Current Events A Decade of Zoro Propaganda Down the Toilet-How Zoro Himself Destroyed the Swordsmen Narrative

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
So it’s not really a surprise to anybody outside of sword swallowers, but King just proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Oda does not view the term “swordsman” as being as simplistic as “anybody who uses a Sword in combat:

I suppose the beautiful irony in this is that King actually didn’t say anything about not being a Swordsman, Zoro himself did as Zoro clearly states that wielding a sword does not make one a swordsman.

All these years of “Fujitora is a Swordsman because he carried a sword”…debunked by Zoro himself.

All these years of “Whitebeard himself is beneath Mihawk because Oda considers his Bisento a Sword”…debunked by Zoro himself.

All these years of “Ryuma over Roger because Roger has a Sword”…debunked by Zoro himself.

You see, even Zoro fans themselves knew that Oda never viewed a Swordsman as just any person to carry a Sword, but for years they have tried to argue that there is no canonical basis for characters who wield swords not being Swordsman. No longer, as Zoro acknowledges that King himself is not a Swordsman despite wielding a sword as his primary weapon lol.

You can wield a sword and not be a swordsman. You can wield a sword and still be stronger than Mihawk. You can wield a Sword and that doesn’t mean you’ll be weaker than EOS Zoro.

Mihawk’s Title of “World’s Strongest Swordsman”, LITERALLY means that he has the strongest Swordsmanship in the world, not that he is stronger than every character who carries a Sword.

We have all known this for years, Zoro fans themselves have known this for years, but now they no longer have any canonical basis for the spreading of their propaganda.

The war is over. But Mihawk is still stronger than Shanks.

@Light D Lamperouge @HA001 @ShishioIsBack @Cinera @TheAncientCenturion @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @Echizen_Jo_Ndule @Erkan12 @Seth @TheKnightOfTheSea @MarineHQ62 @silverfire @GreenEggsAHam @Van @Jiihad @Bogard @comrade @Sentinel @playa4321 @chrono @Zoro D Goat @Mr. Anderson @Pantheos @Gol D. Roger @Dark Admiral @Fruitji @VersusPhD @Admiral Borsalino"Kizaru" @Admiral Mou Bu @Xione @Desolate Smaug @Beerbottle @Den_Den_Mushi @dizzy2341 etc etc etc
Yea for years I've been saying this, it was gonna show itself sooner or later. Oda does not give a rats ass about the definition of a swordsman. King put this debate to rest.

This goes for anyone who thinks Big Mom and Kizaru were ever intended to be classified as swordsman.

Yea for years I've been saying this, it was gonna show itself sooner or later. Oda does not give a rats ass about the definition of a swordsman. King put this debate to rest.

This goes for anyone who thinks Big Mom and Kizaru were ever intended to be classified as swordsman.
Even though Oda is writing a pile of shit these days, he has been incredibly consistent with this. What matters to Zoro is whether someone identifies himself as a swordsman. Zoro said in chapter 17,
"I cant lose, not even once, to anyone who calls himself a swordsman"

Thats why Zoro says to King, "....you never called yourself a swordsman"

In short, anyone can be a swordsman if Oda wants. He just needs to draw a dialogue box.

Ironically, it'd point to Mihawk being top tier even more since official materials (Zoro novels, Vivre Cards) regard Shanks as a swordsman, unless they're bullshitting.

ZenZu

Even though Oda is writing a pile of shit these days, he has been incredibly consistent with this. What matters to Zoro is whether someone identifies himself as a swordsman. Zoro said in chapter 17,
"I cant lose, not even once, to anyone who calls himself a swordsman"

Thats why Zoro says to King, "....you never called yourself a swordsman"

In short, anyone can be a swordsman if Oda wants. He just needs to draw a dialogue box.
I agree, there is nothing inconsistent with what Zoro said.

Oda's mindset with what constitutes a swordsman was already made clear to me by Daz bones

"Don't mistake me for a swordsman I have lots of other weapons to dismantle you with"

So in Oda's mind it was always possible for a character to wield a sword and not be a swordsman as long as they don't claim to be one and have other means of fighting. Cabaji did, Kaku did, Daz did not, Pica did not, King did not.

And this is also why I've always told people to be careful not to toss Law into the category of swordsman, not until he himself claims to be one in verse, that's because of his df.
Post automatically merged:

Ironically, it'd point to Mihawk being top tier even more since official materials (Zoro novels, Vivre Cards) regard Shanks as a swordsman, unless they're bullshitting.
there is little reason to believe Shanks isn't a swordsman imo.

there is little reason to believe Shanks isn't a swordsman imo.
While i agree low key probably the only reason oda is tryna distinguish real swordsman vs not is just because he wants to hype up shanks and roger more without dehyping people like mihawk and ryuma lol
Could be wrong but oda doin it would not surprise me

ZenZu

While i agree low key probably the only reason oda is tryna distinguish real swordsman vs not is just because he wants to hype up shanks and roger more lol
Could be wrong but oda doin it would not surprise me
Don't get me wrong, Shanks being a swordsman or not doesn't mean he can't be as strong as Oda wants him to be. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Shanks was the strongest character in this verse. It's Oda's poster boy for the middle gen after all.

Reason I believe Shanks is among the swordsman is because of his rivalry with Mihawk and lack of a DF, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shanks ends up claiming he's not a swordsman either.

So in Oda's mind it was always possible for a character to wield a sword and not be a swordsman as long as they don't claim to be one and have other means of fighting. Cabaji did, Kaku did, Daz did not, Pica did not, King did not.
I agree. A character can wield a sword and not be a swordsman. Its possible in One Piece verse as the rules are written by Oda. We cant apply real life logic here.

And this is also why I've always told people to be careful not to toss Law into the category of swordsman, not until he himself claims to be one in verse, that's because of his df.
Ohhh I see the agenda now :D Your boy will be always weaker than Zoro!

In all seriousness, Law's case is very different. He lectures a sword geek like Tashigi about swordsmanship. I will be very surprised if he is not a swordsman

Don't get me wrong, Shanks being a swordsman or not doesn't mean he can't be as strong as Oda wants him to be. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Shanks was the strongest character in this verse. It's Oda's poster boy for the middle gen after all.

Reason I believe Shanks is among the swordsman is because of his rivalry with Mihawk and lack of a DF, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shanks ends up claiming he's not a swordsman either.
Based on how Oda connects them, I'm convinced Mihawk's WSS is tied to Shanks somehow. The "I don't duel one-arms" is a red herring. Mihawk did fight Yonkou Shanks and won (and became "WSS" by default), but it was a sour victory for Mihawk as Shanks wasn't at his fullest potential. When Shanks had two arms, he was either Mihawk's equal or superior.

ZenZu

I agree. A character can wield a sword and not be a swordsman. Its possible in One Piece verse as the rules are written by Oda. We cant apply real life logic here.

Ohhh I see the agenda now :D Your boy will be always weaker than Zoro!

In all seriousness, Law's case is very different. He lectures a sword geek like Tashigi about swordsmanship. I will be very surprised if he is not a swordsman
Atleast try to hide that you're an alt dawg lmfao, but yea that panel maybe hints Law believes it, but it's hard to explain I have a gut feeling when it comes to these things. Law doesn't have the makeup of who I think Oda will claim a swordsman (his top attacks atm are without his blade), I could be wrong.

This gets even weirder because I'm on record saying Fujitora is not restricted by the WSS title either, but I do believe Fuji is a swordsman at heart. Sounds contradictory but I have my reasoning.
Post automatically merged:

Based on how Oda connects them, I'm convinced Mihawk's WSS is tied to Shanks somehow. The "I don't duel one-arms" is a red herring. Mihawk did fight Yonkou Shanks and won (and became "WSS" by default), but it was a sour victory for Mihawk as Shanks wasn't at his fullest potential. When Shanks had two arms, he was either Mihawk's equal or superior.
Honestly I think the WSS title is because Mihawk has the strongest slashes in the verse. These titles don't come from some official record, it's hear say and legends. What is the most prominent thing about a swordsman? His slashes.

When it comes to cutting force, power, sharpness, etc. no one matches Mihawk. That alone guarantees he's a top tier. Mihawk's place in the verse is secure. Zoro is a monster rn, and he's not seeing Mihawk. We don't need more than that to know how strong he is. Idc for Shanks vs Mihawk, both can eat in their own right, I believe Oda won't trample on one for the other. Oda loves to wank Shanks too much for me to believe he's gonna blatantly gonna throw him under the bus. He's always protective of his top tiers taking Ls, let alone Shanks.

I personally wouldn't have a problem with your scenario, it's logical, but I'm not convinced Oda is gonna go that route.

Last edited:
Atleast try to hide that you're an alt dawg lmfao, but yea that panel maybe hints Law believes it, but it's hard to explain I have a gut feeling when it comes to these things. Law doesn't have the makeup of who I think Oda will claim a swordsman (his top attacks atm are without his blade), I could be wrong.

This gets even weirder because I'm on record saying Fujitora is not restricted by the WSS title either, but I do believe Fuji is a swordsman at heart. Sounds contradictory but I have my reasoning.
lmfao, nothing to hide.

There is a reason Law can use a cursed sword. Fujitora is modeled after Zatoichi, so he has higher chance of being a swordsman than not.

Kizaru and Big Mom being swordsmen will be so lame and I dont really care about them. The one thats bothering me right now is Shanks, I am looking forward to how Oda explains his fighting style.

Honestly same

Tho if he does end up being stronger hopefully hes somehow classed as not a swordsman cause it honestly seems a bit too mean to mihawk lol

When it comes to characters like law, the admirals pre fuji, and big mom i don't think its a coincidence that oda didn't give any of them meitos on top of people always questioning how much of a swordsmen each is. Not even shanks has one which could be hinting the same thing or not

The only top tier alive that probably has is maybe rayleigh but its not confirmed at least yet
Out of the dead one aka roger, newgate, shiki, oden, and ryuma only 2 are legit confirmed. Oden and ryuma both being from wano and obvios goals/stepping stones zoro has to reach

Is Sanji now immune to swordsmen? “Swordsmanship is the most powerful fighting style” but is it tho? @comrade
No i don't think sanji is immune i don't think there is something in one piece that is immune to swordsmen lol..
Proficient swordsmen in one piece are scary people, see kinemon damaging kaido while their power level difference is unmeasurable..
Queen is not a proficient swordsman, in this chapter we see that sanji's body is tougher than steel and that's it..
Queen is a powerful dude don't get me wrong, we can clearly see that in the panel that his sword was broken that his swing continued and never stopped at sanji's body so the way i see it is that sanji's body is tougher than this sword..

It's not far from real life logic. The best wrestler has to be best at wrestling. A sniper has to be able to snipe best. A WSS needs to be best at swordmanship. It doesn't do justice if the swordman pull df abilities, guns or anything in the middle of fight to beat the one who is best at sword to replace him as the new WSS.
Or for Zoro to become strong... complete his journey only to find out in End that the WSS only carries a sword... barely know all tricks+skills with the sword but has op df to boost his overall PL to the top with a sword. That's like disappointing, not do justice to Swordmanship fighting style.

Oda is the one who fuelled this confusion though by giving Zoro interesting matchups that made fans count em all part of Zoro goal but it was all to make Zoro stronger, skilled with sword and not draw bland fights. As long as anyone claims being a swordman or strong, Zoro is ready for a fight. But WSS, his goal is one different thing.

Hence his final fight is Mihawk, who easily could grow far stronger with a df but has none still. Cuts Glaciers with casual sword slashes.. Is the best Swordman in Onepiece,

Side note law down the line should start using a gun
Like just imagine him shooting someone and as soon as their about to dodge the bullet he switches places with it. Shit would be so cool

People forget that WSS can be the best skilled with swords and still use other things like DF powers, punches and bites.

Although I find terrible to read Zoro saying that.