Powers & Abilities A Japanese pun some of the readers might not be aware of: Saturn = Satan

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
I wouldn’t be surprised if each had their own connection to different biblical (and non-canonical) demons relating to the Abrahamic religions. Lucifer preceded its connotation to the devil and was associated with Venus, so there could be something there
Satan, Lucifer, Beelzebub, Behemoth, Asmodeus, etc there's a lot of demons Oda could go with if he chooses to do that.

C

CensoredbyWG

Oda, just like every mainstream entertainment profissional, had to sell his soul to the devil and put subliminal satanic, masonic, kabalistic symbolism on his show.

Its part of the game, if you wanna go far, you need to throw references here and there to sinalize you are in.

Oda, just like every mainstream entertainment profissional, had to sell his soul to the devil and put subliminal satanic, masonic, kabalistic symbolism on his show.

Its part of the game, if you wanna go far, you need to throw references here and there to sinalize you are in.
That's an interesting theory. Any hints or references earlier on in the manga that reveal this? I mean more recently all his crew got some odd demonic style power ups, if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

I thought of this more about how it ties in with the bad and what it is that Luffy has to defeat. Technically Sun God would be Ra or Helios or Apollo or Horus ... etc, so technically rooted in yet another religion.
Post automatically merged:

Satan isn't even a demon in the original Jewish lore iirc. Rather, an agent of God whose job is to test people. Someone may correct me if I'm wrong.
The "administrator" in Sumerian text, which are more ancient.

But my point with this thread was Saturn is really evil.

C

CensoredbyWG

That's an interesting theory. Any hints or references earlier on in the manga that reveal this? I mean more recently all his crew got some odd demonic style power ups, if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

I thought of this more about how it ties in with the bad and what it is that Luffy has to defeat. Technically Sun God would be Ra or Helios or Apollo or Horus ... etc, so technically rooted in yet another religion.
Satanic circles appeared as early as Gorosei's first appearance, zoro and sanji full of akuma references, Brook's being "confused" with a devil after kuma sent him to that island...

The writers do it in a way that goes under the radar and ties into plot, but those symbols are scattered all throughout the show.

Since we are talking about "saturn", are you familiar with the cult of saturn? No pun intended, its a real thing.

Satanic circles appeared as early as Gorosei's first appearance, zoro and sanji full of akuma references, Brook's being "confused" with a devil after kuma sent him to that island...

The writers do it in a way that goes under the radar and ties into plot, but those symbols are scattered all throughout the show.

Since we are talking about "saturn", are you familiar with the cult of saturn? No pun intended, its a real thing.
Heard about it. Creepy shit.

Is Saturnalia related to it? ... a lot to research ...

Last edited:
Pretty sure it’s just a coincidence tbh. I doubt Oda chose to name the Gorosei after the planets just because one of them kinda sounds like Satan when pronounced in Japanese

C

CensoredbyWG

Heard about it. Creepy shit.

Is Saturnalia related to it? ... a lot to research ...
Most definitely, it´s amazing how present those guys are EVERYWHERE.

I was taking a look at a random city on google maps only to realize that both the architecture and the streets were lined in a way to symbolize their symbols.

6 edges star, black cubes, upside down crosses...

@Kuriboh Dude you have issues. It's not racist, you are full of shit. You probably don't know a single word of Japanese. Damn alt. Get back to your main, unless it's banned i guess. You probably don't even know what actual Japanese say about this either, you're just talking out of your ass.

Most definitely, it´s amazing how present those guys are EVERYWHERE.

I was taking a look at a random city on google maps only to realize that both the architecture and the streets were lined in a way to symbolize their symbols.

6 edges star, black cubes, upside down crosses...
Was always wondering about the cube. Saturn has the hexagon storm which looks like a cube on the side.
It's a very weird coincidence as it comes from an ancient religion with no space travel and also it feels like a stretch to make the connection, yet this can't be overlooked easily at all.

Almost like Earth had its own void century.

C

CensoredbyWG

@Kuriboh Dude you have issues. It's not racist, you are full of shit. You probably don't know a single word of Japanese. Damn alt. Get back to your main, unless it's banned i guess. You probably don't even know what actual Japanese say about this either, you're just talking out of your ass.

Was always wondering about the cube. Saturn has the hexagon storm which looks like a cube on the side.
It's a very weird coincidence as it comes from an ancient religion with no space travel and also it feels like a stretch to make the connection, yet this can't be overlooked easily at all.

I'm believing more and more that this whole "void century " stuff coupled with a few other things are oda's way to tell us what he was allowed to learn by the powers that be.

99% of people will read what we are saying and dismiss as a joke or schizo trips so its fine, elites tell true stories through fictional shows while telling lies through official ones.

The cube is their official symbol, the more you look into that, the more you see its presence.

Microsoft's early designs involved a black cube..., there are some banks with it too.

I'm believing more and more that this whole "void century " stuff coupled with a few other things are oda's way to tell us what he was allowed to learn by the powers that be.

99% of people will read what we are saying and dismiss as a joke or schizo trips so its fine, elites tell true stories through fictional shows while telling lies through official ones.

The cube is their official symbol, the more you look into that, the more you see its presence.

Microsoft's early designs involved a black cube..., there are some banks with it too.
Check out the Silurian hypothesis. The authors present it as a speculation in their paper, but really it's such a strange coincidence.