Should Al-Sama be removed as a moderator?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Is it a plothole if we are never given the parameters of her abilities? She could get dates for some predictions and just general events for others, she also knows some pirate with a hat will destroy FI but when Roger visited she didn't know who would destroy the gates of fishman island to the point where they blamed Roger and it ended up being seakings so we have seen different prophetic warnings.
I mentioned that possibility in my original post
I've re-read One Piece multiple times and there's only one thing that could fall under my definition of Plothole.

It was about Madam Shyarly's Scrying.

1) When she's asked when Luffy will destroy FI she says "I don't know, I can only see WHAT happens. I don't know if it'll be tomorrow or a year from now".

2) When Roger asks baby Shyarly about Poseidon's birth she says "In 10 years".

So that leaves me with:

A) The translation on the Fishman Island prophecy is wrong. Her ability can see what and when an event occurs. So she's not establishing a universal rule on all of her prophecies. She's just referring to that specific prophecy, that she only knows what happens regardless of time frame.

B) When she was young her ability could discern both content and time of prophesied event. And as she got older the ability weakens losing that added perk. (But this still needs to be mentioned in the story if it's the case so for now it's a possibility)

C) Shyarly is lying about not knowing the time of Luffy's destruction of FI (Very very very very unlikely)

D) It's a Plot Hole.

For now I won't legitimately say it's a plot hole until I can find the raw of said scenes and double check with a qualified translator whether the wording in the Fishman's Island scene was specific to the timing of Luffy's prophecy, or a general rule related to her Scrying ability.
But since this TL is accurate, she's establishing a universal rule regarding time frame predictions. So I'm not going to create a headcanon limitation on it unless explicitly mentioned lol

For now it's an inconsistency. Yes a minor one but it is what it is :kayneshrug: