Character Discussion Akainu Sigma Appreciation Thread

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
The thing i fear is when Luffy fights Akainu, Oda would write him taking dozens of blows given how Oda writes Luffy fights with his plot endurance and that would be a pathetic sight to watch.
The thought entered my mind, but I think Kaidou was a training tool for Akainu, so that Oda could avoid that exact scenario. Like a part of me believes offensive barrier haki was created so Luffy can actually fight Akainu without running away 99% of the fight.

I think Oda envisioned this fight in his head and he thought to himself, how tf am I possibly gonna have Luffy not get folded against Akainu, and he came up with all of these ranged methods of contact. Having FS is another layer as well, we already got a sneak preview of him about to clash with Mihawk, only to realize he's losing his arms. All the shit Luffy has in his arsenal now means he can actually tango with one touch kill characters now. Imo we are definitely not gonna get Kat vs Luffy, or Kaidou vs Luffy type of battles. Majority of the fight will be Luffy avoiding taking critical hits. Sure there will be an insane feat or two where Luffy powers through being maimed, but there's only so many times you can use that in one battle before it loses its impact, besides those few moments will add to the brutality and struggle of such a fight. Like I said, fundamentally Oda is cornered.

Dude they all had 1v1s after that and won lmao
Who cares? Kaidou still spanked their asses.
Post automatically merged:

The thought entered my mind, but I think Kaidou was literally training for Akainu, so that Oda could avoid that exact scenario. Like a part of me believes offensive barrier haki was created so Luffy can actually fight Akainu without running away 99% of the fight.

I think Oda envisioned this fight in his head and he thought to himself, how tf am I possibly gonna have Luffy not get folded against Akainu, and he came up with all of these ranged methods of contact. Having FS is another layer as well, we already got a sneak preview of him about to clash with Mihawk, only to realize he's losing his arms. All the shit Luffy has in his arsenal now means he can actually tango with one touch kill characters now. Imo we are definitely not gonna get Kat vs Luffy, or Kaidou vs Luffy type of battles. Majority of the fight will be Luffy avoiding taking critical hits. Sure there will be an insane feat or two where Luffy powers through being maimed, but there's only so many times you can use that in one battle before it loses it's impact, besides those few moments will add to the brutality and struggle of such a fight. Like I said, fundamentally Oda is cornered.
Pretty sure basic Haki would already allow him to avoid getting vaporized since Shanks coated his sword in haki and stopped Akainu's magma fist.

The thought entered my mind, but I think Kaidou was a training tool for Akainu, so that Oda could avoid that exact scenario. Like a part of me believes offensive barrier haki was created so Luffy can actually fight Akainu without running away 99% of the fight.

I think Oda envisioned this fight in his head and he thought to himself, how tf am I possibly gonna have Luffy not get folded against Akainu, and he came up with all of these ranged methods of contact. Having FS is another layer as well, we already got a sneak preview of him about to clash with Mihawk, only to realize he's losing his arms. All the shit Luffy has in his arsenal now means he can actually tango with one touch kill characters now. Imo we are definitely not gonna get Kat vs Luffy, or Kaidou vs Luffy type of battles. Majority of the fight will be Luffy avoiding taking critical hits. Sure there will be an insane feat or two where Luffy powers through being maimed, but there's only so many times you can use that in one battle before it loses its impact, besides those few moments will add to the brutality and struggle of such a fight. Like I said, fundamentally Oda is cornered.
Couldn't have been said better.
What I also think separates this fight from the others is the very change in landscape that occurs.
We are talking about volcanoes shooting projectiles at any given moment, with the very ground you walk on on fire and the heat itself taking a toll on your body. Kuzan's fruit is even more brutal in that regard.
We already got a sneak peak of how exhausting it is to simply function in the environments these logias created. They were sweating buckets on the hotter side of the island and literally freezing on Kuzan's side.

ZenZu

Couldn't have been said better.
What I also think separates this fight from the others is the very change in landscape that occurs.
We are talking about volcanoes shooting projectiles at any given moment, with the very ground you walk on on fire and the heat itself taking a toll on your body. Kuzan's fruit is even more brutal in that regard.
We already got a sneak peak of how exhausting it is to simply function in the environments these logias created. They were sweating buckets on the hotter side of the island and literally freezing on Kuzan's side.
Now this is actually a fear I have. I really hope Oda does this aspect of the battle justice. Like it needs to actually play a legit factor in the difficulty of the fight. I'm always scared Oda's basic ass will turn all fights into CQC haki slugfests. The Logias can do so so much more.

Even being on the same battlefield against Akainu should be a passive struggle, forget when he's locked in.

Now this is actually a fear I have. I really hope Oda does this aspect of the battle justice. Like it needs to actually play a legit factor in the difficulty of the fight. I'm always scared Oda's basic ass will turn all fights into CQC haki slugfests. The Logias can do so so much more.

Even being on the same battlefield against Akainu should be a passive struggle, forget when he's locked in.
This is exactly why Kaido vs Luffy is the single worst fight in the manga and why I believe Kaido was kinda a filler villain for Luffy to grab his upgrades. The whole arc seems like a memorial to Japan without actually advancing the plot. I have hopes because post Wano is already looking leagues better, especially with the variety of the Blackbeard pirates devil fruit. Good fights are back on the menu.
I even left out the volcanic fumes on purpose, that might be a stretch
:risitavirus:

This is exactly why Kaido vs Luffy is the single worst fight in the manga and why I believe Kaido was kinda a filler villain for Luffy to grab his upgrades. The whole arc seems like a memorial to Japan without actually advancing the plot. I have hopes because post Wano is already looking leagues better, especially with the variety of the Blackbeard pirates devil fruit. Good fights are back on the menu.
I even left out the volcanic fumes on purpose, that might be a stretch
:risitavirus:
Damn Admiral fanboys sure love to hate on Emperors
If they're so much stronger than the "Lonkos" why can't Akainu put down sickbeard? Why'd Kizaru and Issho get knocked over by papa Shanks' Haki in Film Red? Don't get me wrong the Admirals do seem to be a genuine threat and definitely in the top 20 possibly the top 10 out of the characters that are alive ( besides fraudbull, ugh he's an embarrassment to the Admiral name ), but I need surefire proof that they can even push a Yonko to mid diff.

Damn Admiral fanboys sure love to hate on Emperors
If they're so much stronger than the "Lonkos" why can't Akainu put down sickbeard? Why'd Kizaru and Issho get knocked over by papa Shanks' Haki in Film Red? Don't get me wrong the Admirals do seem to be a genuine threat and definitely in the top 20 possibly the top 10 out of the characters that are alive ( besides fraudbull, ugh he's an embarrassment to the Admiral name ), but I need surefire proof that they can even push a Yonko to mid diff.
What does Powerlevels have to do with Kaido Vs Luffy beint a bad fight?

ZenZu

I'm just saying all this Yonko hate is probably just insecurity because they have better feats than the Admirals and these admiral fanboys know that but can't accept it. Why do you think Kaidou vs Luffy is a bad fight anyway?
Yea man the Yonkou hate doesn't at all come from two absolute stinker arcs, with a retarded Big Mom being the ticking time bomb plot device of her own arc, yelling wedding cake the entire time, and Kaidou being a glorified training tool unable to do any lasting damage to a single opponent, after the stakes and the Yonkou/new world were hyped up for a decade+. Yea not that at all, everyone is insecure because of bEtTeR fEaTs (which is not true anyway, it's more likely the opposite since a lot of the feats didn't live up to the hype actually).

The entire community couldn't be happier to move on from the Yonkou saga, this has nothing to do with Admiral fans exclusively. That was the worst stretch of One Piece for most.

Yea man the Yonkou hate doesn't at all come from two absolute stinker arcs, with a retarded Big Mom being the ticking time bomb plot device of her own arc, yelling wedding cake the entire time, and Kaidou being a glorified training tool unable to do any lasting damage to a single opponent, after the stakes and the Yonkou/new world were hyped up for a decade+. Yea not that at all, everyone is insecure because of bEtTeR fEaTs (which is not true anyway, it's more likely the opposite since a lot of the feats didn't live up to the hype actually).

The entire community couldn't be happier to move on from the Yonkou saga, this has nothing to do with Admiral fans exclusively. That was the worst stretch of One Piece for most.
Okay, let's not bring up the fact that he killed Luffy, which the Admirals couldn't do even when they were together. :myman:

ZenZu

Okay, let's not bring up the fact that he killed Luffy, which the Admirals couldn't do even when they were together. :myman:
In the grand scheme of things that was an immortal character trope being played out, he only "died" because he couldn't die, Kaidou only healed Luffy and made him stronger with that scene.

Let's talk about Kaidou falling to kill a single scabbard, only for them to go downstairs and have a shitty room sized bomb, and a basic shigan to the stomach, do what Kaidou the "WSC" failed to do. And now we find out the CP0 who literally signed up to die, actually got to take out his camera after his death for professional shots. Take that in, a character begging to be killed, and Kaidou still couldn't give him what he wanted.

Like holy shit it's like Oda hates the guy or something, even retroactively he's taking the 1 free body he caught away from him. And why on Earth would he allow a room sized explosion and fodder Cp0 to catch bodies Kaidou failed to catch otherwise. It doesn't even make any sense, the only explanation is he hates Kaidou. It's not even like people didn't die on Wano, it's just Kaidou failed to do anything.

You have no intention to actually respond to his post and come up with this lol
He had an entire arc to 1v1 Luffy as a high tier incapable of even damaging him, couldn’t do the job multiple times and eventually it escalated to multiple rounds where Luffy is pretty worn down. And even though Luffy was on his deathbed, Mr. Go had to interfere for Kaido to secure the win, pretty ironic.

Nika proceeds to one shot him, and now Kaido turned to CO2 and Sulfur after lying in a magma pool, talk about great finish.
In a 1v1 always bet on Kaido as long as there’s a third party to interfere.

In a mainstream shounen you have to appreciate a character like Sakazuki. He doesn't clown around, he shows no remorse, but most importantly he donuts

Manipulate the weak minded

Top tier trashtalk

Help old men get their lit funeral

WB ship in which he sailed the seas for decades and took pride in destroyed 10 minutes after meeting Akainu.

Adv. conq magma balls (note:hands in pocket)

Doesn't joke around, sees an oppurtonity and grabs it

Oh nonono nonono

one shot the world

Fried fish to feed the wounded in battle

12 commanders doing a great job protecting their crewmate

Cheapshot by "WSM"

Get right back up and burn half his face, tank an island splitting quake punch and come back to fight 11 commanders + croco and Jinbe. Takes 2 gear 4 to beat Doflamingo, countless to beat Katakuri, multiple awakened ope ope and magnet organ destroying attacks to beat Big Mom, 9 scabbards + worstgen + adv. conq + Gear 5 to "knock down Kaido". Akainu, after the cheapshot, takes 2 seconds to melt 30% of the legendary Whitebeard. Has the fight continued you know what would have happened.

Facing the world's strongest crew solo and still asking why they're willing to give up their lives

Top tier yonko commanders sneak attack you "how irritating"

Kill fodder for wasting precious seconds better spent with murderering evil pirates

Beta fleet admiral wanking his enemies

Sigma Sakazuki calm and composed and ready to mentally traumatize the OP community

Eliminate scum pirates who pose a threat to civilians.

Execute deserters to inspire discipline

Based fashion, wears marine hat to identify with his fodder underlings, wears flowers because they're a symbol of peace and love.

This man never loses
In honor of @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung
Akainu is an alpha.I see Fujitora and Aokiji as sigmas.Kizaru and Aramaki as betas.Sengoku and Garp are alphas too.

ZenZu

Akainu is an alpha.I see Fujitora and Aokiji as sigmas.Kizaru and Aramaki as betas.Sengoku and Garp are alphas too.
Kizaru is the furthest thing from a beta, c'mon now. Dude could not give a single fuck about a legend like Rayleigh appearing out of thin air, he ignored him right to his face, and then ignored WB the WSM right in his face as well. When they kept annoying him, he without hesitation went right at them without his facial expression changing even once. Contrast this with most top tiers avoiding confrontation any chance they get.

Nice praise of Akainu. Looks very good. Now watch Oda disappointing you by having him die miserably !
I really doubt that’s the case but who knows.
”Bunta Sugawara, the greatest-looking guy in the world with the best bone structure. Rest in peace. I have no words. I will draw Akainu with great respect.” - Oda

In the grand scheme of things that was an immortal character trope being played out, he only "died" because he couldn't die, Kaidou only healed Luffy and made him stronger with that scene.

Let's talk about Kaidou falling to kill a single scabbard, only for them to go downstairs and have a shitty room sized bomb, and a basic shigan to the stomach, do what Kaidou the "WSC" failed to do. And now we find out the CP0 who literally signed up to die, actually got to take out his camera after his death for professional shots. Take that in, a character begging to be killed, and Kaidou still couldn't give him what he wanted.

Like holy shit it's like Oda hates the guy or something, even retroactively he's taking the 1 free body he caught away from him. And why on Earth would he allow a room sized explosion and fodder Cp0 to catch bodies Kaidou failed to catch otherwise. It doesn't even make any sense, the only explanation is he hates Kaidou. It's not even like people didn't die on Wano, it's just Kaidou failed to do anything.
All these excuses and bringing up plot holes and moments where characters get protected by plot armor
I'll do the same then
Aramaki ran from daddy Shanks' conq
Akainu pissed his panties when daddy Shanks blocked his goofy magma punch
Kuzan is literally Yonko Commander level lmfao
Fujitora and Fraudbull jobbed to the revolutionaries
Akainu is only on par with Sickbeard, nearly got three shotted by him too.
They don't even have advanced haki either, they've only got advanced armament and yet they still job to 8 year olds from Wano.

Kizaru is the furthest thing from a beta, c'mon now. Dude could not give a single fuck about a legend like Rayleigh appearing out of thin air, he ignored him right to his face, and then ignored WB the WSM right in his face as well. When they kept annoying him, he without hesitation went right at them without his facial expression changing even once. Contrast this with most top tiers avoiding confrontation any chance they get.
Aramaki is fan boy of Akainu and shat his pants because of Shanks.Borsalino doesn't have the balls to speak his mind out.He also looks stoned most of the time.No admiral is a real beta of course.But GreenBull and Kizaru seem to be on the bottom of the dominance hierachy regarding admirals.