Powers & Abilities Black blades are more then haki?

I'm referring to the Mihawk that was famous during Roger's time. It wouldn't make sense for him to be top tier or WSS at the time.
I've seen that we have differences in interpretation. His fame is for the strongest swordsman, to me it's clear that's what the vivre card refers to with "making his own name", like Roger who made his name by finding One Piece, despite being a pirate for years.

With this divergence, I don't see any reason to continue the discussion, it will never come to anything, anyway, here's the reference.

大海賊時代以前より頭角を現し、今や名実共に「世界一」の座に君臨し続ける、稀代の大剣豪。
He made a name for himself before the Great Pirate Age Now he continues to reign from his place as the Best in the World both in name and reality He's an extremely rare ( amazing ) swordmaster.
Have a good day.

-Mihawk runs away from Shanks
-Shanks was fodder when he fought Mihawk and now he's a god
-Shanks has some crazy new power that for some reason he wouldn't use in a swordfight (that Mihawk doesn't have), therefore he would stomp Mihawk in an actual fight
-Shanks isn't a "true" swordsman like Mihawk because he doesn't dedicate his life to the "way of the blade"
-Mihawk is a fraud

Am I missing any arguments?
Zoro haters be like
:suresure:

We know that at the time Mihawk was 19 years old and Luffy at 19 years old reached a similar level. We don't know when the duels started because the date is not given, but we do know that it was after that and it's not unreasonable to assume that Shanks at that age had the same capabilities as Luffy and Mihawk.
Characters like Roger, Shanks, Whitebeard, Mihawk etc... etc.... Don't have protagonist plot power progression on their side. Whitebeard didn't reach his prime until he was almost 40. That's around the same age Shanks and Mihawk are now.

I think just its base got ability to hit weak df user.
At ordinary person this sword maybe like smokers weapon.
But who knows lets see in august, i hope zoro got shisuui back or make his own black sword.

How do you know he "clearly" wasn't a top tier at that point? And how do you know Mihawk hasn't gotten stronger as well?

Mihawk thinks it's no longer worth it to duke it out with Shanks. Y'all have somehow twisted things into:
-Mihawk runs away from Shanks
-Shanks was fodder when he fought Mihawk and now he's a god
-Shanks has some crazy new power that for some reason he wouldn't use in a swordfight (that Mihawk doesn't have), therefore he would stomp Mihawk in an actual fight
-Shanks isn't a "true" swordsman like Mihawk because he doesn't dedicate his life to the "way of the blade"
-Mihawk is a fraud

Am I missing any arguments?
shanks is 1 cm taller and a hakiman ofc

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Because Shanks and Roger are more CoC focused than CoA focused. Maybe not Oden but Oden simply wasn’t as strong as people think he is lol. Only top tiers can achieve the black blade.

No, Mihawk was talking about Zoro cladding his blades in CoA because any sword can become a black blade. These are Mihawk’s literal words. You keep trying to divert from Mihawk’s direct words, curious. Lol
Mihawk never says coa he says haki.
And again zoro has 0 black blades and he's drinking yet mihawk says no drink until he masters it showing its 2 separate points
Post automatically merged:

Especially since Mihawk is not after titles

CoC is not the ultimate technique, it might be against durability junkies. ACoC as we refer to it is a mix of both CoA & CoC, CoC just allows you to bypass barriers. Note who thick Roger's haki slash against Oden was, very different from what Kaido/Zoro do.

Ever wondered how Roger can keep up with Wb when the latter is stronger and has a devil fruit that levels the world? CoC
He keeps up because they've never actually had a serious fight.
Post automatically merged:

CoC is not the ultimate technique, it might be against durability junkies. ACoC as we refer to it is a mix of both CoA & CoC, CoC just allows you to bypass barriers. Note how thick Roger's haki slash against Oden was, very different from what Kaido/Zoro do.

Ever wondered how Roger can keep up with Wb when the latter is stronger and has a devil fruit that levels the world? CoC
Again zoro literally has gone up a swordsmanship rank by virtue of using acoc