Current Events Are we witnessing to the fall of Marine in real time?

Looking at the situation of Marine right now,we can notice that:

- The Seraphims can be labeled as failures. Not because they're not strong,but,as S-Snake's behavior showed,they are able to develop a rebeling side,because of the instincts of the Warlords they're inspired by.

- They just found out that a pirate like Bonney can control their Pacifista

- What will happen to Kizaru? If they win against the Strawhats in Egghead,thats ok for them,but,we know they're the main characters to they wont lose. In the worst case situation they will run away from Egghead. So what will Kizaru do? Even if he doesnt die,will he resign? I mean,a failure like this would look bad for the Marines and for him.

-They renounced to the Warlors for the Seraphims,and now they dont have them anymore

- The "Sword" section does what they want

Is the World Government losing a lot of power,trough the Marines? I guess in the final war there could be only the World Government forces like the various CP and The Holy Knights to fight,and not the Marine.

Last edited:

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
Imagine if it comes out that the Marines are the ones who killed the Vegapunks, too, not the Straw Hats?

I believe Marine Civil War is on the horizon, characters like Fujitora and Smoker are not going to accept this.

The rest of the world, as well, will sour heavily on the Marines if they find out that the Marines wanted to kill/killed Vegapunk, the man responsible for helping so much of the world with science.

Ohara was kind of dumb, this is just an incredibly reckless and short-sighted decision by the WG that will come back to bite them all over the ass.

According to the manga, they can still control the Seraphim. Vegapunk apparently only put Bonney on the top of the "chain of command" for the Kuma lookalikes, so the Seraphim are out of the equation (except S-Bear maybe).

As for Kizaru, this arc is looking like the end of the line for him. If he doesn't die (or turn sides, as some speculate), then he'll go MiA like Garp or something like that, I think.

WalnutTax

A man, my son 🌊
‎‎‎
Good question. Something I've noticed after reading OP for a while is that Oda intentionally doesn't tell us the number of Marines in-service for the Navy (active duty or reserve). There were 100,000 "elites" and 50 battleships stationed during Marineford Arc, and we got 30,000 marines with 100 ships (20 battle) sent to Egghead.

Why does this matter? Because when shit started going down after the warlords were dissolved and Kaido and BM allied, Akainu stated that the Marines were spread thin as they were. Same deal with the revolutionaries. The latest chapter has the pacifistas inflicting devastating losses left and right. Can we imagine the scale of these casualties in the aftermath? What about the reputation of the Buster Call? :madmonk:

SSG is done; good luck finding a science group that can help maintain the Seraphim or make new advances in technology.
Ohara was kind of dumb, this is just an incredibly reckless and short-sighted decision by the WG that will come back to bite them all over the ass.
This is a HUGE deal and something we can see moving forward. A civil war is inevitable if affairs continue to get worse. Poor Kizaru will be dreading the post-egghead briefing with the Fleet Admiral amongst others for his performance...unless he calls it quits. :catcry:

Seraphims are still a thing I’d assume only S-Bear can be controlled by Bonney

If Saturn falls here we still got 4 other gorosei who are way stronger than Saturn (Saturn is the last planet in that order and the first to be intro’d therefore he’s the weakest)

We still got Akainu, two admirals, holy knights who’ve been hyped up to be potentially as great as the admirals if not greater as they’re the only one who can “judge” celestial dragons, kong, IMU + ancient weapon, they’ll be fine

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rock that Soul!!!
Good question. Something I've noticed after reading OP for a while is that Oda intentionally doesn't tell us the number of Marines in-service for the Navy (active duty or reserve). There were 100,000 "elites" and 50 battleships stationed during Marineford Arc, and we got 30,000 marines with 100 ships (20 battle) sent to Egghead.

Why does this matter? Because when shit started going down after the warlords were dissolved and Kaido and BM allied, Akainu stated that the Marines were spread thin as they were. Same deal with the revolutionaries. The latest chapter has the pacifistas inflicting devastating losses left and right. Can we imagine the scale of these casualties in the aftermath? What about the reputation of the Buster Call? :madmonk:

SSG is done; good luck finding a science group that can help maintain the Seraphim or make new advances in technology.

This is a HUGE deal and something we can see moving forward. A civil war is inevitable if affairs continue to get worse. Poor Kizaru will be dreading the post-egghead briefing with the Fleet Admiral amongst others for his performance...unless he calls it quits. :catcry:
You're a Marine. You're short-staffed to hell.

Aokiji, a hero at Marineford, left to join a Yonkou crew, and no one wants to talk about it.

The guys you failed to kill at Marineford, the Yonkous Luffy and Teach, look worse and more ambitious than Ace and Whitebeard ever were. What did your friends die for back then?

None of the Warlords were captured by the Marines sent to claim them.

Three former Warlords are now actively hunting Marines in Cross Guild, and have already killed a Vice Admiral.

And now, you find out that the guy meant to replace the Warlord's with Pacifista, Vegapunk, got killed... BY THE MARINES AND WORLD GOVERNMENT?!?!?!

Unless Oda decides to piss all over the narrative, this incident will have disastrous consequences for the Marines.

I think Egghead really will be the "Are we the baddies?" moment for a lot of Marine soldiers.

Just need Big News Morgans to show up and do some live reporting, mweheheheheh

As some of you said,another problem for the Marine that i didnt include in the opening post is the fact that they are actively targeted by Cross Guild and from the people who wants money from the Cross Guild. Oda is clearly putting them in a very difficult position,and its true,maybe the Marine wont fall completely,but there could really be a division between two group of Marines,a side that will still obey to the WG,and a rebelious side,that may join the Revolutionaries?

The WG and Marines are definitely going into crisis mode. The story has been spreading the Marines thin across many fronts. The revolutionaries are liberating islands at a quick pace and have managed to cut food supplies to the CDs which is bound to create tension between the WG and Marines. Not to mention the many fatalities the Marines had to incurred trying and failing to arrest the Warlords. Only Oda knows how many they have lost

This is where I get into some theorizing. But
I think the Blackbeard Pirates will be the final straw that leads to the Egghead Incident. I seen theories online that argue that Kizaru will die at Teach's hands which would demoralize the Marines having one of their own Admirals fall which probably hasn't happened in years In the world of One Piece.
But that won't be the end of it, because I also believe that that BB pirates will capture Saturn and use him as a hostage in exchange for recognizing Teach as an official King of Hachinosu.

Then I could see hell breaking lose between the WG and Marines because while the WG have been known to cut backdoor deals with criminals, they will likely publicly bend over to recover one of their own members to save him. But Akainu won't take it anymore because his comrade and many marines are dead and he would have to accept his comrades murderer as a King. So I could definitely see a civil war break out, giving the Revolutionaries and Blackbeard pirates the opportunity to strike when the WG is most vulnerable..