Anime producer talks about the future of the series in Saudi Arabia Anime Expo.

Lmfao I told people. OP's ending. By chapter 1000, Luffy will beat Kaido, Zoro will beat King, Sanji will beat Queen. Roger had a 5.5 billion bounty, and Luffy will get 5.6 (gomu). Mark it down. That will essentially end the Yonko Saga and endgame stuff will start.

I made it clear Boundman's strength was Top Tier from the get go. It physically overpowered Kaido (not to mention Kata/Doffy). All he was lacking was advanced CoA, and that will essentially put his offence on PK level right here on Wano. THEN, EOS vs. Blackbeard they will both surpass even PK level/Prime Roger/WB.

For the part where it says that the end of One Piece will be sad and more impactful than the Ace's death, I expect 3 possibilities from this:
1. Usopp dies (It's been foreshadowed from his lies that he would die).
2. Luffy gets executed in the end.
3. In the EOS, there'll be a long time skip with all the Straw Hats dead except for Brook and him singing Bink's Sake and maybe Brook tells about him and the Straw Hat Pirates's story for the new generation.

For the part where it says that the end of One Piece will be sad and more impactful than the Ace's death, I expect 3 possibilities from this:
1. Usopp dies (It's been foreshadowed from his lies that he would die).
2. Luffy gets executed in the end.
3. In the EOS, there'll be a long time skip with all the Straw Hats dead except for Brook and him singing Bink's Sake and maybe Brook tells about him and the Straw Hat Pirates's story for the new generation.
Coby executes Luffy .

Bogard

You can't win
He indeed said that by the ending of the series the events that will happen will surpass the impact of the death of Ace in how we will feel and they will be truly sad
Hmm Ace is already one of the most popular characters in one piece. It'd be hard to pass the impact of his death in terms of feelings

Only 2 scenarios for this to be possible

- Either one of(if not all) the main character will have to die
- Or one of the main character(if not all) will not accomplish his dream

For the latter it'd have to be related to one piece since it's the story the reader cares about the most

In either case wow just wow:believe:

I also like the confirmation we'd have a hint of one piece in Wano since i made a theory about Wano being related to ancient kingdom back in OJ. Sadly i didn't have time to share that theory here tho

The biggest question now is who will take down Big Mom? Oda confirmed Luffy would beat Kaido more than 3 years ago.

This dude said Luffy will fight "Big Mom and Kaido". So is it going to be serialized? Luffy takes down Big Mom then Kaido? Sounds a bit too much, but then again he said he wanted to defeat all 4 Yonko. Still, can't see Oda jamming 2 solo Emperors in 1 island.

I think this also confirms Germa and Alliance will show up. Luffy needs them.

Still questioning the five years part. I know Oda might be planning it that way, but we still got Elbaf and the final war not to mention a bunch of plot threads still need to be resolved. I wonder if he can even do that in five years without anything feeling too rushed. One things for sure, if Oda is starting to wrap up the story then Wano looks to be the final call for Strawhat recruitment. No way we're getting thirteen SH's unless a few people join at once, lol.

Not liking the sad ending hints especially since that means a Strawhat likely dies. I really hope it's something else. Hyped to find out about One Piece; it appears Wano really is a turning point for the story.

R

Rero💙

Shinji Simizu a producer of Toei participated to Saudi Arabia Anime Expo and talked about things related to the series.

Thanks to EMUNOPLA.

- There is a plan to adapt the cover stories into the anime but Toei Animation right now is thinking and busy with Wano arc .

- Oda knew that Ace's death caused great sadness and influence, so he decided that the end of the story would be more sad .

- The anime staff enjoy choosing character designs such as skin color and hair because the author Oda does not interfere much, but the author Oda sometimes intervenes and rejects ideas in order to make the characters more wonderful.

I did a summary of more things he said.

Be wary that it contains spoilers for the manga and the anime.

1. He indeed said that by the ending of the series the events that will happen will surpass the impact of the death of Ace in how we will feel and they will be truly sad.

2. By the end of Wano we will have an understanding of what the One Piece is and we will see something related to it ( or even a part of the One Piece ) .

3. Luffy will indeed fight Kaido and Big Mom in Wano and it will be the stuff of legends.

4. They want to adapt the cover stories but also the novels like the one of Ace and Law.

5. He talked about the plan to end the series in 5 more years.

6. Many changes are coming to the anime even more than the beginning of Wano and he talked about the designs of the anime.

7. He hyped up Kaido vs Luffy in the anime ( the upcoming episode ) and he said that it wll be something grandiose.
I honestly doubt those editors really spoiled all that up!!
Most of these infos are either misinterpreted or were exaggerated.. I mean how could they really spoil the ending of Wano or Luffy's climax fight like this?
I agree with what @ScotchInformer said on Twitter..
Post automatically merged:

Oh good thing Sandman cleared everything up..

Last edited by a moderator:
Sandmans version is the best. The editor didn't really tease to much, people are jumping to conclusions again.

An ending that's more touching than Ace doesn't necessarily have to be a death. The end of One piece is the most touching in itself, plus confirming that Luffy's team will fight Big mom and Kaido was nice, but again, expected.

M

MD Zolo

So nothing about 5 years, huh? Still, OP's end will be at sight once Wano ends is itself a statement regarding the length of the story.

I am a proponent for ending OP as quickly as possible, but not by cutting panels or keeping loose story-threads.

I hope Oda will properly conclude OP so that I can move on from my childhood with satisfaction that following it from 2006 was worth it.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Sandman’s version is more believable. I think it’s safe to say OP will reach endgame after Wano. How long that takes is questionable, but it appears they would like to finish within 5 years. I think that would be more realistic if 5 years meant the manga post Wano.

First thing that comes to mind when the ending being more touching than Ace's death is that one fan art where Brook is standing in front of the crews graves and there is an item signifying each of them.