Best SAD OST Tournament FINALS

WHO WINS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hahahaha I can imagine! I would be agonising to not give the game away so to speak in your situation! I had a gut feeling someone would submit somehow but I wasn't sure why? Psychic powers I guess? Lmao.

The ice skating scene is so profoundly beautiful especially with Chiyukis tragic storyline and her on-going relationship with Decarim, that clash of values and trying to understand one another and such. It's such a well written series and I still can't believe it's an anime original, that was made after a one shot OVA/episode or w/e of it was shown at an animation festival or something and it did so well?! It was so successful/popular they turned it into an entire series that is so full of heart, tragedy, pain, conflict, drama and such and so darkly endearing,. tragically beautiful and emotionally challenging to watch too!

I keep hearing rumours of a Season 2 happening for years and I really hope it does! It deserves a successor so much, I would even accept a manga for it happily!
Yay another Death Parade fan! What I really love about it is the exploration of human nature. Stripped of our memories, who are we? What is the essence of a person, and can a person truly be objectively judged? Decim's growth unfolds so subtly, with just a glance here and there to let the viewer know that he might be reconsidering things.

I was blown away when we met the other arbiters and saw that there was a whole hierarchy of them. There's a lot more that could be explored there, for sure! But I wouldn't be terribly sad if it never got another season. I mean, I still have a lot of questions, but I think the way it ends is really beautiful and was wrapped up well. :catcry:

G

Gorosei Informer

Yay another Death Parade fan! What I really love about it is the exploration of human nature. Stripped of our memories, who are we? What is the essence of a person, and can a person truly be objectively judged? Decim's growth unfolds so subtly, with just a glance here and there to let the viewer know that he might be reconsidering things.

I was blown away when we met the other arbiters and saw that there was a whole hierarchy of them. There's a lot more that could be explored there, for sure! But I wouldn't be terribly sad if it never got another season. I mean, I still have a lot of questions, but I think the way it ends is really beautiful and was wrapped up well. :catcry:
Absolutely! That exact concept fascinates me tbh, I like these psychological anime/manga and other shows/movies like that too.

Aye, thats what I really enjoyed, thats a case of show don't tell done right, when its subtle but you can still see a difference, a change or growth ofc. His demeanous was so stoic/aloof but you still feel the cogs turning for him, that he was trying to understand/process Chiyukis emotions and empathy.

Right!? I really like Nona shes so great but I also adored Ginti, I had a love hate thing with him, especially after his episode but I really enjoyed it in hindsight and seeing another arbiter in action, their perspective and methods really made things even better for me. Quin and Castra seemed pretty cool to and Oculus freaked the fuck out of me lol.

Tbh, you might like the game The Sexy Brutale, its kinda similar in vibe to Death Parade? Zelda: Majoras Mask too definitely, it has a similar gameplay style/mechanics and thus narrative style to that too!

There is insane lore/worldbuilding potential for Death Parade as you said, it blew my mind too! That cameo from Light from Death Note really surprised me too! Such a fitting crossover for sure!

Yeah I wouldn't mind if it didn't get another season either, it was such a complete, satisfying experience and that can be risked being "ruined" if they make more episodes or a manga continuation, especially if it brings back Decarim and co as I imagine it would ofc and thus depending on long the story gets and how complicated/convoluted too. Its a short and sweet series and maybe should stay that away, especially ending on such a high note, that is also somehow bittersweet too.

I did feel like I had some burning questions after watching it too but I can live without geting them answered, sometimes its better in life for us to not receive answers and thus resolutions somehow, some mysteries should stay mysteries or so? Its one of the only series like Pushing Daisies where I feel like it was ended magnificently too and thus truly satisfyingly too.
You might enjoy that series too, its very light hearted in tone but also has a lot of charm, whimsy, personality, sweetness, amazing musical numbers by the AMAZING Kristin Chenoweth and some surprising tragedy and such too? It might be a bit sickly sweet/too cheesy though lol.
As well as a rom com/musical comedy, its also a murder mystery/detective series and helps people who have been murdered get resolution for their murders and such.

Absolutely! That exact concept fascinates me tbh, I like these psychological anime/manga and other shows/movies like that too.

Aye, thats what I really enjoyed, thats a case of show don't tell done right, when its subtle but you can still see a difference, a change or growth ofc. His demeanous was so stoic/aloof but you still feel the cogs turning for him, that he was trying to understand/process Chiyukis emotions and empathy.

Right!? I really like Nona shes so great but I also adored Ginti, I had a love hate thing with him, especially after his episode but I really enjoyed it in hindsight and seeing another arbiter in action, their perspective and methods really made things even better for me. Quin and Castra seemed pretty cool to and Oculus freaked the fuck out of me lol.

Tbh, you might like the game The Sexy Brutale, its kinda similar in vibe to Death Parade? Zelda: Majoras Mask too definitely, it has a similar gameplay style/mechanics and thus narrative style to that too!

There is insane lore/worldbuilding potential for Death Parade as you said, it blew my mind too! That cameo from Light from Death Note really surprised me too! Such a fitting crossover for sure!

Yeah I wouldn't mind if it didn't get another season either, it was such a complete, satisfying experience and that can be risked being "ruined" if they make more episodes or a manga continuation, especially if it brings back Decarim and co as I imagine it would ofc and thus depending on long the story gets and how complicated/convoluted too. Its a short and sweet series and maybe should stay that away, especially ending on such a high note, that is also somehow bittersweet too.

I did feel like I had some burning questions after watching it too but I can live without geting them answered, sometimes its better in life for us to not receive answers and thus resolutions somehow, some mysteries should stay mysteries or so? Its one of the only series like Pushing Daisies where I feel like it was ended magnificently too and thus truly satisfyingly too.
You might enjoy that series too, its very light hearted in tone but also has a lot of charm, whimsy, personality, sweetness, amazing musical numbers by the AMAZING Kristin Chenoweth and some surprising tragedy and such too? It might be a bit sickly sweet/too cheesy though lol.
As well as a rom com/musical comedy, its also a murder mystery/detective series and helps people who have been murdered get resolution for their murders and such.

I'll have to check out that game! I've watched some Pushing Daisies before, but I never finished it. Guess I should add it to the queue!

G

Gorosei Informer

I'll have to check out that game! I've watched some Pushing Daisies before, but I never finished it. Guess I should add it to the queue!
Ah nice, fantastic! I would recommend finishing it if you ever feel motivated and have the time to ofc! Despite the writers strike that happened then, they managed to end the series on such a positive, sweet note and I'm so grateful for it tbh.

Sexy Brutale is defintely great, I love these experimental, thought provoking, creative, stylized etc games! It gave me a bit of a Death Parade vibe and you might find it quite an interesting, thoughtful experience too if you play it too hopefully?
For anyone with arachnophobia though, theres a giant spider in the game as a major part of it and its also a very morbid game in general, a lot of death and morbid situations so I feel like I should put out a warning to be safe lol.