Versus Battle Best Manga Main Character/Protagonist?

Who is the best?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
They don't make em like those 2 anymore. 2 of a kind for sure.
That's pure faxxx. Both DN and CG were among the earlier anime/manga I watched and read, and after watching and reading dozens and dozens of others I've yet to see someone surpass them, well at least for me. Not just as MCs, that's probably impossible tbh, looking at most main characters in most manga and anime, but as characters in general, and as part of my preference. The only character I am always comfortable with saying is on the same level as them is Johan. Dude's a menace. Imo the best villain in manga. And certainly a top top top tier character.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
โ€Ž
That's pure faxxx. Both DN and CG were among the earlier anime/manga I watched and read, and after watching and reading dozens and dozens of others I've yet to see someone surpass them, well at least for me. Not just as MCs, that's probably impossible tbh, looking at most main characters in most manga and anime, but as characters in general, and as part of my preference. The only character I am always comfortable with saying is on the same level as them is Johan. Dude's a menace. Imo the best villain in manga. And certainly a top top top tier character.
It was a different time. No one's even dared to tackle Main characters like that since then, they both came out back to back too (both Anime came out in 2006). Anime fans were spoiled back then, we didn't know we were witnessing once in a lifetime stories with once in a lifetime leads, and we got them at the exact same time. Almost every DN fan followed up with CG or vice versa to satiate their hunger for more of the same, still can't find anything like it to this day.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
It was a different time. No one's even dared to tackle Main characters like that since then, they both came out back to back too (both Anime came out in 2006). Anime fans were spoiled back then, we didn't know we were witnessing once in a lifetime stories with once in a lifetime leads, and we got them at the exact same time.
Yeah that's absolutely true my man. I wish I were able to delete them from my memory and just rewatch them again and again. As you said it was a different time back then, I was actually able to enjoy both of them without any spoilers and heading into the story not knowing how great it will be, and a once in a lifetime experience like you pointed out.

Almost every DN fan followed up with CG or vice versa to satiate their hunger for more of the same, still can't find anything like it to this day.
So true lmao:milaugh:. As soon as I finished the last episode of DN, I googled anime similar to DN and CG was at the top lol. I tried a few others that were said to be similar-ish, but none are as good as the aforementioned two.

Hxh before TG and watch it dont read it.
Don't have the time to watch stuff now lol. TG is shorter than HxH from what I saw so it goes first. I'll probably watch the HxH anime and the AoT anime in the future when I have more time though.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
โ€Ž
Yeah that's absolutely true my man. I wish I were able to delete them from my memory and just rewatch them again and again. As you said it was a different time back then, I was actually able to enjoy both of them without any spoilers and heading into the story not knowing how great it will be, and a once in a lifetime experience like you pointed out.

So true lmao:milaugh:. As soon as I finished the last episode of DN, I googled anime similar to DN and CG was at the top lol. I tried a few others that were said to be similar-ish, but none are as good as the aforementioned two.

Don't have the time to watch stuff now lol. TG is shorter than HxH from what I saw so it goes first. I'll probably watch the HxH anime and the AoT anime in the future when I got more time though.
Lmfao I think this is how it went for 90% of people who watched both.
>Finished Death Note, hearts still racing from the ending.
>Googled for similar anime found CG in yahoo answers.
>Finished CG, heart racing from goated ending
> Go to youtube to discuss DN vs CG, Light vs Lelouch ๐Ÿ˜‚

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Lmfao I think this is how it went for 90% of people who watched both.
>Finished Death Note, hearts still racing from the ending.
>Googled for similar anime found CG in yahoo answers.
>Finished CG, heart racing from goated ending
> Go to youtube to discuss DN vs CG, Light vs Lelouch ๐Ÿ˜‚
LMAO brah. It's spot on.

I think Light vs Lulu is active to this day lmao.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Came here after finishing AoT. I've added Eren to my list of fave MCs. His ranking would have been higher for me, as well as AoT's, if not for the final chapter. Still a pretty good manga with amazing moments, but it could have been one of the greats imo. Eren is still great but the final chapter sorta knocked him down a peg for me.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Thorfinn is definitely working up his way on my list as well. He's been amazing and the development he received was stunning.

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Mommy Fubuki!
โ€Ž
Top 5:
1. Guts
2. Lelouch
3. Light
4. Gintoki
5. Thorfinn

Honorable mentions: Alucard, Edward, Luffy, Eren, Gon, Jotaro, Itadori, Allen, Spike, etc.

Decent MCs: Naruto, Denji, Saitama, Kaneki, etc.

Trash: Ichigo, Goku, Kazuya, and that's probably about it.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
He is one of the MCs and MC of yorknew arc
Gon is the MC, like Luffy and so on. Kurapika is one of the main characters and main cast, like Zoro, Sanji and so on imo. He gets more shine yeah, but Gon is the protagonist. No doubt Kurapika would be high on the list as well tho cuz he's great.