General & Others Best One Piece time skip arc (poll)

What is the best post time skip arc in One Piece?

• Total voters
Wano

I dont know why some of you guys like Zou so much, its fine but its basically just setup and exposition. Theres absolutely nothing about Zou that makes me go "wow, that was great"
Huh? "Zou is basically just setup and exposition"? So is Wano! From chapter 909-1000 it was just set up. Do you even know what set up means? Post time skip One Piece is pretty much 80% set up.

In Zou we got red poneglyphs reveal, Wano wrote poneglyphs reveal, Zunesha, great characterization of the minks, Jack, Sanji WCI set up, and more in less than 25 chapters.
Post automatically merged:

Pre-TS arcs really weren't that short. If you consider Water 7 and Enies Lobby to be a single arc, then it's longer than any post-TS arc other than Wano
Stop it! Water 7 and Ennies Lobby are NOT a single arc, they are different arcs that are part of a saga. If you want to play that game then Wano, Zou, Dressrosa, Punk Hazard are all the same arc which demolishes the length of any pretime skip arcs/saga.

Stop it! Water 7 and Ennies Lobby are NOT a single arc, they are different arcs that are part of a saga. If you want to play that game then Wano, Zou, Dressrosa, Punk Hazard are all the same arc which demolishes the length of any pretime skip arcs/saga.
Here's the thing, after an arc there's a sense of resolution. Whatever conflict the Strawhats were dealing with on that island is resolved and they sail off for the next one. That's not what happens with Water 7 though. Enies Lobby starts immediately after Water 7 and it continues with the same conflict that was set up in Water 7.
Wano, Zou, Dressrosa, and Punk Hazard all had the Strawhats deal with different conflicts and therefore they can be considered different arcs. The ONLY thing that sets Enies Lobby and Water 7 apart is that they take place on different islands, and imo that's not enough to consider them different arcs. That'd be like if you considered Onigashima to be a different arc than Wano.

Here's the thing, after an arc there's a sense of resolution. Whatever conflict the Strawhats were dealing with on that island is resolved and they sail off for the next one. That's not what happens with Water 7 though. .
That doesn't happen in Zou and Punk Hazard as well. Water 7 had nothing to do with fighting CP9 agents. The straw hats came into Water 7 to repair their ships not rescue Robin and fight CP9 agents. Water 7 was set up for Ennies just like how Punk Hazard, Zou and Dressrosa were set up for Wano.

Enies Lobby starts immediately after Water 7 and it continues with the same conflict that was set up in Water 7.
Wano, Zou, Dressrosa, and Punk Hazard all had the Strawhats deal with different conflicts and therefore they can be considered different arcs. The ONLY thing that sets Enies Lobby and Water 7 apart is that they take place on different islands, and imo that's not enough to consider them different arcs. That'd be like if you considered Onigashima to be a different arc than Wano
Zou starts immediately after Dressrosa and Dressrosa starts immediately after Punk Hazard so I don't understand your point? Same logic can be applied.

Also, Water 7 and Ennies Lobby are different arcs not because they take place in different islands is because they both have different settings, different themes, different story lines, etc. The only aspect that carries over are the characters. The characters don't change.

That doesn't happen in Zou and Punk Hazard as well. Water 7 had nothing to do with fighting CP9 agents. The straw hats came into Water 7 to repair their ships not rescue Robin and fight CP9 agents. Water 7 was set up for Ennies just like how Punk Hazard, Zou and Dressrosa were set up for Wano.
The main conflict in Zou was figuring out the mystery of what happened there and taking care of Jack. Both those things are resolved. The main conflict in Punk Hazard was defeating Caesar and saving the kids.
The main conflict in Water 7 was
- Usopp and Luffy having a falling out due to the Merry
- The attempted murder of Iceberg
- Robin seemingly leaving the crew
None of these plotlines get resolved in Water 7.

Zou starts immediately after Dressrosa and Dressrosa starts immediately after Punk Hazard so I don't understand your point? Same logic can be applied.
Zou starts roughly a week after Dressrosa iirc, and Dressrosa starts a few days after Punk Hazard. Enies Lobby starts a few HOURS after Water 7. Again, that'd be like if you considered Onigashima and Wano different arcs

Also, Water 7 and Ennies Lobby are different arcs not because they take place in different islands is because they both have different settings, different themes, different story lines, etc. The only aspect that carries over are the characters. The characters don't change.
The main theme of Water 7 and Enies Lobby is that every friend is irreplaceable. They do not have different themes.

The arc ended with them being back on Water 7 no? Not Ennies Loby

If Water 7 and Enies Lobby are different arcs then Wano and Onigashima are different arcs.
Wano and Onigashima have the SAME story line, theme, characters, everything. Water 7 and Ennies Lobby had DIFFERENT story lines, different themes, etc. Only thing that carried over are the characters. Like come on, you can't be this thick skulled?
Post automatically merged:

No because unlike Water 7 and Enies Lobby they dealt with seperate conflicts
My guy, I am using YOUR Definitions. You guys are providing the definitions and then you guys keep changing them after I give you guys counter examples. Can you guys stop changing your definitions? First the definition was "sense of resolution and starts immediately after" then you guys added "the arc ended with them being back on Water 7 no" then you guys added "Zou starts roughly a week after Dressrosa".

Like come on, that is not how to debate. Give me ONE definition that is not going to change that makes an arc a single arc instead of separate arcs.

Last edited:
Wano and Onigashima have the SAME story line, theme, characters, everything. Water 7 and Ennies Lobby had DIFFERENT story lines, different themes, etc. Only thing that carried over are the characters. Like come on, you can't be this thick skulled?
Water 7 and Enies Lobby had the SAME storylines, themes, etc.

My guy, I am using YOUR Definitions. You guys are providing the definitions and then you guys keep changing them after I give you guys counter examples. Can you guys stop changing your definitions? First the definition was "sense of resolution and starts immediately after" then you guys added "the arc ended with them being back on Water 7 no" then you guys added "Zou starts roughly a week after Dressrosa".
I literally said why I thought your counter examples were wrong and you didn't address my arguments

Like come on, that is not how to debate. Give me ONE definition that is not going to change that makes an arc a single arc instead of separate arcs.
An arc is a story arc:
An arc is considered its own arc if whatever conflict that takes place is resolved.
And this is how it looks like with the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc:

I am done, obviously you don't know what a definition is. A picture is not a definition. Also "I literally said why I thought your counter examples were wrong" yes by ADDING to your definition. That is cheating! You can't change your definitions.
An arc is a story arc. That is literally what it fucking means.
I did not change my definitions. From the start I've been saying that they are the same arc because there is no sense of resolution in Water 7.

And no Water 7 and Ennies Lobby do NOT have the same story line and themes. Water 7 story line was to fix their ship! Ennies Lobby story line was to defeat CP9 and rescue Robin. Wano storyline was to take down Kaido and free Wano. Onigishma story line was to take down Kaido and free Wano. I am done.
Water 7 STARTED with the crew wanting to fix their ship and it turned into something else. That was not the main source of conflict. That was not the main theme. That'd be like saying that the main conflict in Sabaody was the crew wanting to get their ship coated because that's what they arrived on the island to do.
Water 7 and Enies Lobby do not have different storylines and themes. Stop it

Wano

I dont know why some of you guys like Zou so much, its fine but its basically just setup and exposition. Theres absolutely nothing about Zou that makes me go "wow, that was great"
Because in terms of storywriting Zou Iis miles (!) ahead of Wano.

Way less issues in many important facets like pacing, PIS moments, keeping focus etc.

I am done, obviously you don't know what a definition is. A picture is not a definition. Also "I literally said why I thought your counter examples were wrong" yes by ADDING to your definition. That is cheating! You can't change your definitions.

And no Water 7 and Ennies Lobby do NOT have the same story line and themes. Water 7 story line was to fix their ship! Ennies Lobby story line was to defeat CP9 and rescue Robin. Wano storyline was to take down Kaido and free Wano. Onigishma story line was to take down Kaido and free Wano. I am done.
What arc did they get their ship fixed in, smart guy. Every conflict that started in Water 7 was finished either in Enies Lobby or directly after they got back from Enies Lobby. This is because they are the same arc.

Might as well say that Rainbase is a separate fucking arc from Alaburna.

Zou would technically be the best, it's pretty much without major flaws in pacing or writing but i don't really count it due to it not really having much a "traditional" structure and being really short, it's basically setup.

As far as the more lenghty arcs with established antagonists and a conflict to be resolved, i think Dressrosa has been the best executed one despite it's flaws.
A lot of the crew got to shine, fights even against the more irrelevant Donquixote Family members still felt satisfying and the overall emotional payoff was really good thanks to just how tragic the Riku family and Law's bascktories were and how good of a villain Doflamingo was.

There's still meh characters like Rebecca and pacing issues, but as a whole it's been the arc i've enjoyed the most post timeskip.