Questions & Mysteries Are BB and Akainu suitable opponents for Luffy?

Who will Luffy fight?

• Total voters
We are underestimating Akainu. Pretty sure he can still cook/kick Luffy’s a$$. Besides Luffy isn’t Kaido level yet. If they fought fresh Kaido would still outlast him.

:suresure:
He is.
And nothing of previously done nerfed Kaido. Only stamina wise a bit, which doesn't affected his speed, power, durability, Haki power at all.

He’ll absolutely fight Blackbeard. They’re perfect foils for one another afterall.

He’s very likely to fight Akainu, only reason he wouldn’t is in case a marine appears that proves himself even stronger than Akainu.

I would much prefer a Sabo vs. Akainu fight. It could go either way with Luffy vs. Akainu or Sabo vs. Akainu. I think a BB is destined to defeat Shanks and for Luffy to fight BB. Part of me would like a Luffy/BB vs. Im fight.

I don't really invest in it..I don't think he can become an admiral:zorothink:
I mean people thought Law was going to be fodder after dresrosa but he just helped take down an emperor.

Smokers currently one of the few enemies Luffys fought but never been able to defeat.

Only Teach

People are still living in two piece world where Any admiral will be Luffy's strongest foe after Yonko lol

Only Teach and Imu >Yonko

Typical shounen powerscaling would lead me to believe Kaido is towards the bottom of the top tiers (i.e. I think that it's possible every top tier not yet dealt with is stronger: Dragon, Mihawk, Shanks, Sakazuki, Aramaki, Borsalino, Teach, Kuzan, Issho). Or if not, Kaido's at least weaker than most.

Are we all also so easily willing to forget Luffy got a lot of help with Kaido? Yes he bodied him but Luffy's main weakness has always been the nature of transformations and maintaining said forms. He had the same problem against Doffy with G4 and it took him a few more fights before he could use it with lesser consequences which to me indicates he's going to be fighting at least 2 or 3 more major opponents 1v1 before truly reaching the same level we expect for the end of the story/2nd gen Pirate King; the progress will be far more incremental though. He's got advanced forms of all three Hakis and awakened his fruit, there isn't much left to do but iron out the creases. 2 or 3 (or more) leaves room for both Sakazuki and Teach to be squeezed in. No doubt they are the final two fights for Luffy, the question is the order.

Luffy's very close to the top though, which to me implies that the next saga (which will be just as long as this last one i.e. another 4-500 chapters) will focus much more around bringing his rivals and his crew up to the level they need to be at

Last edited: