General & Others As the Arcs Progress is Post Timeskip getting Better or Worse?

Whats your opinion? Are things getting better as we progress?

• Total voters
Much worse, and it's not even a debate. :lusalty:
Post automatically merged:

Fishman island already put the bar pretty low. But Punk hazard somehow limbo under it.

Then it went up hill to dresrosa then zou then Wci.

Then it plummeted with the worst arc to date wano
Lolda's decision to drop nearly every plot thread he built in and for Wano because of who-knows-why is mind-numbingly dumb, ngl. :catcry:

I am kinda surprised to see this result in the poll. Fishman Island, Punk Hazard and Dressrossa were the absolute worst for me. Dressrossa was the only arc that made me stop reading every week and I legit considered dropping One Piece. At least until it was over. I think things got better since Kaido's introduction in chapter 795.

Maybe most people are disappointed with recent events and I don't disagree with them, but I still think those three arcs are worse

-Fishman Island was dogshit
-Punk Hazard is a 10 by post TS standards, Law was great, we got Smoker, Vergod. We see what it means when logias fight, just a young action packed cozy arc to set you up for the New World.
-Dressrosa I actually really enjoyed the colloseum even the fodder fights. After that the arc took a low and stagnated for like 20 or 30 chapters where nothing really happens. Doffy fb was great, ending was decent. It was unnecessary long but still one of the best arcs imo.
-Zou was decent
-WCI & Wano...

I

Impact_Dial

Odas editors need to be flogged african style how can u be crying when crydo gets stabbed by the scabbards what is this and crydo saying he wants to start a huge war and he can't even kill rodents in wano let alone a pirate I can't drop the series now just wanna see how it ends but wano could have been much better.

As I see it:

Sabaody part 2 was good, it was especially funny and perfect for a reintroduction arc (short, funny, hype for the future).

Fishman island was meh, one of the worse arcs post times skip (worst after Wano and probably WCI) but still acceptable. Weak intro villain for the post time skip, annoying Jinbe joining / not joining sub plot. Still ok.

Punk hazard was pretty good. Law, Smoker, even Caesar and hus df, the island as a result of the Aokiji vs Akainu fight, dragon df and some hype for Vegapunk.. it could go.

Dressrosa is probably the peak of the post time skip. I didn't especially liked it but hell that G4 moment was good, also Doffy was a great villain (unlike the yonkos later).

Zou was good. Short and good plot/moments. The revelation the minks hided Raizou is one of the best post time skip moments.

WCI was bad, long arc, the Sanji development was done badly (also he gets the raid suit and uses it.. but later destroys it, what?), BM's weeding cake was a nightmare and BM become Big Meme, all the hype and terror she could muster in that shady intro box was reduced to a big walking meme. Also plot power over the roof with half the crew surviving a yonko HQ and beating her YC1 and YC3 plus stealing the road poneglyph...

It was difficult but Wano was even worse. For me this is the arc which killed the manga for good. Now OP is a different manga for me pretty much.

So overall it started good, went down with FI but then the quality improved until Dressrosa and then dived in again until it reached the bottom and started to dig with Wano.