Speculations Akainu has no Idea about the sword.

Yeah, I think either Aokiji or Garp knows about. It would be fitting they would get Koby into it, because the lad seen how corrupt the system is and wants to correct it.

A

ardym

Akainu has literaly a sword on his arm but the others it looks like an X mark , just see X-Drake's chest , it doesn't look like a sword at all.
by the way it is the same mark Luffy and his crew in Alabsta used

It's confirmed he knows in chapter 957, both Akainu and Sengoku knew about the Kaido and BM alliance.

Sengoku's assistant says 'the report says the alliance is only tentative at this stage' - we know this information must have come from Koby (SWORD) who got the intel from Drake (SWORD). No normal marine forces have been sent to Wano yet there's nothing suspicious about the source of the report they received which means the higher-ups must know about Drake/SWORD etc.

I would've 100% agreed with that if Akainu didn't receive a report of the alliance like immediately, which can only mean that Koby reported that to the HQ.

Narrative wise it makes so much sense to have a Marine movement that's not agreeing with the government and try to do things their own way, but at heart they're still Marines and no Revolutionary's.

For sure. I imagine that the Sword is more like a rebellious movement or an Anti-Light inside the marines made of marines and ex-marines who have become dissillusionned with the corruption inside the WG and the fanaticism of marines like Sakazuki or Onigumo, hence why the keep themselves secret from even the Fleet Admiral.

H

Homelander

Akainu is WG dog. Sword was probably formed by sengoku to keep good marines under his loop.

It will interesting if Akainu learns of this. If marines fight themselves or split between WG and loyal for good cause. We might see this if im sama is revealed around the world.

We know big news morgan got juicy story it might reveal soon to the world once wano finishes.
Post automatically merged:

For sure. I imagine that the Sword is more like a rebellious movement or an Anti-Light inside the marines made of marines and ex-marines who have become dissillusionned with the corruption inside the WG and the fanaticism of marines like Sakazuki or Onigumo, hence why the keep themselves secret from even the Fleet Admiral.
I dont think its recognised by world govt. Aksinu will hate the idea if someone is going against Established order.

Problem is that Drake also said in the same chapter he saw CP0 in the Wano capital and Rear Admiral Koby was shocked to know. CP0 are even strengthening Kaido's ally by giving him warships. back then we saw Akainu criticizing the blonde Gorosei for leaving matters to CP0 to solve which further indicate that they don't corporate together.

1. In Dressrosa CP0 never interacted with Fujitora, they backed Doflamingo.
2. In WCI they were part of the underworld ( and marines only knew about what happened from Morgans' newspaper )
3. in Wano they were dealing with Orochi

they are absolutely corrupted organization under the CDs only and they never helped the Marine to neutralize evil threats thus far.

Last edited:
Honestly how the hell did the HQ even know about Kaido and Big Mom joining hands when nobody was there except Drake who's a sword member ?
Only possible explanations is that Koby decides to report to HQ, which is kinda odd tbh since we all expected them to keep it a secret.

Akainu's most logical question to Koby should be " were did you get that Intel from, we don't have any ties to Wano?".

It's weird

Only possible explanations is that Koby decides to report to HQ, which is kinda odd tbh since we all expected them to keep it a secret.

Akainu's most logical question to Koby should be " were did you get that Intel from, we don't have any ties to Wano?".

It's weird
More information needed.

but saying "sword" is a "innocent, light version marine" that oppose Akainu and the marine higher ups that follow him is meh. if that was the case then Issho who is against some of Akainu's ideals should already be a "sword" member as well, but we know he isn't since Akainu was the one who told him about the Drake Information and Issho was shocked in chapter 957 ( a day after the warlords hunt iirc )

Oda is known for long term and short term foreshadowing. trust me, the sword tattoo on Akainu's left shoulder, him having a heating conversation with Imu's lapdogs and him being cool with Aokiji being with Blackbeard wasn't a "thing" for nothing. remember Doflamingo's words, "who will betray who, and who will join who".

I

Inspector_Mu

Akainu knows
I might even think he made The sword unit 2 years ago

Not Sengoku nor Garp

The only marine we saw him standing up to Gorosei and calling them out, the only one who doesnt like injustice at 100% is Akainu