weak luffy really was.

Dressrossa zoro would have actually beaten him and also much quicker.

I like Katakuri and I'm glad he wasn't killed by the blackbeard pirates as many, including myself, predicted. Great character, great flaws, great abilities, great design. Looking forward to see future Luffy-Katakuri interaction.

It was a good fight. Because their abilities granted us a nice and good old fist fight.
It also showed how weak luffy really was.

Dressrossa zoro would have actually beaten him and also much quicker.

I like Katakuri and I'm glad he wasn't killed by the blackbeard pirates as many, including myself, predicted. Great character, great flaws, great abilities, great design. Looking forward to see future Luffy-Katakuri interaction.
Zoro obsession jesus christ.
You guys are obsessed with a cartoon character, not every thread has to be about Zoro.