Character Discussion Anybody else have mixed fellings about Jinbei?

Jinbei is perfect i love him snapping at Luffy's carelessness and he retained an innocent side to him, he would definitely have been interested in Ninjas on Zou trying not to show it.. He's trying to give names to plans which is completely unecessary.. Being part of the Strawhat will give him a second breath to his life as he always prioritized duty to his people before himself.. Jinbei will surely surprise us while riding on the most free Ship in the world with the Strawhats.. l don't understand the mixed feelings about Jinbei..

He didn't fight Jack because WhosWho is low key stronger..
Jack mauls WW

Jinbei is perfect i love him snapping at Luffy's carelessness and he retained an innocent side to him, he would definitely have been interested in Ninjas on Zou trying not to show it.. He's trying to give names to plans which is completely unecessary.. Being part of the Strawhat will give him a second breath to his life as he always prioritized duty to his people before himself.. Jinbei will surely surprise us while riding on the most free Ship in the world with the Strawhats.. l don't understand the mixed feelings about Jinbei..

He didn't fight Jack because WhosWho is low key stronger..
Jack low diffs Who’s Who??

It's fine that he's a bit boring, the only other "straightman" of the crew is Robin but she doesn't really react to the crew's anthics all that often, unlike Jinbe has done so far lol

Yep, feel the same way. Hard to put it into words, but def not feeling it. He feels like a loyal external ally. Personally, I’ve never regarded him as particularly interesting at any point, he was my least fav warlord. Juggling too many crew members brings up its narrative problems as well.
Like, i loved him and anytime he used to show up i'd be hyp as hell but i dont like him as SH, he doesnt belong to the crew, idk how to explain it but he doesnt look SH enough lol
I used to love him but im like " oh jinbei ok " now and nothing else
Yep, feel the same way. Hard to put it into words, but def not feeling it. He feels like a loyal external ally. Personally, I’ve never regarded him as particularly interesting at any point, he was my least fav warlord. Don’t really like the straightforward noble type :D. Juggling too many crew members brings up its narrative problems as well. It is what it is. I’ve started warming up to him a little bit.

Last edited:
Agreed
Something is always off, probably because he doesn't have any endgame perhaps, unlike the others
Or maybe it's because he just feels too strong perhaps? idk