General & Others Ass pulls in Wano

Mink Drugs, zoro not able to stand then fight king and win. because of this drug is a complete asspull, also it changes the narrative,
it was said by chopper that the side effects will double the pain threshhold, then it change to it will double the damage it had after the fight.

Because they said chopper has been very helpful in healing their wounds and tending to the injured
Chopper definitely helped, but why would Zoro mention it if he already knew Chopper had tended to them if it didn't seem like something more interesting than just that?

Chopper definitely helped, but why would Zoro mention it if he already knew Chopper had tended to them if it didn't seem like something more interesting than just that?
Because the minks have superior healing to humans. Jack himself noted that a few chapters later. It all connects back to them being a race of warriors. Throughout WCI and Wano we never heard of this medicine despite carrot, pekoms, Pedro, the dukes, etc. being prominent characters outside of a throw away line that even in hindsight doesn’t hint at any medicine. It’s an asspull because it was seemingly written only for this scene a literal deus ex machina.

I have no issue with the actual medicine, it’s part of the OP world and I accept its existence. The issue is the implementation and lead to it was so ass

Because the minks have superior healing to humans. Jack himself noted that a few chapters later. It all connects back to them being a race of warriors. Throughout WCI and Wano we never heard of this medicine despite carrot, pekoms, Pedro, the dukes, etc. being prominent characters outside of a throw away line that even in hindsight doesn’t hint at any medicine. It’s an asspull because it was seemingly written only for this scene a literal deus ex machina.

I have no issue with the actual medicine, it’s part of the OP world and I accept its existence. The issue is the implementation and lead to it was so ass
Jack didn't really mention anything that negates it, but it's not like it could have really come up elsewhere anyway.

We've seen strength elixirs in Alabasta and FI, and we saw the Ice virus temporarily boost strength and recovery. It's not a stretch that the Minks would have something going into the war.

I think this gets into the idea of what makes an asspull. If you're saying that Oda wrote himself into a corner... well, it's obvious that he went in with the idea of Zoro being severely injured. He could have easily had Marco do some similar treatment as well, but apparently figured that this made sense. Random but not a lack of foresight in storytelling.

Zoros entire character was an asspull this arc

Jfc dont get me started. I could go on for hours about zoros plot armor with a giant L and his ridiculous ass pulls he's recieved since wano started

Literally ridiculous how the fanbase justify this shit too when in reality it's bad writing.
I can't think of anything worse than Zolo getting CoC and AdvCoC in 1 arc
How about going from tiny barely passable as a moutain tier fodder pica level and having almost no fights except for quick clashes and then youre

Alllllllll the wayyyyyyy tooooooooo

Acoc top tier almost moutain range tier attacks because of odens magic haki sword that draws out your latent coc

Lica barely counted as a moutain and should really be classified as an extra large hill

Imagine not being challenged in any form and being shown to be as slow as carrot reaction speed wise and yet somehow you went from that to fighting a fuckin yonko that one shotted your captain at the beginning of the arc and had to have a mini training arc just to develop one set of advanced hakis after just getting advanced coo.

Man's went from getting deep dick penetrated by a nerfed gifters haki less blade to fighting against yonkos with only 1 real last minute fight the entire post ts and 2 other clashes before that.

Jfc the asspulls are ridiculous

Odas really fucking shit in 2021/22

• Luffy learn Ryou in Udon with Queen seeing him training.
• Luffy learn Haoshoku because that him wasn't knows that was possible apply this haki in yours attacks.
• Oden believe in Kaidou for 5 years just because that he would kill Kaidou.
• Kid and Law defeating big mom.

In Wano there is several ass pull

1) Momo turning into adult. Thats bs.
2) Kaido vs scabbards didnt have any impact in the plot at all.
3) Tama turning gifters into her pets. Lazy writing.
4) zoro learning coc and advcoc in a matter of hours.
5) luffy being equal to hybrid kaido even though he was one shotted before. I expected at least a tag team.
6) kinemon surviving kaido's adv. coc attack.
7) chopper being the plot device every time things get rough. (Finding the cure of the infection in mere minutes and healing zoro whose "every bone was broken").
8) x drake who?

1. ACoC has been present since Shanks met Whitebeard, it just got a name and expanded on.
  2. Sanji's vinsmoke genes were a part of his backstory and an integral part of his character. Didn't come out of no where.
  3. Robin knows Kaola quite well, we were introduced to all characters she learned from hundreds of chapters ago, and she can already create gigantic versions of her limbs and make wings out of her arms. So nothing there is more than an extension of her current abilities.
ACoC only happened at Roger vs Whitebeard. Shanks vs Whitebeard are touching swords, Big Mom vs Kaido also touching.

Sanji doesn't have special genes because of his mother plot and how he was weak and had emotions. So yes it was a retcon to his story.

Robin turning into a demon makes no fucking sense.
Post automatically merged:

All Established early on, You just had to connect the dots........

Just read above

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
ACoC only happened at Roger vs Whitebeard. Shanks vs Whitebeard are touching swords, Big Mom vs Kaido also touching.
Sky splitting is ACOC, it’s been present for years now. It’s the furthest thing from an asspull here.

Sanji doesn't have special genes because of his mother plot and how he was weak and had emotions. So yes it was a retcon to his story.
that’s not what a retcon is. What happened to Sanji was character development, where his dormant genes were reawakened by a mcguffin. Was it sudden? Sure. But we already had a plot point via the Sanji flashback about Sanji’s DNA and the raid suit was long established. None of this was an asspull or retcon.
Robin turning into a demon makes no fucking sense
Nothing Robin did is extreme though? She made a bigger body and had an aesthetic change. She’s been creating body parts out of her Devil fruit limbs since Dressrosa minimum and has been growing her limbs to extreme sizes since Sabaody. She also learned from two characters that were established over 200 chapters ago and we know she spent time with.

Kid and Law have awakening now out of nowhere
Did you want Oda to do a training arc for Kidd and Law?
big mom suddenly being able to become bigger with lifespan
big mom suddenly being able to heal her bones
Not an asspull, we were never ever made aware of Big Mom's full capabilities , no one injured her to the point where she needed to heal before.

With that shitty logic, Luffy using gears are ass because he never showed them prior to the reveal

How about a single panel of Law and Kid training their devil fruits before the raid? is that too much to ask?

Or is giving multiple chapters to Tama more important then setting up the defeat of one of the Yonko?
Ultimately it doesn't matter, you're complaining about something that's minor in comparison to shit mink medicine and Luffy unconsciously communicating with folks.

Impel down Luffy got gears, Zoro ashura, we don't even know what the hell ashura is and some how Sanji was able go heat up his legs by spinning....we had no hints of those so it's nothing new nor is it something worth complaining about in my opinion