Powers & Abilities BB yc are underwhelming

Burgess has been a pirate for as long as the strawhats.
His feats were better than Sanjis in dressrosa.
Whether he is the strongest after Shiryu or not does not matter right now.
He is constantly getting stronger.

Are EoS match up scalings that relevant tbh? Oda will just make anyone struggle against anyone as long as it makes sense in that situation, this assuming some other yonko crew doesn't job to show how strong they are which I think will happen tbh considering what Marco and Gorosei said.

I find the current Beast pirates power gabs with the stawhats much more interesting considering Oda is restricted by time and what was already shown (FS, Ryuma, RS, Franky's weapon, etc...). Look how fast Coby and Law progressed in two years, a side character becoming a lot stronger much quicker isn't unheard of.

Last edited:
I

Inspector_Mu

Pre-TS Shiryu = Magellan, Neither of them were ever portrayed as superior. However unlike Shiryuu.. Magellan has a deadly hax.
You don't even know how Magellan lost off-screen, so no clue why you're bringing that up..

What kind of a lame ass argument is "They trust his strength!!"? Did you need the vivre card to make it obvious to you? The fact that he's 1 of the 10 titanic captains, should make it obvious that they trust his strength, otherwise he wouldn't be the 1 of the 10 titanic captains. And the possible reason he was given that statement was to show he has some credibility in the BB pirates and isn't a clown like he was portrayed to be pre-TS, not to mention he's the only BB pirates who has had fights so far post-TS on panel.

Burgess vs Lafitte:

Lafitte bounty before joining: 42 mil
Burgess bounty before joining: 20 mil

Lafitte's role pre-TS: infiltrating the Mariejois, opening the gates of justice
Burgess's role pre-TS: being a cheerleader and a clown

Lafitte's role in the BB pirates: Chief of Staff (making him #2 to Blackbeard)
Burgess's role in the BB pirates: Just 1 of the 10 titanic captains?

You want to compare Burgess to Shiryuu, the guy doesn't even have portrayal over Lafitte. Like I said, idk where this Burgess wanking is coming from, cause there's def. nothing worth wanking in the manga when it comes to Burgess.
Hax or not Shiryu is below Magellan
And was never equal to Yami Teach.
Post automatically merged:

Are you sure that slash wasn't meant for fodder, and they wanted to fuck with him?
"Slash meant for fodder"
That's his best feat on Panels!
If I remember correctly.

Mr Sneak attack + Help

i don't like Shiryu and don't think he'll be anything more than a CoO booster for Zoro but that was just a casual slash from him to Moria

maybe if you replace Shiryu with Mihawk , Moria would've been on the floor though
( even if Mihawk was casual as Shiryu was ) , still Mihawk is the WSS itself , way above Shiryu

Bogard

You can't win
> The revolutionaries were highlighted to have clashed with 2 admirals in the news

> And Ivankov was portrayed as top3(Dragon excluded) in Doffy's speech

> Yet he was portrayed below a Magellan and outright low diffed by him despite aiming to stall, using his ultimate techniques when Magellan did not even using his own(which has hype to destroy entire impel down)

> Yami Teach himself almost died due to underestimating Magellan

> Same Magellan portrayed as Shiryu's equal, with their dual force able to keep impel down stocking the worse prisoners in check(except Shiki's escape)

> Yami Teach also felt a terrible threat the moment he saw Shiryu wondering if he is Magellan with him glad to have him in his crew and Shiryu himself thinking about disbanning if Teach failed to gain the gura fruit

> With Shiryu gaining a devil fruit he found to be very nice

I think Shiryu was already YC1, potentially low top tier now with the fruit addition

------------------------------------------

As for Burgess, i always viewed Burgess' performance against Sabo as underrated especially when he had no devil fruit

> Sabo was concerned about Burgess even before fighting him
> They could clash with each other using named attacks

> Sabo struggled to overcome Burgess in a clash where both used haki+named attacks, with Sabo admitting it won't be easy

After that, they clashed again for a while off-panel with no one gaining the advantage until Sabo decided to break the coloseum ground to use it as a distraction to steal the fruit

> Even after gaining the mera power-up(with intangibility, greater movement speed, attack power and range), he once again said he can't help Luffy because of Burgess

> Burgess also had great enough endurance to tank his mera powered attacks after dodging Burgess' attack with his new ability(intangibility) and keep going

> Even with the power-ups, their battle lasted longer than the 10min break Luffy had post-G4+final fight against Doffy, with environment fucked up from their battle

At the very least, this portray Burgess as a mid-high level battle for pre-mera Sabo, which is impressive considering he was portrayed as irrelevant in the Ace vs Teach battle preskip.

With Sabo himself able to clash with Fujitora for extended periods of time, and with the potential to match if not beat admirals one day

And Burgess didn't gain his devil fruit yet

So overall i think they'd be fine. I agree tho that post-skip, they aren't much hype, but i believe it's because Oda is reserving them for EOS

I

Inspector_Mu

> The revolutionaries were highlighted to have clashed with 2 admirals in the news

> And Ivankov was portrayed as top3(Dragon excluded) in Doffy's speech

> Yet he was portrayed below a Magellan and outright low diffed by him despite aiming to stall, using his ultimate techniques when Magellan did not even using his own(which has hype to destroy entire impel down)

]
https://i.imgur.com/rnJIza7.png[/SPOILER]

> Yami Teach himself almost died due to underestimating Magellan
[SPOILER][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/3zMoufy.png

> Same Magellan portrayed as Shiryu's equal, with their dual force able to keep impel down stocking the worse prisoners in check(except Shiki's escape)

> Yami Teach also felt a terrible threat the moment he saw Shiryu wondering if he is Magellan with him glad to have him in his crew and Shiryu himself thinking about disbanning if Teach failed to gain the gura fruit

> With Shiryu gaining a devil fruit he found to be very nice

I think Shiryu was already YC1, potentially low top tier now with the fruit addition

------------------------------------------

As for Burgess, i always viewed Burgess' performance against Sabo as underrated especially when he had no devil fruit

> Sabo was concerned about Burgess even before fighting him
> They could clash with each other using named attacks

> Sabo struggled to overcome Burgess in a clash where both used haki+named attacks, with Sabo admitting it won't be easy

After that, they clashed again for a while off-panel with no one gaining the advantage until Sabo decided to break the coloseum ground to use it as a distraction to steal the fruit

> Even after gaining the mera power-up(with intangibility, greater movement speed, attack power and range), he once again said he can't help Luffy because of Burgess

> Burgess also had great enough endurance to tank his mera powered attacks after dodging Burgess' attack with his new ability(intangibility) and keep going

> Even with the power-ups, their battle lasted longer than the 10min break Luffy had post-G4+final fight against Doffy, with environment fucked up from their battle

At the very least, this portray Burgess as a mid-high level battle for pre-mera Sabo, which is impressive considering he was portrayed as irrelevant in the Ace vs Teach battle preskip.

With Sabo himself able to clash with Fujitora for extended periods of time, and with the potential to match if not beat admirals one day

And Burgess didn't gain his devil fruit yet

So overall i think they'd be fine. I agree tho that post-skip, they aren't much hype, but i believe it's because Oda is reserving them for EOS
What EoS
People talking EoS as if Teach will make it past Yonko Saga
Post automatically merged:

i don't like Shiryu and don't think he'll be anything more than a CoO booster for Zoro but that was just a casual slash from him to Moria

maybe if you replace Shiryu with Mihawk , Moria would've been on the floor though
( even if Mihawk was casual as Shiryu was ) , still Mihawk is the WSS itself , way above Shiryu
Mihawk (no hold back) slash cant even oneshot Daz that blocked
Until he used another slash

Please Mihawk isnt no different

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
I smell exploding ending for BB or some curse shit. I think BB will become too strong that he will not even realize when to stop.

I don't like burgess. And yes, he is weak. But he has not a devil fruit. Bb searches for strong devil fruits for himself and his crew. As we have seen with shiryuu. They want to get stronger. And will. So not only burgess but everyone else will be strong enough at the right time.