Anime & Manga Admiral Lee Hung's Rare Meme Repository

Sword & Admiral Quality

• Total voters
That is a weak excuse for Oda not to give them any personality of any kind. I have seen far greater “monsters” than those two in fiction that still had personalities.

Off of the top of my head, characters such as Knives from Trigun MAXIMUM, Mangoku from Kingdom and Makaku from Battle Angel Alita are all “monstrous” characters done well. They all have personality, they all have concrete motivations and they are all characters whose view of the world is explored.

To not explore an antagonist just because making them a hate sink character is easier, is simply lazy writing.

I never claimed that you did say that.

You are correct. They do not have anything to do with power scaling. That is the point.

Dark Admiral said this.

This was your response to that.

So the topic was Whitebeard’s death and the reasoning for why it was impactful.

My point was that Whitebeard’s death was not memorable/impactful because he was strong. In fact, his entire character arc revolved around how weak he had become.

Whitebeard’s death was memorable because he was an objectively well written character that the audience was given more than enough reasons to respect as a character.

Linlin and Kaido are both objectively mediocre characters with no respectable qualities and no amount of “sugoi, how stronk” from Oda is going to change that.

When these two characters fall, it will be nowhere near as meaningful as Whitebeard’s demise because Oda failed to give these characters any meaning to begin with.

“The heroes” always unite to defeat any antagonist in any story with a protagonist versus antagonist dynamic. It also happens in nearly every single arc of One Piece.

With this logic, one could replace Kaido with a block of cheese and as long as Cheesedo provides enough of an obstacle for the “heroes” to unite against then it has done enough to fulfil it’s narrative obligations as an antagonist.

This level of “meaning” is utterly superficial. Antagonistic characters should be more than just obstacles to be battered down by “the good guys”.
I... I am not sure what we're talking about then? We talked about power levels in general. I don't disagree about Whitebeard being meaningful or that these two are shallow characters. If you're unhappy about them being shallow but strong, alas. If it was up to me, every antagonist would be like Doffy.
It happens in every arc, but this time it's bound to be on a bigger scale, which will probably make an impact on the SH for better or worse in some way.
Well I certainly hope when memes are posted in the battledome they get deleted :hope:
What the hell.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It is possible that this man could unite the fandoms. Only time will tell. Lol
Imagine that. A fandom that accepts both the best of the Yonko (Whitebeard and Blackbeard) as well as all the ChAdmirals. It would be glorious.:akaman:

Let it be known that Admiral Tards are cool with Yonko if they are actually objectively well written. Crydo and Linlin undoubtedly fail that criteria. :akasalt:

I am not sure about Shanks to be honest. He has not had the chance to screw up like the other two and not enough has been revealed about him to say for definite. For now he seems to merely remain as a hype man. :endthis: