A little detour to the left space wouldn't be harmfull to you, you could learn one or two things there
Post automatically merged:

This is a fallacious way to look at relationship. If your father rejects you because you are gay in a white evangilical and bigot family, yes of course, in his point of view, he is doing this for the sake of the family name. It doesn't mean that this is fair.

Justifying a bad behavior for the reason that it is done for the sake "of someone" or "something" is just fallacious and toxic logic.

I wouldn't mind if that story was talking about a white conservative family. But here we are talking about a man whose eyes were opened to an entirely new people with new and more progressive ways that he had.

The characterization of Jake and his relationship to his family is therefore not only toxic, it's also narratively incoherent with what the end of the first movie represents.

But everything lies in the details, so I can understand why you didn't felt that way when you watch the movie. And that's also why having that kind of debate is important, because those kind of depicted values are often so insidious and non volontary that it is easy to miss them.. problem is, wether you miss them or not, you will learn from them.

That why I now always have a video of the Pop Culture detectective in my signature. That kind of analysis is VERY important if we want to avoid creating people like Andrew Tate unintentionnaly.

Go check one of his video. You will first feel annoyed by them.. but you will step by step understand the point.

My breaking point was this video:

I loved that serie because it was like a little cocoon for me.. so when I first saw this, I was like "no, men.. what you are saying is bullshit".. then I watched most of his video, because I senced that there was actually something that was threatening me in some way in them and I wanted to understand what was so repulsive (and also because I always have in mind that I can evolve on a subject). This long process (with other content) made me realize that I had a strange relationship with masculinity, I had a lot of preconsception and fallacious ideas of what being a men should be.. so I started to change.. Then I came back to this exact video.. and it click, I had completely change my point of view on the subject. TBT was cool, but it has indeed a lot of issues concenring its relationship to masculinity, just like Avatar 2.

But the only reason I didn't see that the first time was simple: I came with the Idea that there was no problem.

So by actually questionning the possibility that there was and coming back to the video, I allowed myself to see those problem.

That's what I propose you guys to do either here or on the left space in the general chat section.

Don't be so sure about Avatar 2. Right now, the majority of the population is under a bias we call "the halo effect" because it's almost the perfection esthetically, it should also be quite good in other domain. The fact is: It's not. Far from it. And the relationship to fatherhood is not the only problem.

https://www.looper.com/1143825/avat...n-uncomfortable-message-for-the-age-of-covid/
I am not gonna read all that bro :seriously: