Character Discussion Big Mom

And here's my final thread about one of the Four Emperors or Yonkos, and this one is of course about the strongest woman in One Piece world, the Queen of Totto Land, captain and mother of the Big Mom Pirates and Charlotte Family and the Giants' worst nightmare, Charlotte Linlin aka Big Mom.

What do you think of Big Mom as a character ? Do you find her personality and history interesting ? What are yours opinions and ideas about her powers whenever they come from her devil fruit the Soru Soru no mi, or her titanic physical abilities ? What do you think about her relationships with her family, the giants, other pirates, the marines and the Supernovas ?

What do you think will happen with her, her family or the giants ?

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
What do you think will happen with her, her family or the giants ?
You know my take on Big Mom and I hope u don't blame me for it. It's just piss poor.

and when it comes to Elbaf. God please no. There is nothing but Linlin destroying some village and Giant fodder.

I can't stand the idea of another arc with her.

I hope Blackbeard attacks Toto Land and she gets to know this and leaves the roof or something.

When she's not being clowned, she can be a pretty good villain. Threatening at times and her backstory fit her well and was pretty horrifying. I like her, wouldn't mind seeing her as the villain of Elbalf and Luffy facing her 1v1 but if she must fall this arc, I hope Oda goes all out with her. He's been treating her pretty well since she got on the roof.

Then you have not tried fiction.
- female antagonist in a fucking shonen where women are used mostly for fan service

- a woman lives in an island made of literally cake... a wonderland

- complex villain as they can get. Claims peace but is nothing more then a lying hypocrite that practice racism on her own flesh and blood

- made her empire from her by giving birth to her children... getting rid of her husbands to the trash

- a mother literally but does not have a single trait of a real mother... killing children ?whats the big deal ?

- a mafia boss bitch...having best intel network. Blackmailing and even her intel completely lived to its hype when she found out about Nico robin

- most evil villain arguably in one piece and absolutely one of the best in fiction if not the best... I mean can you get more fucking evil then sending loved ones heads in a gift box because you didn’t attend a fucking tea party ?

- because of big mom we have arguably the most fresh and exotic then arc in entire fiction called whole cake island..big mom pirates family dynamics... etc

- wedding, family, mother, siblings , fairy tails , food and sweet and cake...rainbow, wonderland... tea party... peace... different races living together ...ALL EVIL... do NOT FALL for linlin’s TRAP... all that COVERS the MOST MALICIOUS villain

- child mentality YET plotting and deception is her thing

- it was when we learned about big mom that the new world hype paid off and yonko hype too, I am talking about first part of WCI. Tension and unpredictability was at its peak

- natural born destroyer

- tragic backstory, very refreshing

I could go for ever.

It is good Oda made a female yonko so finally give some importance to womans as well (as strong woman we have her, Hancock way below and then there is nothing bar Smoothie and BB's Catarina Devon). Yet, even if her powers and story are pretty interesting I find her character cliche, she is like some kind of female Kaido: a ruthless warmonger. Also how Oda willingly made her time and time again a walking meme was notngood to see. When Luffy steps in the HQ of a yonko with half the crew he can go very stealth (lol) or he has to take a beating yet BM become the biggest hindrance of her side and suddenly the yonkos seemed to switch from deadly threats to memes (everybody remembers the "wedding cakeee" screams in WCI).

It is good Oda made a female yonko so finally give some importance to womans as well (as strong woman we have her, Hancock way below and then there is nothing bar Smoothie and BB's Catarina Devon). Yet, even if her powers and story are pretty interesting I find her character cliche, she is like some kind of female Kaido: a ruthless warmonger. Also how Oda willingly made her time and time again a walking meme was notngood to see. When Luffy steps in the HQ of a yonko with half the crew he can go very stealth (lol) or he has to take a beating yet BM become the biggest hindrance of her side and suddenly the yonkos seemed to switch from deadly threats to memes (everybody remembers the "wedding cakeee" screams in WCI).
Which sadly and honnestly says something about Oda's writing, if he doesn't know how to justify Luffy and the others escaping her territory or avoiding a serious confrontation by her by using particulary ridiculous gags and other stupid excuses such as the waterfall storyline which is one of the worst things about Wano.

Which sadly and honnestly says something about Oda's writing, if he doesn't know how to justify Luffy and the others escaping her territory or avoiding a serious confrontation by her by using particulary ridiculous gags and other stupid excuses such as the waterfall storyline which is one of the worst things about Wano.
I actually liked the waterfall. It’s hilarious and I don’t see how it humiliated big mom pirates

When she's not being clowned, she can be a pretty good villain. Threatening at times and her backstory fit her well and was pretty horrifying. I like her, wouldn't mind seeing her as the villain of Elbalf and Luffy facing her 1v1 but if she must fall this arc, I hope Oda goes all out with her. He's been treating her pretty well since she got on the roof.
Oh I am pretty sure that this arc isn't the one when her story will end, not with the immense majority of her crew being absent, including most of the most important of her children (Katakuri, Pudding, Brûlée, Cracker, Snack, Oven) and other subordinates (Streusen, Tamago) and her not having any onscreen interaction with the giants outside of the flashbacks.
There is also her ties with the CP0 that could be explored deeper in this arc or during Elbaf one.

I actually liked the waterfall. It’s hilarious and I don’t see how it humiliated big mom pirates
I didn't find this funny at all, and it's a stupid plot point since Prometheus was conveniently absent when King attacked the Queen Mama Chanter and that even without the carps and their mother the Big Mom Pirates should have crossed the waterfall a long time ago with Perospero's candy or Daifuku's Genie or Mont d'Or's books or Smoothie throwing the ship while in her enlarged form.