Versus Battle Aot ending compared to other shonen

I don't think i have ever read so many dog shit chapter in a row other than NNT ending
After the Mael reveal it's like 95% garbage
The last 20 chapters or so are an insult to any fan with a brain
The Demon King was truly the worst villian in the history of the manga, really that is legit called from the own fanbase, the dude as garbage shit that the ending was truly shitty.
Dude was a leftover right and left, he get stomped, coming back only to get stomped, then he come AGAIn only for getting stomped again... Dude was really the worst villiian in the history of manga.

AoT have Worst Ending by far

Others have Bad & Disappointing Ending but those Endings didn't ruin First Half of Story, they will be known as Good/Great Shonen with Poor Final Act. But AoT Ending ruined the entire Build Up & made the entire Story meaningless
Entirely agree to this. AoT is the biggest disappointment from what is potentially the best manga plot convergence, so it strikes harder than anything.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
Never checked AoT before, but the amount of negative feedback i saw the last few days was high. Was the finale really that bad lmfao?
Not really, it was a safe mediocre ending. It's just when a show is as deep with as much buildup as AOT you'd expect something much better. Leaves a bad taste.

People saying Naruto had a better ending are just having a knee jerk reaction, Naruto's entire final saga was some of the worst writing you can find in this medium. And that went on for years.

Bleach, I have no words for, that can't even be considered a real ending, to this day I believe Kubo just ran out of time.

In a vacuum this ending doesn't even come close to being as bad as some of the others mentioned here, it just hits harder because it's AOT.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
To be honest
YuYu's last five or so Chapters could qualify as the worst Shounen ending

I don't even know what Togashi was thinking when it came to those chapters.
Do you mean the manga or anime? Cause the manga is the worst, by far. Art quality dropping rapidly. Intrigue dropping rapidly. He killed the series in the preliminary rounds of a tourney arc by time skipping past all of it.

I regret reading YuYu after getting there. Don't think AoT's ending is much more than a speck of dirt on its face

Do you mean the manga or anime? Cause the manga is the worst, by far. Art quality dropping rapidly. Intrigue dropping rapidly. He killed the series in the preliminary rounds of a tourney arc by time skipping past all of it.

I regret reading YuYu after getting there. Don't think AoT's ending is much more than a speck of dirt on its face
I am talking about Chapter 171-175. The five last Chapters where everything became random and disconnected.

Just wait until you read Wano lol, I can’t see any villain being worse than Kaido.
I know something more worse ... imagine two Kaidos
Post automatically merged:

The Demon King was truly the worst villian in the history of the manga, really that is legit called from the own fanbase, the dude as garbage shit that the ending was truly shitty.
Dude was a leftover right and left, he get stomped, coming back only to get stomped, then he come AGAIn only for getting stomped again... Dude was really the worst villiian in the history of manga.
I have no words left for the Demon King :whitepress:
I’m currently reading the sequel series and it’s good so far

Whoa wait...What happen to make everyone hate AOT now? What did AOT chapter do 0.0?

Fairy tails final arc pissed me off the most.
The worst thing was how Acnologia was treated. Such an badass wasted for the power of friendship
Well technically it wasn't POF, it was more that it finish in one-shot with big attack too soon. It make sense how he was given it was team work to stop his magic than BS overpowering him. The fight should have span for many chapters and more back and forth a bit too.

Peoblem is that we talking about AOT whitch was different quality manga, and now we comparing it with weekly shonen manga? That sucks already. That just mean that AOT ending not worth at all, it's awful. And wouldn't play out in this manga world case it has own laws and logic, which was broken by such an ending.
So yes it's absolute garbage...
And yet ending wasn't rushed...we got a lot off filler chapters with filler events, which was unnesessary at all.

H

Haoshoku

Compare Aot's ending to other series that had a "bad" ending like Naruto, Bleach, Fairy tail, 7 deadly sins et
Outta some of the ones you listed AoT takes the cake fairly easily. Naruto and Bleach had horrible endings. Fairy Tail even worse with characters like Makarov coming back from death several times without an explanation and a final fight that was straight outta DBZ’s Movie 8 lmao.

AoT fumbled a bit at the finish line but these other Shonen were already quite a mess before ending out on a trainwreck. In Fairy Fail’s case it took elements it was already struggling with mid-way like friendship BS to another level. One doesn’t need to say more than “Erza and the meteor” lmao, that was garbage tier.

Bleach, I have no words for, that can't even be considered a real ending, to this day I believe Kubo just ran out of time.
Iirc he did reveal that he tried to end it at certain points due to his “declining health“ or something like that but didn’t want to end it prematurely and continued pushing.

There’s also this:
Hopefully the anime fixes all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Outta some of the ones you listed AoT takes the cake fairly easily. Naruto and Bleach had horrible endings. Fairy Tail even worse with characters like Makarov coming back from death several times without an explanation and a final fight that was straight outta DBZ’s Movie 8 lmao.

AoT fumbled a bit at the finish line but these other Shonen were already quite a mess before ending out on a trainwreck. In Fairy Fail’s case it took elements it was already struggling with mid-way like friendship BS to another level. One doesn’t need to say more than “Erza and the meteor” lmao, that was garbage tier.

Iirc he did reveal that he tried to end it at certain points due to his “declining health“ or something like that but didn’t want to end it prematurely and continued pushing.

There’s also this:
Hopefully the anime fixes all that.
This
Unlike aot
Bleach Ft Naruto were already kind of bad

But Aot was fucking amazing for the most part..so SEEING at how bad the last chap bother so me so much

Comfortably the worst ending I've read recently and it just gets worse the more I think about it. This final chapter hurts the series by such an unbelievably large degree and through so many different ways. People had complaints for the last arc in general, but I on the whole really enjoyed it. This final chapter though was a complete car crash.
My favourite panel in the series... heck one of my favourite panels in manga, has been retconned into something absolutely hideous and into something which I completely refuse to accept was Isayama's original intention. I have no idea what happened behind the scenes, but this ain't it... Not at all...

Was a masterpiece in the making. Had it as a 10/10 literally just before this final chapter. It's now a 7/10. So many amazing moments have now been made meaningless or changed completely... it's insane.

AoT had that amazing effect where the rewatches were always so much better than the initial watch. Noticing all these little details and hidden meanings and clues showing the care and skill that went into writing such a complex story. Now it's literally going to be the opposite after knowing what happens in 139.

Last edited: