Questions & Mysteries A problem that I have with JJK (so far)

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
To be honest, it is better for a series to be good at a few select areas than to be average in every area. It has a far better chance of being memorable.

A series also has a much better chance of being memorable when it is original. Imitation might be the sincerest form of flattery but it only flatters someone else, not oneself.

After 20 chapters of JJK, all I could think was "Okay, so Curses are basically Hollows but minus the disturbing human factor, Gojo is Kakashi, Sakuna is Kyuubi, Yuji is Naruto, Yuji's classmates are the serious black haired one and Sakura 2.0, oh and that bigwig bloke from the rival school looks like some hipster Yamamoto."

This was followed by "A feckin tournament arc? Already? Really?" and that was when I decided to read Claymore instead. Lol.

Early JJK leans too much on other notable shonen and that was a big turn off for me. It's got a superficial Bleach setting combined with Naruto's initial plot points.
Feels like the most popular manga these days borrow a lot of Bleach/Naruto elements. MHA was also a strong Naruto clone until its 4th arc.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
I’ll never understand why people call this “The Next Naruto”. While I have my problems with Naruto (especially the trash known as Shippuden and Boruto), atleast I liked and had a connection with some of the characters. Meanwhile in Jujutsu Kaisen, it’s so called “best character” Gojo is nothing more than someone who’s strong and funny sometimes I guess. There’s not any reason for me to care about what’s going on because I barely know or care about any of the characters. Not to mention the story is trash

I’ll never understand why people call this “The Next Naruto”. While I have my problems with Naruto (especially the trash known as Shippuden and Boruto), atleast I liked and had a connection with some of the characters. Meanwhile in Jujutsu Kaisen, it’s so called “best character” Gojo is nothing more than someone who’s strong and funny sometimes I guess. There’s not any reason for me to care about what’s going on because I barely know or care about any of the characters. Not to mention the story is trash
Jogo is the only decent or memorable character in the entire series. Fuck Gojo