Powers & Abilities Big Mom can be overpowered if Oda let her be....

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
β€Ž
Again not my point as she can't get thrown on land and most of the examples are of ships

And I agree she is clumsy but it has nothing to do with thread topic ;
I guess what I'm saying is, sure her df has more potential, you're right. But out of any character in the verse, her inability to maximize that makes the most sense.

Oda is actually being a better writer by not making her utilize her df in smarter ways. She is written to be the limiting factor of her own fruit. She's an overgrown child, Oda is fully dedicated to making her a meme. The least he can do is be consistent with it now.

I guess what I'm saying is, sure her df has more potential, you're right. But out of any character in the verse, her inability to maximize that makes the most sense.

Oda is actually being a better writer by not making her utilize her df in smarter ways. She is written to be the limiting factor of her own fruit. She's an overgrown child, Oda is fully dedicated to making her a meme. The least he can do is be consistent with it now.
Yeah and that is the purpose of this thread that BM doesn't uses her DF to its fullest/best of capability suitable to her

Bruh what I am saying is rather than BM using 3-4 homies she can simply create a single more powerful homie ; not that BM homies the entire earth or anything lol:kaidowhat::kaidowhat:
how do you know limit of hormies by big mom? Did you talk to oda. Big mom is character writhen this way like purple admiral with gravity power. add 10x gravity training to marine soilder , now you have island buster or above marine soilders with million of them. See I add it up.

Last edited:
if big mom used all her homies she probably soloing anyone in the verse. the fact that she hasn't is just bad writing on Oda's part.

I mean cool Zoro learned to cut fire but Zues is probably billions of volts waiting to pass through his skull and if he can survive that Big mom is a least half the power capable to spilt the heavens. Law and kidd being alive next time we see them is a terrible joke.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
Imo Big Mom is not using her Devil Fruit to its fullest extent and if she can it is truly terrifying ;

--First BM needs to take Napoleon part of the soul as she is wasting her soul power , rather she can carry a powerful normal sword in combat

--At the very least she can create 4 homies --Napoleon , zeus , prometheus and hera. Lets say 5 is her max limit and it can be more than that

--Rather than creating 3-4 diff homies she can only create 1 single powerful homie of lightning ; now this homie is 5 times more powerful than hera/zeus i.e. can generate 5 times the power they can

Now multiple this attack by 5 --

--At the very least it will immobilize top tiers like WB/Roger for 2-3 seconds ; then immediately use ikoku and repeat the same pattern

What do you guys think?

@Olimaat @Jaguark101 @Kejon @Hanzo hattori @Tejas @playa4321 @Steven @Sentinel @Erkan12 @Red Admiral @Zoro D Goat @AdmiralKinyagi @Rosella.Fiamingo etc etc
Her Devil Fruit is ridiculously overpowered. She can always make Homies to help her in battle and depending on the circumstances, might be able to counter people with the right homies.

And her physical strength + Durability is in the top 3 of the verse.

Not to mention one of the few characters with Adv. CoC.

Her only dilemma is how Oda wrote her off as a gag character.

BM losing her memories in the sea is the most blatant example of CIS. Because she had Prometheus on that ship and he didnt do shit. On rooftop piece Prometheus somehow is able to save BM falling off an island miles above the sea even after getting stalled. The actual fuck :quest:

That O-lin acid trip was the biggest disgrace there ever was to any top tier in OP. But at least we got see how wide the gap was between a YC2 and a hakiless DFless Linlin, before that people thought the likes of Jozu could actually give her a decent fight :kobeha:

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
if big mom used all her homies she probably soloing anyone in the verse. the fact that she hasn't is just bad writing on Oda's part.

I mean cool Zoro learned to cut fire but Zues is probably billions of volts waiting to pass through his skull and if he can survive that Big mom is a least half the power capable to spilt the heavens. Law and kidd being alive next time we see them is a terrible joke.
Aren't those homies pretty much almost useless against the Big dogs? They never felt that dangerous after all. πŸ€” though perhaps Oda isn't yet done with them.

Big Mom suffers from a multitude of personality disorders and one of them is fear of abandoment/loneliness. She is infantile in her mindset, never truly grew up and has severe trust issues- i.e she is that lonely kid who made imaginary friends. Her soul aches for acceptance and love to the point she split it to always have friends she can trust- herself.

Thing is BM is kinda Dumb and stupid and her hunger pangs/personality switch are a massive nerf!I think she is the weakest Top Tier!
Nonsense. She doesnt personality switch in 1v1 + hunger pangs are very rare. Its only during hunger pangs that she becomes nerfed after some hours. In regular state she can stay days w/o eating as any Top Tier ( Kaido vs her lasted 3 days ). Weakest top tier would be like Fujitora then Mihawk probably

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
β€Ž
how can they not feel dangerous? I mean it's the pure expression of heat and electricity. he basically has enel, ace and vista fighting with her at all times.
The issue is they don't look particularly potent from what we observed so far in battle. πŸ€” besides I quite doubt they stand as dangerous as Enel unless he isn't as powerful as we think after all. There's no substantial reason to think they can be particularly harmful for now, they are definitely a weapon Big Mom uses but I expect more from her.

The issue is they don't look particularly potent from what we observed so far in battle. πŸ€” besides I quite doubt they stand as dangerous as Enel unless he isn't as powerful as we think after all. There's no substantial reason to think they can be particularly harmful for now, they are definitely a weapon Big Mom uses but I expect more from her.
That comes from the childlike fighting ideas that Oda had. He can create really emotional arcs but he doesnt make really good fight scenes. I mean occasionally he did at one point but at this point its basically shounen magic.

I mean big mom and Kaidou basically proved they were equals in this very arc, speed strenght haki etc yet Kaidou can oneshot characters and she cant. Ot all revolves around the plot. Though acrually looking at the scenarios big mom could likely 2 or 3 shot anybody whos not a yonkou or yonkou canidate on this island.