Versus Battle Acnologia the Black Dragon v. Ancalagon the Black

Which Black Dragon Wins?

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎

Distance: Very far away but within eye sight
Intel: Full

Which black dragon wins? The Dragon King from Fairy Tail or Morgoth's greatest winged reptile?

For some people who might not know about the latter, here's some info;

After clashing with the great eagles that came from Valinor for a full day, Ancalagon was felled and his body turned the great volcanic fortress of Thangorodrim to rubble. Three volcanoes that Morgoth himself raised up to be a great fortress for his side. Their exact size is unknown but this is what the wiki says for them;

Wikipedia said:
The position and size of Thangorodrim are unclear. One drawing by Tolkien, if to scale, would have made Thangorodrim 35,000 ft high, and the statement that it lay 150 leagues (450 Númenórean miles) north of Menegroth puts it too far away for some of the action in The Silmarillion to make sense; a distance of 150-200 miles would have been more consistent. It is possible that with the higher figure Tolkien was not referring to 'as the eagle flies', but rather 'as the wolf runs': the plateau of Dorthonion forced a long detour which added the extra 200, 250 miles to the distance.[2]

So all three volcanos that made up Thangorodrim is roughly 35,000 meters tall. The corpse of this thing could crush them beyond recognition.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Distance: Very far away but within eye sight
Intel: Full

Which black dragon wins? The Dragon King from Fairy Tail or Morgoth's greatest winged reptile?

For some people who might not know about the latter, here's some info;

After clashing with the great eagles that came from Valinor for a full day, Ancalagon was felled and his body turned the great volcanic fortress of Thangorodrim to rubble. Three volcanoes that Morgoth himself raised up to be a great fortress for his side. Their exact size is unknown but this is what the wiki says for them;

So each volcano that made up Thangorodrim is roughly 35,000 meters tall. The corpse of this thing could crush them beyond recognition.

Acnologia easily.

Acnologia should be Island level at minimum whereas Ancalagon is City level at best in my opinion.

Acnologia is faster/smarter and definitely more durable and whoever thinks that Acnologia is less durable he's wrong.

Acnologia also has better feats.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Acnologia easily.

Acnologia should be Island level at minimum whereas Ancalagon is City level at best in my opinion.

Acnologia is faster/smarter and definitely more durable and whoever thinks that Acnologia is less durable he's wrong.

Acnologia also has better feats.
By falling, Ancalagon destroyed 3 mountains > Mt. Everest in height.

Dragons in LOTR have incredibly tough scales that makes them impervious to most blows too, if we go by Smaug, who is a mere ant compared to Ancalagon.

Deffo think you're low balling the OG Black.

Acno has higher DC/AP/Dura(scales to DC,which is 24x stronger as Etherion) and as a Dragonslayer,he deals extra damage against Dragons

Ancalagon has mindfuck but thats useless against Acno who has Mindfuck resistance.F.Rogue was unable to mindfuck Acno,thats why he took a army of less powerfull Dragons.His Fire is also useless as Acno either cockblock it or absorbs/eats it

Acno has also Soulsteal

Size means shit here.Aldoron would steps on Anca and Aldo was hiding from Acno

Acno wins this without a problem

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
By falling, Ancalagon destroyed 3 mountains > Mt. Everest in height.

Dragons in LOTR have incredibly tough scales that makes them impervious to most blows too, if we go by Smaug, who is a mere ant compared to Ancalagon.

Deffo think you're low balling the OG Black.
I went through it asap and yeah I went too far with stating that he's city-level at best but even tho it doesn't change the fact that Acnologia is mountain level at minimum mind you.

He's faster/smarter and as I said already, more durable.

It's not a one-shot for Acnologia but he definitely doesn't struggle so much.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
The Black was amazing, really smart like all dragons, can mind control with his voice and his fire was hotter and better than other dragons.

Bur Acnologia still takes it.

The only saving grace for The Black is that : I think it was said that the Dragons squad led by the Black was Morgoth strongest force. So it might imply that they were stronger all of them than Balrogs. And Balrogs are strong, have good magic and are low level gods.

If The Black is stronger than Gothmog, Durin Bane etc it can mean he was some powerhouse.
But even Balrogs have weird and moving portrayal in the story so....

All in all Acnologia should win this.

Elder Lee Hung

Conqueror of the Stars
how does size matters here??
It’s kinda like asking why does an elephant’s size matter when fighting an ant lol. Ants are pound-for-pound stronger than elephants, but elephants probably smush thousands of ants without even realizing it.

Acnologia is an Ant to Ancalagon. It literally took a Star level attack to slay Ancalagon, like he was literally blasted in the chest with the force of a falling star (in case you don’t know, that is an above-planetary level attack)

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
It’s kinda like asking why does an elephant’s size matter when fighting an ant lol. Ants are pound-for-pound stronger than elephants, but elephants probably smush thousands of ants without even realizing it.

Acnologia is an Ant to Ancalagon. It literally took a Star level attack to slay Ancalagon, like he was literally blasted in the chest with the force of a falling star (in case you don’t know, that is an above-planetary level attack)

Acnologia is Continental level.

Ancalagon is not.

Size doesn't matter in this matchup. Acnologia is faster, smarter, more durable and his attack are op.