Future Events Akainu will be defeated by Luffy

Akainu will be defeated by Luffy or Sabo?

• Akainu will be defeated by Luffy

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • Akainu will be defeated by Sabo

Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters
I am amused by the themes from some users that Akainu will be one shotted, or will be overcome by one of the secondary characters, like Sabo.

Recall that Akainu brought Luffy to the point where he said that he would not become the Pirate King because he was weak. He completely destroyed Luffy mentally and physically. Of course, some feel that Luffy has become too powerful to waste time on Akainu. However, Oda himself wrote that Akainu could become the Pirate King in a year if he wanted to. This speaks of the great strength of this character.

Now let's look at Sabo. Who is his enemy? World government. Who is the enemy of pirates? The Marines. Sabo's enemies are celestial dragons, Gorosei, but certainly not Akainu. Akainu is Luffy's enemy.

Now let's see how many enemies put an scar on Luffy? Maybe Rob Lucci who stabbed Luffy right through? Or Crocodile? Why the only scar Luffy got from his enemies was Akainu's.

Moreover, Akainu was the one who killed Ace, and essentially killed Whitebeard. Thus, Akainu not only took away life of his brother, but also marked him for whole life - a mark of weakness, a mark of loss.

What harm has Akainu done for Sabo? Killed a brother he didn't even remember? The victory over Akainu does not carry any weight for Sabo. It's not Akainu's fault that Sabo wasn't in the war, it's Sabo's fault, he admits it himself. And knowing the nature of Sabo, he will not blame Akainu and want revenge, unlike Luffy.

Perhaps Akainu will be the first character that Luffy takes the life of.

Last edited:
BM :
  • Luffy promises 3x or 4x to beat her
  • Oda builds the plot for years since the start of NW
  • Has plot with Elbaf
  • Pedro dies in WCI
  • But gets beaten by Kid and Law cause Oda wanted to bet rid of her and hype Kid/Law
Now Akainu :
  • Luffy never made any promise to beat him or avenge Ace
  • Scarred Luffy when he was unconscious and wasn't in battle between both.
  • Hasn't really been relevant the whole Post TS.
  • Imu is the new big boss to beat
  • Sabo is the new Ace
Sabo vs Akainu is happening

Apollo

The Sol King
Luffy witnessed Ace's death first-hand. He was scarred by Akainu physically and mentally. He almost broke Luffy's dream. I doubt any other villain will push Luffy's character as far as Akainu did.

Sabo does not have the same scars as Luffy despite him being Ace's brother as well. If Luffy is fighting Blackbeard, he will fight Akainu as well. Oda purposefully put those two together more than once.

--That is true and good and there is built up but nothing is 100%. BM is the best case even if you say it isn't as strong as akainu's case but plot rules supreme.

--Luffy is guaranteed to face off against akainu and will have small fight. After that its 50/50. Personally luffy will leave him to sabo and will go on to defeat imu sama

BM :
  • Has plot with Elbaf
  • Pedro dies in WCI
  • But gets beaten by Kid and Law cause Oda wanted to bet rid of her and hype Kid/Law
Now Akainu :
  • Sabo is the new Ace
Luffy defeated BM in some way.
But you know it's normal thing that not everything that you say will always happen. But let's be honest there is still some crazy possibility that BM is alive. But I believe that BM will never be Luffy's enemy again.

Now when you say this thing about Akainu, that Luffy not even remember who put the scar on his chest, lets just check out manga:

With Teach comparison:

Post automatically merged:

Imu is the new big boss to beat
Now, I agree that Imu is the final boss, but Akainu will be defeated by Luffy either, maybe not as final boss.

Luffy defeated BM in some way.
But you know it's normal thing that not everything that you say will always happen. But let's be honest there is still some crazy possibility that BM is alive. But I believe that BM will never be Luffy's enemy again.

Now when you say this thing about Akainu, that Luffy not even remember who put the scar on his chest, lets just check out manga:

With Teach comparison:

Post automatically merged:

Now, I agree that Imu is the final boss, but Akainu will be defeated by Luffy either, maybe not as final boss.
Luffy remembers cause they told him about that.
He wasn't conscious when when he got scarred.

Oda can do whatever
Luffy didn't beat BM! Not even "Technically"

If he can ditch away the plot about BM vs Luffy, Kid as new gen, etc...
He can do whatever with Akainu

I stopped expecting Akainu vs Luffy when Sabo got mera and started talking about "Ace not being happy" and regretting not being there ...
Sabo got Ace will, and he will do what Ace couldn't do

Luffy remembers cause they told him about that.
He wasn't conscious when when he got scarred.

Oda can do whatever
Luffy didn't beat BM! Not even "Technically"

If he can ditch away the plot about BM vs Luffy, Kid as new gen, etc...
He can do whatever with Akainu

I stopped expecting Akainu vs Luffy when Sabo got mera and started talking about "Ace not being happy" and regretting not being there ...
Sabo got Ace will, and he will do what Ace couldn't do
I really doubt in this, but that's fair points

ZKK theory came out when zoro fans say zoro will defeat kaido or land finish move .
‘Yet anti-ZKK say it not possible because kaido is luffy fight , not zoro fight .

Here , we have luffy see ace death in own eyes .
‘Luffy is main character .
Literately sabo beat Akainu is same thing as shyrui kill mihawk thing.

Comparing Akainu to big mom is wrong because it was not really built up .

‘Kidd attack big mom area first before luffy did. So Kidd vs big mom make sense.
Luffy is built to,fight kaido from zou arc or earlier arc.
‘Here sabo see IMU snd got nuked by him.

Would be make sense for sabo to fight IMU guy because that is whole revolutionary goal ?

Kidd got arm cut off by Beckman , then later he fight red hair pirates as shanks.
Shanks got scar by Blackbeard. Using some people logic , shanks and Blackbeard won’t fight.
‘Heck law beating Blackbeard is same as sabo beat Akainu as both side character beating main boss .

Last edited:
BM :
  • Has plot with Elbaf
  • Pedro dies in WCI
Now Akainu :
  • Sabo is the new Ace
Ok, but we hope that a bad choice doesn't mean there will be another bad choice down the line.

The only way I see Akainu vs Luffy is if Akainu takes over WG but don't see it happening. I don't think Marines and WG will have separate arcs.

Luffy beating Akainu wouldn't change anything but beating Im or the King of the World does. Akainu is just a lackey that is replaceable. Luffy is the one that would change the OP world at endgame not Sabo. So Sabo won't be the one to demolish WG.

I totally prefer Luffy to be the one who fights Akainu but if he keeps on clowning around with G5 against Akainu then honestly I'd rather Sabo fight him lol. At least Sabo's CQC style in cooperate with the Mera would be a good match up aesthetical-wise against Akainu.

Akainu - or any admiral - is no longer a big fight for Luffy, look at how he treated green bull. He just sat there eating meat wondering whether he was important enough to waste energy on. I said from the beginning by the time Luffy faces an admiral he will already be too strong for them and it is now a fact. He's already too strong for them.

At this point it would take multiple admirals to bring down Luffy, so unless you want Akainu to be embarrassed like Lucci was you should pray that Akainu fights Sabo.

The only way I see Akainu vs Luffy is if Akainu takes over WG but don't see it happening. I don't think Marines and WG will have separate arcs.

Luffy beating Akainu wouldn't change anything but beating Im or the King of the World does. Akainu is just a lackey that is replaceable. Luffy is the one that would change the OP world at endgame not Sabo. So Sabo won't be the one to demolish WG.
Pretty much. Either BB will be the endgame , then I can see akainu being the main big bad from marine side and most impactful. Imu sama can be shafted then. Maybe all they were doing was keeping necessary balance and were not truly evil.

If WG are final villains then it doesn't make sense for luffy to defeat both akainu and imu sama as they represent the same thing. WG and marines won't fall separately like that.

Either it will go Akainu -- BB or BB --Imu sama