Anime & Manga Admiral Lee Hung's Rare Meme Repository

Sword & Admiral Quality

• Total voters
I used to be a Big Meme fan:risitasad:
You were never a fan in the first place so don't pretend like you were.:crocusuh:

:gokulaugh:
I really don’t understand how Lig Meme even has fans.
Big Mom has plenty of fans, a lot of characters have their own fans even Big Mom. Just because some people like you don't like a character doesn't mean everyone will be the same, I think it's fucking dumb to question a character having fans everyone has their own characters they like.

Last edited:
I used to be a Big Meme fan:risitasad:
I tried to be. I liked the initial concepts she had going (e.g. bad arse old granny, her desire for a cultural utopia etc.) and I even initially defended her back on OJ. I like scheming characters in general as well (e.g. my favourite Warlord in Gekko Moriah and my second favourite Supernova in Capone Bege).

However, there comes a point where a character becomes wholly unredeemable. The asinine cake chase plot absolutely destroyed her.
:gokulaugh:
I really don’t understand how Lig Meme even has fans.
To be fair, “liking” a character can be done for any reason, whether it be objective, subjective or illogical.

For example, Urouge is my favourite Supernova for illogical reasons. He is my favourite based purely on design and that glorious meme worthy smile.

Never would I even dream of claiming that he is objectively the best Supernova though. Objectively, Urouge has nothing going for him and likely never will (I made a post about why he is unlikely to ever get up to much).

However, I have noticed that some folk want their “favourites” to be considered good no matter what, even if their favourites are outright objectively bad.

I have noticed that Linlin fan usually try to drag other characters down to her level (“Some antagonist took an L once so they are just as bad!”), attempt to point to her strength in a poor attempt to hide her poorly written character flaws or crow about her “unique” design as if it somehow negates her woeful portrayal.

Some people will not accept that what they like is not necessarily objectively good.

I tried to be. I liked the initial concepts she had going (e.g. bad arse old granny, her desire for a cultural utopia etc.) and I even initially defended her back on OJ. I like scheming characters in general as well (e.g. my favourite Warlord in Gekko Moriah and my second favourite Supernova in Capone Bege).

However, there comes a point where a character becomes wholly unredeemable. The asinine cake chase plot absolutely destroyed her.

To be fair, “liking” a character can be done for any reason, whether it be objective, subjective or illogical.

For example, Urouge is my favourite Supernova for illogical reasons. He is my favourite based purely on design and that glorious meme worthy smile.

Never would I even dream of claiming that he is objectively the best Supernova though. Objectively, Urouge has nothing going for him and likely never will (I made a post about why he is unlikely to ever get up to much).

However, I have noticed that some folk want their “favourites” to be considered good no matter what, even if their favourites are outright objectively bad.

I have noticed that Linlin fan usually try to drag other characters down to her level (“Some antagonist took an L once so they are just as bad!”), attempt to point to her strength in a poor attempt to hide her poorly written character flaws or crow about her “unique” design as if it somehow negates her woeful portrayal.

Some people will not accept that what they like is not necessarily objectively good.
For me as much as I didn't like the cake chase it didn't ruin Big Mom's character for me, the only time I wasn't a huge fan of Big Mom's character was during the cake chase and when she was O-Lin during Act 2 of Wano(which imo was even worse). The only time Big Mom would have been ruined as a character for me is if she became an ally during the WCI arc, some people want to put a lot of the blame on Big Mom but I think some of the blame should go to Oda who imo is not very great when it comes to writing female characters.

Even though I like Big Mom and will sometimes defend her, I don't think her character is perfect or even the best. No I don't think Big Mom is a bad character just because some people like you may think that doesn't mean everyone will think the same, she has her flaws but she also has stuff that makes some people like her character. I don't remember any Big Mom fans trying to drag other characters down to her level unless I'm forgetting, I know plenty of people making fun of Kaido and some Big Mom fans including myself were in a I told you this would happen to some of the Kaido fans. This was because some of the Kaido fans thought that Kaido would be treated as a perfect character, and that no one would make fun of him but that didn't end up being the case.

G

Gran D. Master

Damn RIP (Ryokugyu's VA)

Keiji Fujiwara (藤原 啓治, Fujiwara Keiji, October 5, 1964 – April 12, 2020)[1] was a Japanese voice actor. His best known works are voicing Shinnosuke's father Hiroshi Nohara in the long-running anime series Crayon Shin-chan, Maes Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist, Holland in Eureka Seven, Axel in Kingdom Hearts, Leorio in Hunter x Hunter Shiro Fujimoto in Ao no Exorcist and Esidisi in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency.[2] In the live action field, he was mostly known for dubbing actor Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark.[3] He founded his own talent management and production company, Air Agency, in 2006.[4]

Damn RIP (Ryokugyu's VA)

Keiji Fujiwara (藤原 啓治, Fujiwara Keiji, October 5, 1964 – April 12, 2020)[1] was a Japanese voice actor. His best known works are voicing Shinnosuke's father Hiroshi Nohara in the long-running anime series Crayon Shin-chan, Maes Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist, Holland in Eureka Seven, Axel in Kingdom Hearts, Leorio in Hunter x Hunter Shiro Fujimoto in Ao no Exorcist and Esidisi in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency.[2] In the live action field, he was mostly known for dubbing actor Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark.[3] He founded his own talent management and production company, Air Agency, in 2006.[4]
:sus: