Versus Battle Akou vs Rokuomi

I’m not so sure. If they were in Qin or Zhao, yes, but I’m not sure they were any more talented than any other Chu 1000 MCs just because we have no other commanders to compare them to.

Rei and Yoku were very young to be 1000 MCs, but I’m not sure if their talent levels at that age were above the standard Chu 1000 MCs. Just like how now, I don’t think Yoku and Rei are any stronger than the Juukou generals for example.
We have no other 1000 man Chu commanders to compare them to but a 1000 man commander fighting against freaking Tou like that is nuts no matter what the Chu standard for 1000 man commanders might be, I'm positive about that lol.

What I think it's that there might very well be other 1000 man commanders in Chu of that caliber, in absolute terms. After all, a smaller state like Qin had three excellent individuals as 1000 man commaders in Mouten, Shin and Ouhon, it's possible that Chu has a some other 1000 man commanders who are on that outstanding Coalition Kou Yoku (or Hakurei) level.

Edit : I didn't remember that rn but I'm seeing that Karin even temporarily promoted Kou Yoku to 5000 man commander during the Coalition War.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
We have no other 1000 man Chu commanders to compare them to but a 1000 man commander fighting against freaking Tou like that is nuts no matter what the Chu standard for 1000 man commanders might be, I'm positive about that lol.

What I think it's that there might very well be other 1000 man commanders in Chu of that caliber, in absolute terms. After all, a smaller state like Qin had three excellent individuals as 1000 man commaders in Mouten, Shin and Ouhon, it's possible that Chu has a some other 1000 man commanders who are on that outstanding Coalition Kou Yoku (or Hakurei) level.

Edit : I didn't remember that rn but I'm seeing that Karin even temporarily promoted Kou Yoku to 5000 man commander during the Coalition War.
It still begs the question: if KouYoku and HakuRei were more talented than other Chu 1000 MCs, would that prove that Rokuomi is above that level as well? I would argue that it does not, Rokuomi’s experience level might be greater than Coalition Rei or Yoku but I would argue their talent level even back then was higher than his. And there is really no reason to doubt Sento Un’s words quite frankly.

I imagine if Akou went to Chu, he’d be at 5,000 Man Commander level scaling him from the Juukou gang. He isn’t on that level yet but he’s above Rokuomi.

It still begs the question: if KouYoku and HakuRei were more talented than other Chu 1000 MCs, would that prove that Rokuomi is above that level as well? I would argue that it does not, Rokuomi’s experience level might be greater than Coalition Rei or Yoku but I would argue their talent level even back then was higher than his. And there is really no reason to doubt Sento Un’s words quite frankly.
Like I said, I see the gap between someone like Kou Yoku and the average Chu 1000 man commander as very big. If we're comparing a Qin general like Rokuomi and the average Chu 1000 man commander in terms of overall level, I'm giving it to Rokuomi.

With that being said, Sento Un words exists and if future feats debunk my belief, with an entire squad of Chu 1000 man commanders, all at the same lv of a Qin General, second subordinate of Ouki after Tou and then General in the Tou army...so be it, to my shock and to the even greater one of poor Rokuomi :catcry:

I imagine if Akou went to Chu, he’d be at 5,000 Man Commander level scaling him from the Juukou gang. He isn’t on that level yet but he’s above Rokuomi.
Akou was described by Riboku as a man who could very well have become the supreme commander of a large army, he is capable of utilizing formations of Ousen himself (like the Shell and Joints) amongst the other things and he's a freakishingly strong warrior, as seen against Bananji and Gyou’Un, people for whom comparisons with Renpa were made and the martial might of Zhao.

That beast woudn't be anything less than a general in Chu lol. Rinbunkun was a Chu general, he was appointed as the commander of the 1st Chu army in the Coalition War...and he's certainly not Akou, in terms of overall capabilities.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Akou was described by Riboku as a man who could very well have become the supreme commander of a large army, he is capable of utilizing formations of Ousen himself (like the Shell and Joints) amongst the other things and he's a freakishingly strong warrior, as seen against Bananji and Gyou’Un, people for whom comparisons with Renpa were made and the martial might of Zhao.

That beast woudn't be anything less than a general in Chu lol. Rinbunkun was a Chu general, he was appointed as the commander of the 1st Chu army in the Coalition War...and he's certainly not Akou, in terms of overall capabilities.
“Supreme commander of a large” army is still inferior hype to what the Chu generals so far have received. The Juukou gang were all heads of small states, their talents in war are =< to the Wei Fire Dragons imo whom Akou definitely falls short of.

It’s hard to really explain my perspective on Akou because his feats have been shown in depth vs somebody like Rei Ou who has next to zero feats, but we know Rei Ou should defeat Akou based on portrayal. That’s how I see someone like Akou vs someone like Sento Un, Akou falls short even though we don’t have in depth feats from Sento Un.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Yes [Gaimou]’s a Fire Dragon and he's an incredibly warrior but...is he better than Akou overall?
It’s like I said in that Tou discussion recently, more balanced =\= stronger. Kouson Ryuu is a more balanced General than Moubu but obviously Moubu would eat Kousonryuu in a battle.

Even if Akou is a more balanced General than Gaimou, I’m going with Gaimou 9/10 times lol. I doubt Shells and Joints holds him back for long.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
that gorilla Gaimou. Yes he's a Fire Dragon and he's an incredibly warrior strong but...is he better than Akou overall? Gyou’Un?
Yes. It’s better to be highly specialized than to be a jack of all trades

It’s better to be a 98 in martial strength and 80 / 80 in other stats
Or to be a 98 in mind and 80 / 50

Than to be a 90 / 90 / 90

There are many talented strategist (88/93) that can join the beast to form an overwhelming army
While there are very very few men as strong as Gaimou.

He is. Heki has been a General for over 5 years now, and has been fighting on the front lines of Zhao for three years straight.
Not only is this absurd, it is a complete nonstarter.

Roku O Mi served under Ou Ki in Zhao when Rin Sho Jou was still alive. Since Ou Ki's passing, he's become Tou's second. He is approaching his 40s by now.

The level of experience isn't comparable.

Rokuomi and the rest of Ouki’s vassals are not that strong, it was straight up stated in canon that Renpa’s Heavenly Kings were “miles” above them in strength, and quite frankly every Heavenly King’s feats and hype put Rokuomi to shame.
The opinions and statements expressed by characters are not gospel and should never be assumed to be factual. Especially since we're discussing Kingdom, a series notorious for hyperbole and over the top, dramatic reactions to the mundane.

Characters will make all kinds of statements, often contradicted by others or the reality of the story. It's written that way to draw intrigue. That is Hara's primary objective - always. To tell an interesting story.

Bananji has the distinction of being compared directly to Kaishibou and Renpa, making him also a Heavenly King level commander, meaning Bananji’s strength is also miles above Rokuomi, and Akou had multiple extended duels with Bananji on top of stalling him out using the Shells and Joints formation which Riboku had to personally intervene to help Bananji overcome.
I am already bored by your use of hyperbole.

Clearly Hara doesn't see it your way because ROM has better stats than KSB and is only 1pt lower than BNJ in STR stats.

The portrayal is clear and consistent, Akou is a caliber above Rokuomi as a General. There is no area where Rokuomi has been even remotely comparable to him unless you appeal to Hara’s extremely ludicrous stat system.
Your argument boils down to proof of absence = absence of proof.

Again, A Kou is the Ou Sen Army's number one option. His role is completely different from ROM and it served the story to show that.

It hasn't served the story at any point thus far give ROM that kind of spotlight. Perhaps he'll have his moments down the line.

Which is funny when the word miles was literally used in canon to describe the difference in ability between commanders like Rokuomi and Kaishibou, whom Akou directly scales to lol.
Roku O Mi has better stats than Kai Shi Bou - the leader of the 4HK - what feats does he have that puts ROM to shame, destroying Kan Ki's HQ during Sanyou?

Like I said, Rokuomi is stronger than Heki but he is no Akou. You have Renpa stating that Genpou could lead the entire Zhao military, and Sento Un saying Rokuomi could be a 1,000 man commander in Chu, lol
Gen Pou is a strategist, his skill set is different from ROM.

And we know there is more to leadership than strategy. We have also seen ROM call out formations without seeing what those actually look like. Again - the extent of his abilities are unknown because he simply hasn't received that focus in the manga.

When Rokuomi holds off two 3GH vassals on his front and back, then we can talk. Otherwise, he stays getting shit on by Rinbunkun.
Rin Bu Kun was one of Chu's best generals. There's a reason he was used specifically to hype up Tou's prowess. Why is it a knock against ROM that he lost a fight against an opponent of that calibre? That makes no sense.

Hara's stats would indicate ROM would do a better job of holding out than A Kou - which is all what A Kou was doing, holding on for as long as he could. You're acting like A Kou was putting up any kind of meaningful resistance in that fight beyond just clinging to dear life, as 99% of Kingdom characters would be doing in that situation.

Here’s the thing: was Sento Un really disrespecting Rokuomi? Was he really?
Yes, they were fighting and he was talking shit.

When KouYoku was a 1,000 Man Commander, he fought Tou as an equal in a sword duel. Tou was wide-eyed in shock over how strong 1,000 man commander Yoku was.

When Haku Rei was a 1,000 Man Commander, he was already one of the Ten Bows of China (claimed himself to be number 3) which puts his skill with the bow on par with or even above somebody like Kyou En.
Ignoring the fact you dramatically overstate Tou's reaction - Kou Yoku and Haku Rei are talents comparable to the Q3.

There is zero indication that they represent the ability of the average Chu 1K Commander during the Coalition War. That's nonsense.

Rokuomi during that same time period was…losing a duel with Ribukun? Like seriously, Rokuomi has very tame feats and hype compared to the only 1,000 man commanders from Chu that we’ve ever seen. And Rokuomi certainly falls short of Akou in every category.
Addressed already.

Bottom line, your entire argument is founded on hyperbole and fallacy. Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

A Kou had a great showing during Shukai, but it is telling that the closest thing this series has to a god, i.e. the author, has given him inferior statistics to Roku O Mi.

Perhaps the character doesn't gel with you, but there is nothing substantive to your argument.
Post automatically merged:

To be fair Kou Yoku (possibly related to Kou En himself) and Haku Rei are very special, prominent members of the new gen, of an exceptional lv.
He knows.

It just doesn't serve his argument.

Stats r not reliable imo even if r written by auther himself..
Because their r many characters , plotlines , story progress..its completely diffrent than Game developers who has dedicated team to write stats of characters and review them than , single mangaka writting them..gonna be flowed..

On topic Akou take this..

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Not only is this absurd, it is a complete nonstarter.

Roku O Mi served under Ou Ki in Zhao when Rin Sho Jou was still alive. Since Ou Ki's passing, he's become Tou's second. He is approaching his 40s by now.

The level of experience isn't comparable.
Okay but experience does not equal talent, as you yourself just conceded when comparing the inexperienced 1K commanders Yoku and Rei vs experienced 1K Chu commanders. Rei and Yoku would be more talented despite having less experience due to how young they were.

Regardless, I didn’t even say that Heki was more talented than Rokuomi, even though there’s a very real possibility that Heki will become a Great General before EOS while Rokuomi has probably hit his peak as a General,

What I said was that their talent levels were comparable with Rokuomi being stronger. Which is quite frankly pretty irrefutable. Again, talent, not experience. Rokuomi is clearly more experienced but Heki is a (relative to Rokuomi) rapidly growing talent who has not hit his peak yet. Rokuomi has much less room for growth than Heki does.

The opinions and statements expressed by characters are not gospel and should never be assumed to be factual. Especially since we're discussing Kingdom, a series notorious for hyperbole and over the top, dramatic reactions to the mundane.

Characters will make all kinds of statements, often contradicted by others or the reality of the story. It's written that way to draw intrigue. That is Hara's primary objective - always. To tell an interesting story.
When it comes to military intel, yes the opinions expressed by military commanders is very much relevant given that each states military actively keeps tabs on enemy commanders.

But okay, let’s examine some factual statements about the Heavenly Kings just as a brief reminder:

Genpou: stated by Renpa to be able of leading the entire Zhao military. Hundreds of thousands of men. Also personally taught Renpa strategy and tactics.

Kaishibou: stated by Genpou (a military genius) to be on par with Renpa as a warrior. Also slayed 100 enemy commanders before joining Renpa.

Kyou En: was the leader of a small state military who lead armies against 4 of the Qin 6 and Renpa himself and was a formidable foe against all of them. Also one of the Ten Bows.

Rinko: possessed offensives stated to be “unstoppable” by Renpa. Also broke through Ouki’s massively hyped defenses and wounded Ouki himself.

Now we look at Rokuomi: Stated to be Ouki’s strongest vassal and…that’s it. That’s literally it. And none of Ouki’s vassals have any factual statements that compare to any Heavenly King.

Now if you can point to something that debunks any of these facts, feel free-and if you say stats, I’m going to put my head through a wall. On that note:

Clearly Hara doesn't see it your way because ROM has better stats than KSB and is only 1pt lower than BNJ in STR stats.
So I’m not going to explain every reason why Hara’s stat system is horrific lol, I’ll hit you with two of my favorites:

Shouheikun (91) vs Wategi (91): Shouheikun neg diffs despite each character having equal stats

Ouki (98) vs Shou Mou (93): Ouki neg diffs

Okay, so now Mougou (85) vs Renpa (97): convincing mid diff actually requiring Renpa to get serious, despite a 12 fucking point stat difference

^Square this shit, go ahead and try

Gokei: Wei’s most hyped General of all time, stated to be a Qin 6 level commander, a massive threat to all enemies of Wei, Shinryukun’s bastion of military knowledge, Experience Stat: B

Earl Shi: imprisoned for 14 years while Gokei remained an active commander, Experience Stat: A

^This is the equivalent of taking a test where the only question is 2+2, and writing Canada as your answer

So no. Stop using stats to try and make your point. I understand that you literally have no other arguments for Rokuomi, but you sound like a cocaine abuser. Anyway.

Your argument boils down to proof of absence = absence of proof.
No, my argument boils down to Akou having much better feats and therefore he deserves the benefit of the doubt, especially when Hara’s stat system has the consistency of a wounded gnat desperately buzzing around for a place to rest its wings.

Conversely, your argument is absence of proof = I can say whatever I want without having to substantiate it in any way aside from appealing to a coccaine induced stat system that possesses more blatant errors than anybody would care to count.

It hasn't served the story at any point thus far give ROM that kind of spotlight. Perhaps he'll have his moments down the line.
Rokuomi has had the spotlight multiple times now, he has simply failed to impress compared to the Generals you seem to believe he is on the same level as. He has had multiple battles where he has received focus, and 2 highlighted 1v1s against other commanders. No other commander in Kingdom has needed 2 mulligans before establishing their strength level.

Roku O Mi has better stats than Kai Shi Bou - the leader of the 4HK - what feats does he have that puts ROM to shame, destroying Kan Ki's HQ during Sanyou?
Kaishibou being the leader of the other Heavenly Kings who all dunk on Rokuomi in terms of feats, portrayal, and hype is enough to rank Kaishibou a tier away from Rokuomi, let alone Kaishibou being called Renpa’s equal as a warrior by an extremely reliable source.

Rin Bu Kun was one of Chu's best generals. There's a reason he was used specifically to hype up Tou's prowess. Why is it a knock against ROM that he lost a fight against an opponent of that calibre? That makes no sense.
In a vacuum there is nothing wrong with losing to Rinbukun. Rinbukun was very experienced and had slain “easily over 100” Baiyuu commanders, even Tou was very impressed with him in their fight.

HakuRei was also firing arrows at Rokuomi which Rokuomi had to dodge while also fighting Rinbukun, and Rokuomi still traded blows with him for a few minutes. This is quite impressive and there is nothing wrong with this feat in the right context.

But again, whether you go by bullshit stats or by in-manga portrayal, Bananji is a stronger warrior than Rinbukun, and Akou was trading blows with Bananji as mostly an equal (Akou was a bit weaker but they were quite close). Not only that, Akou’s Shells and Joints appeared to be a formation that Bananji was going to have a ton of trouble cracking on his own, if he could even crack it at all. Akou both tactically and martially proved himself against Bananji, while at best you could argue that Rokuomi maybe would’ve proved himself against Rinbukun if HakuRei wasn’t interfering.

Gyou’Un is another character superior to Rinbukun by both stats and in manga showings, and Akou gave him and Bananji a hard time even when they both hanged up on him. In comparison, Rokuomi and Ranbihaku ganging up on Sento’Un, were unable to push Sento’Un into a bad place and it looked like Sento’Un was having fun even with both of them ganging up on him.

Again, if your argument is absence of proof = I can think whatever I want, you may not see the issues here, but Ajou objectively looks better than Rokuomi. You can’t deny this.

There is zero indication that they represent the ability of the average Chu 1K Commander during the Coalition War. That's nonsense.
Well the argument isn’t really that they do, is it? The argument is, what reason do we have to believe that Rokuomi is any more talented than the average Chu 1,000 man commander? And the answer is nothing….we have one Chu General stating that Rokuomi is on that level, no real indications that he is berating Rokuomi, and nothing else. Lol

Perhaps the character doesn't gel with you, but there is nothing substantive to your argument.
Except I never said I don’t like Rokuomi? I also never said that I really like Akou either, yes i suppose I prefer him to Rokuomi but I’m not overly passionate about either of these characters lol.

Catch me in a Shouheikun, Riboku, or Moubu thread if you really want to see my bias
:datas:

Last edited:
Maybe Rokuoumi grows to Heavenly King level but so far he's a level below Akou. Whether it's a direct clash of armies or a 1v1 duel Rokuoumi probably gets mid diffed in both.

Akou is a lot more impressive honestly
He wins both in army battle and in a duel
If you wanna put him against Denrimi or Sou'Ou it would be more interesting