Questions & Mysteries Are anime staff stupid?

There is a reason why Oden's techniques are very similar to the Zoro's ones.

There is a reason why both Zoro and Oden's techniques are named after food puns.

There is a reason why:
-Zoro meets Hiyori when she's 26
-Oden meets Toki whe she's 26

There is a reason why:
-Zoro saves Hiyori from who is going to be an ally afterwards
-Oden saves Toki from who is going to be Han ally afterwards

There is a reason why:
-Hiyori gives medical treatments to Zoro after the latter fainted after saving her
-Toki gives Oden medical treatments after the latter fainted after saving her

There is a reason why Oden and Zoro are the only two swordsmen to have ever tamed Enma.

There is a reason why Oden and Zoro are the only two to have ever
scarred Kaido

There is a reason why when someone picks up the sword of its deceased previous user he inherits his will.
And this is a manga that heavily relies on the inherited will trope.

I'm being generous and therefore I stop here, but there are a lot of other parallels actually.

So, to sum up: if you weren't able to realize all these parallels it's your fault, because anime is not making up anything.

Not that I like Zoro being paralleled to Oden, but what's implied in the manga can't be denied

I feel like TOEI tries its best to stick to canon but inevitably since episodes last around 20 minutes they are forced to empower the canon content with whatever they feel would be pertinent according to their subjective interpretation. Sometimes they get it good, most of the times I would suggest.

Anime takes a lot of liberties and is trash lot of times but this was fine. Zoro inherited oden's will nonetheless

Also anime is non canon so it doesn't matter anyways