This film was the best experience I've ever had in cinema, despite the script being cliché and not one of the most outlandish scripts of all, it works very well in the proposal of this film, which is Jake Sully's new life as a father and the exploration of a new big part of Pandora. Incredibly, all of Jake's children are charismatic and interesting characters, especially Kiri. The visuals in this movie are out of this world, when I was watching I was wondering the whole movie like a kid how they did it lol. I never thought I'd say this but, I'm really looking forward to the next movies to see what James is cooking! Never doubt on James Cameron( WATCH IN IMAX 3D).
Solid 8/10.
:lumazed:

Just watched it today. Amazing movie, good storytelling and of course that it pavemented the road to the third movie. I left the cinema kinda overwhelmed because I forgot that this is a 3h and 15min movie.

I won't give it an exactly note because I usually take some time to process movies in my mind. But if I had to give it, my rate would be very positive. Beautiful movie in general.

Oh, of course: the visuals!! As a Stars Wars and LOTR fan, I am fascinated by VFX. And as I remember: Never seen a single movie with this level of VFX. I know that wasn't Industrial Light and Magic that worked here, although. Absolutely astounding visuals.

And about the score, well. James Horner wrote the score for the first movie, and he's no longer here... But the score for this one is astonishing too. Taking a sum with this score + the VFX and + the preparation for the 3rd movie, it becomes this overwhelming and amazing experience.

Well, I loved the movie and I recommend you guys go watch it. :cheers::finally:

Worst

Custom title
Watched it yesterday.

Plot was fine, it felt a little different than the first one where there was more back & forth between Humans and Na'vi, so u felt the progression/escalation of both sides, humans always greedy trying to make profit no matter the consequences etc etc....

They said Earth was dying and they had no choice but to come back again and colonize Pandora, but it mostly seemed like a an excuse for a rematch between Colonel Miles and the Na'vis, so i'm hoping they're going to also work more on the humans side if they had to bring them in again....

They seems to have went for a more " parental side " role for Jacke and Neytiri giving more space to their children which was not bad they al had their personalities which was good , i mean we sort of also saw how's the life for the " young Na'vis "

I also wish they had expanded a bit more the lore of the clans of the Metkayina you know more " stories " of legendary warriors & shit.....

And last but not least.....

The visuals were out of this world, it's legit the best u can get! Absolutelly stunning there is also so much creative potential in this ( from the species to the lands ) that it almost felt like wtching a documentary for 3/4 of the movie xD

Overall it was a weird experience to me, it was a good movie but every time i was like " damn it's so good but if they had also done that it would have been so much better "

Btw i wonder if Kiri is Dr. Grace or Eywa itself :O

When they tried to make her a real Na'vi before dying she said " i can see/hear Eywa "
So it could be that " Eywa " couldn't transfer her body directly but somehow managed to "do it another way"
Or as i said maybe being Eywa itself, cuz Grace's avatar was pretty much just a shell once she died, so what if Eywa was like " meh let's see how's life out there "

Kiri also says what Grace said once she died ( that she can hear Eywa calling her ) and it's too damn weird how every creature was floating around her and she didn't even had to learn to stay under water like the others.......

Well i guess we'll see next year :D

If i had to give a vote

10/10 visuals
7-7.5/10 plot

What an awesome movie :steef::steef::finally:

Finally a good movie after the trash that was marvel phase 4 :steef:
Post automatically merged:

I've seen mixed opinions about this movie. The first one was good though so I expect the same for this movie. Hope I watch this someday.
Watch in theatres. You won't be dissapointed. Much better than trash marvel phase 4

She melt my heart :sweat::shocking:

Last edited:
G

Gorosei Informer

What an awesome movie :steef::steef::finally:

Finally a good movie after the trash that was marvel phase 4 :steef:

Watch in theatres. You won't be dissapointed. Much better than trash marvel phase 4

She melt my heart :sweat::shocking:
She looks so gorgeous, as well as the film and that shot in general.

I just watched it.

Visually it's amazing, and the music is awesome but the story is so cliché and stereotyped that it can cringeworthy sometimes, and I have several problems with the characters.

Sorry if anyone's offended. Just what i feel.

the director's technological aspect (CGI) is beautiful. The part about Pandora terrains, its creatures, is absolutely amazing.

Underneath the skin-deep beauty of computer graphics, it's all bland tho. The plot is copy-paste from the first movie. Some human marine dictator smirking villains devoid of character depth / motivation / reasoning wanna get revenge on the MC, joining forces with Tulkun hunting force bent on obtaining Tulkun Brain Liquid. All elements combined into just a poor recycle ofthe first movie.

All relevant characters makes dumb decisions, instantly abandoning their stance in the story due to being swept away by cheesy or cringey retort which make little sense. And they regret each of their decisions anyway at every turn, being sacrificed so that the movie can have its sequels, the next copy-pasted CGI eyecandy show-offs.

The characters regress instead of develop. Jake Sully's childrens having the conversation style of "hey yo wassup dude, lets get it cuz, dont do that bro" inside Pandora Realm is crazy unfitting.

After a long introduction (1 hour? 2 hour?) to Na'Vi's aquatic territory and all its visual feast, as the conflict begins...the movie turns from a dreamy and stunning fantasy documentary, to a boring and even largely irritating shooting action flick, inside of which all characters does nothing but shooting and cheaply provoking the enemies.

Anyway why are the Na'Vi not pretty or appealing or unique by human standards if they are humanoid anyway? Google quick search

Obviously to shoulder such a CGI budget, you should have much more creativity lol.

---

Anyway, James Cameron will get so much more love if only he just made Avatar into an adventure movie in which the main plot is to unravel geographical beauty and wilderness of Pandora. If he wants some conflicts without him being able to formulate intelligent / unique reasoning for that, he can always make the movie climaxes into an aquatic survival story against nature and its creatures.

...Or the struggle of Na'Vi aquatic people to obtain an ancient artifact hidden in the deepest of Pandora ocean, with the Father of all Tulkun as its guardian deity, protecting the artifact to filter the worthy chosen one.

Or other alternatives, just make it into a romance story. A green pretty Na'Vi underestimate Lo'ak and his immigrant culture, just to later be mesmerized by Lo'Ak's ability to befriend a Tulkun in spiritual level.

I think these alternatives will make us connect to Pandora and its beauty on much deeper level, since the world itself will be its core element, instead of being sidelined in the actual version.

Those kinds of movie wouldn't be such a spoiled milk of a movie like this version, that spents its initial 2 hour to show us eyecandy world that has no relation to its Expendables-plot climax.

Regrettably, it's not enough for James Cameron to make a detailed CGI-oriented world that shows off his awesome craft, he also want this movie to be bombastic in conflict and physical war, even tho he can't recognize his own weak points in weaving proper plot or character. Thus for me, this extravagantly-visual movie that ultimately failed to develop its characters and plot and its emotional or cerebral core, is only worth being watched to the point before the guns and the bombs and the bombs and the guns happen.

It made 400 M in a week which Black adam made in 3 months. Shows the difference :myman:
If you are placing the bar this low...

If the quality of a film was proportional to the number of entries or money it made, films such as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly or Shawshank's Redemption or The Godfather would be far above James Cameron's Avatars in the ranking.

If you are placing the bar this low...

If the quality of a film was proportional to the number of entries or money it made, films such as The Good, the Bad and the Ugly or Shawshank's Redemption or The Godfather would be far above James Cameron's Avatars in the ranking.
I am comparing it to recent super hero movies though

I think movies such as this second Avatar SHOULD exist, because on the technical side, they are revolutionnary movies. The more those kind of movies are made, the better the quality we will have.

On the other hand..

I think movies such as this second Avatar SHOULD be criticized. Not only with the form but on deeper levels. Avatar 2 "the way of Water" of reveals deep social and ethical issues. Issues that could be overlooked in the first opus, but can't be now.

Very briefly, There aretwo major problematic point:

1. Avatar 2 has a very problematic relationship to the thematical of family and fatherhood. Rooted in deep masculinist behaviors.
2. Avatar 2 has a very problematic approach on science. With actions and a worldbuilding rooted deep in an esotheric and dangerous approach.

But I'm not the best one to talk well about those subjects. So I might come back later with content explaining those problem (they are not mine and are under construction at the moment we are talking)

I think movies such as this second Avatar SHOULD exist, because on the technical side, they are revolutionnary movies. The more those kind of movies are made, the better the quality we will have.

On the other hand..

I think movies such as this second Avatar SHOULD be criticized. Not only with the form but on deeper levels. Avatar 2 "the way of Water" of reveals deep social and ethical issues. Issues that could be overlooked in the first opus, but can't be now.

Very briefly, There aretwo major problematic point:

1. Avatar 2 has a very problematic relationship to the thematical of family and fatherhood. Rooted in deep masculinist behaviors.
2. Avatar 2 has a very problematic approach on science. With actions and a worldbuilding rooted deep in an esotheric and dangerous approach.

But I'm not the best one to talk well about those subjects. So I might come back later with content explaining those problem (they are not mine and are under construction at the moment we are talking)
? Wait masculinist? The villain was buldozed and stomped by the MC's wife tho? Wasnt it feminist instead?

? Wait masculinist? The villain was buldozed and stomped by the MC's wife tho? Wasnt it feminist instead?
It has some feminist ideas yes. But only on the surface. In reality, the film is rooted in a masculinistic view of fatherhood.

For example how Jake views his relationship with his family.

Not forgetting the fact that he treats his family like a regiment.

There is also that, which is pretty concerning:

https://gizmodo.com/avatar-the-way-...Marketing&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_content=io9

It has some feminist ideas yes. But only on the surface. In reality, the film is rooted in a masculinistic view of fatherhood.

For example how Jake views his relationship with his family.

Not forgetting the fact that he treats his family like a regiment.

There is also that, which is pretty concerning:

https://gizmodo.com/avatar-the-way-...Marketing&utm_campaign=dlvrit&utm_content=io9
You always make controversial things lol. Enjoy the movie for what it is or hate and thats all. First carrot and now avatar