Future Events 7 Reasons Why Imu isn't the FV

1- Imu has one of the Road Ponegliffs:

Shiryu: ''I bet he's with the Government. It wouldn't be surprising if they kept a stone or two for themselves... It'd be a surefire way of preventing any pirate from ever claiming the One Piece.''

Definitely make sense as Shiryu knows how the Government works, he gives a good explanation on what happened to the Road Ponegliff at Fishman Island.

It would be a retarded thing for Government to not take any precaution after Roger find the final island. Government stealing 1 one of the Road Ponegliffs means they need to defeat the Imu and Government to reach the final island.

2- Oda revealed Imu too soon (unlike Kaguya from Naruto) to be a disguised FV:

-Chapter 906

If Imu was suppose to be an opponent after finding OP, then revealing Imu as disguised FV this early makes no sense. Now its lost the surprise factor and the audience has no connection to Imu as a villain since Imu wasn't build up through the story.

Either build up a villain for sometime, or disguise him and make him show up when no one knew it existed (such as Kaguya from Naruto).

3- Imu and Saturn both hyped Teach:

Saturn: ''I must admit, I didn't expect to see the savages from Level 6 submitting to another's leash.''

It would make no sense Imu and Saturn hyping Teach but not take any role in the final battle vs them where Imu falls.

Also even Oda said ''if he was strong'' he would want to be a member of Blackbeard Pirates;

''Q: If you could join any pirate crew in One Piece (except for the Straw Hats), which one would you join and why?

Oda: Hmm. Except the Straw Hats… I think it would be awesome to be in Buggy’s crew. They seem to be very carefree, and it would be really fun because even the subordinates can make fun of the captain. But if I was really strong, I would want to be in the Blackbeard Pirates
.''

4- Rayleigh is already complaining that the secrets will be revealed before finding Laugh Tale:

Rayleigh: ''Don't be an ass and take it away from the youngsters''

Foreshadowing that the secrets can be learned while fighting against Imu.

If you look at the previous fights, Oda's style is showing the flashback during the middle of the battle not in previous island; Nico Robin Ohara flashback were in Enies Lobby not in Water 7, or Oden's flashback was in Wano not on Dressrosa or Zou. Oda will probably show the Imu flashbacks while fighting against him on Marijoa not on Laugh Tale.

5- Luffy will be hunted by literally everyone if he becomes the PK first, which will make Luffy's job impossible vs Imu:

''Thanks to that title (PK) , the whole world is after us.''

So the logical conclusion is that, Luffy and others should defeat the Government and Imu before someone becomes the PK.

Otherwise all the pirates who joined in OP race will attack PK, this will only make things easier for Imu and Government to win.

6- Oda said the series will be over when they find the One Piece:

''Aoyama: That's a secret, haha. I might decide to redraw the finale in the future… Hahaha.

Oda: I've always pictured what the final chapter of ‘ONE PIECE’ would be like, though from time to time, the situation surrounding it changes. It will still be over whenever the One Piece is found in the series, haha. Anyway, this next arc is the final one.

Aoyama: Seriously? Is it really going to end?

Oda: Yup, to me this is really the final arc.''

7- Oda said One Piece is a story to fight against the 4 Emperors, adding the 7 Warlords only extended the story, it didn't change the main story which is still fighting against 4 Emperors:

Oda: ''It was supposed to be a story to fight against pirates called Yonkou. However, I came up with the idea of Shichibukai... I just thought, it would be badass if these characters showed up, then as you can see, it caused this long serialization!!''

Last edited:
Yeah. Lily's simp ain't going to be the final villain. While Blackbeard, who has Imu going nuts just as much as Joyboy's reincarnation, isn't just going to be another stepping stone for Luffy in the race for the PK status as a prerequisite to even facing the WG and Imu in the first place.

Laughtale just had Joyboy's message, insight on the history and the fact they were too early to do anything. With how the story is progressing and the WG being exposed more and more, to a point the Gorosei are already entering the scene and displaying all of their abilities, with the Revos learning of Imu's existence, it seems artificial to me that they have to reach Laughtale before making a move on the WG, especially since the WG would have an interest in preventing anyone to reach it in the first place.

50/50 for me.

It can be that the ancestor of BB was the main villain of void century and imu was allied with him and later betrayed him taking the power for himself.

It depends on how special BB is and what makes him so special.

Otherwise imu has more impact being the main tyrant rulling for centuries and doing all kinds of nasty stuff like mass slaughter and eradication of races.

Wouldn't say.. Fat mom was defeated after her arc
big mom was defeated the very next arc
Post automatically merged:

Imus face hasn’t even been revealed, let alone his strength.
The gorosei were kept mysterious for the longest time but as soon oda made them relevent hes showing all their forms and combat abilities. If it was just saturn in this arc (like most people thought) and then he left then that would have implied oda was saving them down the line, however hes just put all 5 gorosei in the arc, oda is not withholding anything. Hes already layed out the setup for imu, once imu is revealed then he will be defeated quickly

Last edited:

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
3- Imu and Saturn both hyped Teach:
The fact that Erkant thinks Imu tearing up Blackbeard’s wanted poster like he was irrelevant was “hype”
:suresure::suresure::suresure:

Oda: I've always pictured what the final chapter of ‘ONE PIECE’ would be like, though from time to time, the situation surrounding it changes. It will still be over whenever the One Piece is found in the series,
For anyone who may read this who isn’t a compete monkey like Erkan:

Roger already found the One Piece in the way Erkan describes it here. And yes the series didn’t end because of course it didn’t. The simple act of finding Raftel and finding the treasure cannot in the series, because it literally didn’t the first time.

No, it’s far more likely that “finding the One Piece” refers to some kind of cataclysmic geological event (IE-the destruction of the Red Line of the world’s oceans, and all the weather anomalies that come with them.)

If the simple act of finding Roger’s treasure ended the manga, then this series never would have even began in the first place lol.

Roger already found the One Piece in the way Erkan describes it here. And yes the series didn’t end because of course it didn’t. The simple act of finding Raftel and finding the treasure cannot in the series, because it literally didn’t the first time.
You could argue one way or another. Roger reached Laughtale and figured out that he was too early. Which could mean, that before utilizing what's on Laughtale, you have to be "on time". So may as well mean that, only after dismantling the WG as it is now, what's on Laughtale will show its true purpose.

What is the point of Luffy and the Strawhats reaching Laughtale before facing the WG? They will reach Laughtale just like Roger did, learn some history and then what? Conclude that it's time to attack the WG? But why didn't Roger do the same? So simply reaching Laughtale, learning some info on the history and reading Joyboy's funny message won't really make a difference will it.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
What is the point of Luffy and the Strawhats reaching Laughtale before facing the WG? They will reach Laughtale just like Roger did, learn some history and then what? Conclude that it's time to attack the WG? But why didn't Roger do the same? So simply reaching Laughtale, learning some info on the history and reading Joyboy's funny message won't really make a difference will it.
Well, it depends on the information doesn’t it? Lol

Roger learned that it wasn’t time for something yet. Ergo by definition, it is probably possible to learn when that appointed time is. Which seems like right now.

So if Nika and co learn that now is the time to attack the WG…then now is the time to attack the WG. Why couldn’t they learn that at Raftel?

Anyway I agree that Imu isn’t the final villain.