General & Others Authors who allow the story to take control of them are failures

How to differentiate a good author from a bad one?

A good author is someone who has full control of the story and is able to decide the flow, pacing, story telling and execution as well as able to relay his thoughts through the writing.

A bad author is an author who gets overwhelmed by his own story and can’t control the flow, pacing or even what happens in the story. The characters and plot figuratively gains consciousness and will of their own and start controlling the author instead ruining the writing; thus, the author can yes relay the main messages and themes but a lot of his thoughts and perception fails to reach the reader.

For example Oda can relay the main themes of an arc such as slavery and racial discrimination in FI, loyalty in Wano, Kindness in WCI but is unable to control the length of his own story as well as the pacing and gets overwhelmed by the plot and character which lead him to be unable to even convince the reader with how he perceives certain character dynamics such as Big Mom and Kaido being equal or Law and Kidd being equal and stronger than Zoro

But why can’t he successfully relay his thoughts to the reader? Such as Kidd and Law being stronger than Zoro
He kinda did in chapter 1001 when he had Kaido call all 3 captains monsters.

And had BM say they are close to the emperors seat.

Of course things like damned punk not looking visually impressive makes him seem weak.

Really, Oda should have given Kid acoc and Law FS to show they are at the top.

But why can’t he successfully relay his thoughts to the reader? Such as Kidd and Law being stronger than Zoro
He did do that successfully, did he not?
Kid and Law beat a Yonko.
Zoro beat a First Commander.

Therefore Oda's thoughts were "Kid and Law are stronger than Zoro" and he portrayed it as such by having them beat a Yonko.

Is Zoro still more important than them? Of course, because he is part of the SHs and still has a long awaited duel with Mihawk.

Of course things like damned punk not looking visually impressive makes him seem weak.

Those things were obvious to anyone with a brain.

It's not Oda's fault half his readers are mentally challenged.

B

Ballel

A good author is someone who has full control of the story and is able to decide the flow, pacing, story telling and execution as well as able to relay his thoughts through the writing.

A bad author is an author who gets overwhelmed by his own story and can’t control the flow, pacing or even what happens in the story. The characters and plot figuratively gains consciousness and will of their own and start controlling the author instead ruining the writing; thus, the author can yes relay the main messages and themes but a lot of his thoughts and perception fails to reach the reader.

For example Oda can relay the main themes of an arc such as slavery and racial discrimination in FI, loyalty in Wano, Kindness in WCI but is unable to control the length of his own story as well as the pacing and gets overwhelmed by the plot and character which lead him to be unable to even convince the reader with how he perceives certain character dynamics such as Big Mom and Kaido being equal or Law and Kidd being equal and stronger than Zoro
You don't get it, he's doing all that on purpose. He seems to genuinely think that running and gifters plots are interesting

CoC: Color of Clowns

Rob Lucci for Nakama. Vivi x Lucci Forever

"How to differentiate a good author from a bad one?"
Headcanon. I like Oda a great deal, but I have no problem with people liking other Mangaka.

One Piece isn't better than Naruto, they're both great series, and if you like ninjas/action, it makes sense to like Naruto over One Piece. At the end of the day, it's just semantics, just opinions getting treated like facts.

"with how he perceives certain character dynamics such as Big Mom and Kaido being equal or Law and Kidd being equal and stronger than Zoro"

See, that's literally just your headcanon. I have Kaido high above Big Mom due to durability, his use of his DF, his mastery of Haki, his various combat forms, and his incredible intelligence. I also have Zoro around Kid and Law, they're just horrible matchups for him. After unlocking CoC, Zoro pretty much one-shot King. Neither Law nor Kid have Zoro's raw speed and power, IMO. Law teleports around. Zoro sends giant sword blasts into the air to shoot himself around (needs to learn Geppo from Sanji).

Oda's not a perfect author, obviously: I've had pacing issues with a lot of the series, and it's clear Oda is willing to add in a bunch of fluff/transitionary stuff in order to keep his numerical stuff going with certain things happening on certain chapter numbers.

I understand some of us want a balls-to-the-walls Big Mom vs Law and Kid fight that lasts 10-15 chapters and has a ton of panels. Instead, we got a man who's back is attached to a giraffe's neck, and... Fourtricks, the Rooster. Just because the story doesn't do everything you want it to, doesn't mean it's bad.

unable to even convince the reader with how he perceives certain character dynamics such as Big Mom and Kaido being equal or Law and Kidd being equal and stronger than Zoro
What initially seemed like an interesting and valid criticism lost all it's credibility by ending up as just another power scaling agenda. Oda never cared about power levels and if you stop caring about it too, you will enjoy OP a lot more. It's funny how people like to point this as Wano specific or post TS specific problem, like Luffy beating Crocodile or any other strong pre-TS opponent was totally legit and logical.

Law and Kidd being equal and stronger than Zoro
Rooftop and Big Mom fight says Zoro stronger than both and Law stronger than Kid.
Post automatically merged:

He failed on that. Yes we had alliance lotal to the end but this was always expected. Samurai rather die than betrayal. And pirate wise that was already stablished too by Luffy, Kid and Law.
Not saying alliance should act different but Yonko alliance should.

Big Mom and Perospero could easily betrayal Kaido.
Instead of having Beast Pirates switching sides because they were under friendly fire they should have switched sides because they rhought they would lose.

X Drake is a marine so he was never on Kaido side.
Numbers are on their owners side. Seems like each number is a dog and has a owner inside the crew.
Gifters are switching sides because of Tama DF only.

Even when Kaido was defeated his fodder crew were still up to fight.

How does them being awakened not portray they are at the top???

Headcanon. I like Oda a great deal, but I have no problem with people liking other Mangaka.

One Piece isn't better than Naruto, they're both great series, and if you like ninjas/action, it makes sense to like Naruto over One Piece. At the end of the day, it's just semantics, just opinions getting treated like facts.

"with how he perceives certain character dynamics such as Big Mom and Kaido being equal or Law and Kidd being equal and stronger than Zoro"

See, that's literally just your headcanon. I have Kaido high above Big Mom due to durability, his use of his DF, his mastery of Haki, his various combat forms, and his incredible intelligence. I also have Zoro around Kid and Law, they're just horrible matchups for him. After unlocking CoC, Zoro pretty much one-shot King. Neither Law nor Kid have Zoro's raw speed and power, IMO. Law teleports around. Zoro sends giant sword blasts into the air to shoot himself around (needs to learn Geppo from Sanji).

Oda's not a perfect author, obviously: I've had pacing issues with a lot of the series, and it's clear Oda is willing to add in a bunch of fluff/transitionary stuff in order to keep his numerical stuff going with certain things happening on certain chapter numbers.

I understand some of us want a balls-to-the-walls Big Mom vs Law and Kid fight that lasts 10-15 chapters and has a ton of panels. Instead, we got a man who's back is attached to a giraffe's neck, and... Fourtricks, the Rooster. Just because the story doesn't do everything you want it to, doesn't mean it's bad.
That’s what you think is the case but Oda is trying to portray that Kidd and Law are around Luffy’s level and Zoro is around Sanji’s level but because he lost control over his own story he’s unable to portray it visually

I feel like Oda doesn’t have control

Rooftop and Big Mom fight says Zoro stronger than both and Law stronger than Kid.

He failed on that. Yes we had alliance lotal to the end but this was always expected. Samurai rather die than betrayal. And pirate wise that was already stablished too by Luffy, Kid and Law.
Not saying alliance should act different but Yonko alliance should.

Big Mom and Perospero could easily betrayal Kaido.
Instead of having Beast Pirates switching sides because they were under friendly fire they should have switched sides because they rhought they would lose.

X Drake is a marine so he was never on Kaido side.
Numbers are on their owners side. Seems like each number is a dog and has a owner inside the crew.
Gifters are switching sides because of Tama DF only.

Even when Kaido was defeated his fodder crew were still up to fight.
I agree that according to feats Zoro is even stronger than Big Mom and is Yonko level but is that what Oda was trying to portray?

I think we can all agree Oda spent too much time on fodder and uninteresting plotlines like Orochi and Raizo instead of focusing on the main events. He likes to pack as much plot as he wants into a single chapter and make events go as quick as possible which simply kills the panel time.

I remember Oda or his editor did say that Ofa tries to fit around 3 or so chapter’s worth of content. If he went any slower then OP would take even longer. I think it has to do more with the anime being so close to the manga, if he made it any slower then manga would catch up pretty quickly and it is already slow as hell in pacing.

That’s what you think is the case but Oda is trying to portray that Kidd and Law are around Luffy’s level and Zoro is around Sanji’s level but because he lost control over his own story he’s unable to portray it visually

I feel like Oda doesn’t have control

I agree that according to feats Zoro is even stronger than Big Mom and is Yonko level but is that what Oda was trying to portray?
kid and law are not even close to luffy's level , luffy prob beats them both together

Again that’s your perception because Oda failed to make them look good visually and this is why he is a bad author
oda didnt fail with that my guy , luffy became yonko tier and even got a powerup after that , he then defeated someone stronger than bigmom , law and kid barely defeated a yonko - this is narrative .

luffy is supposed to surpass the yonkos this arc , thats narrative , kid and law aint even close to that individually .