Versus Battle Blackbeard vs Aizen, which 1 is better villain?

Which is better villain?

• Total voters
^ title. This is not about who is stronger btw.

Blackbeard's feats:
1. Orchestrated Ace and Whitebeard's death, both who were once his superiors.
2. Gained 2 overpowered DFs, Yami Yami and Gura Gura using his cunning plan.
3. Slowly climbed his rank, started from the bottom (Whitebeard's subordinate) and currently at the same rank Whitebeard previously had before his death, and he won't stop there.
4. Scarred Shanks which is the main character's childhood hero figure when he was still DFless.
5. Defeated Ace who was Luffy's stronger older brother and the man whom Whitebeard tried to make the Pirate King.
6. Defeated Marco and remnants of Whitebeard Pirates in one sided fight and taking Whitebeard's territories one by one.
7. He made his move to Dragon's HQ, and Dragon who was also greatly hyped since East Blue saga, and the main character's father, chose to retreat before Blackbeard Pirates reached the area.

Blackbeard's weakness is he is too reckless, and that his crewmates don't trust each other.

Aizen's feats:
1. Portrayed as genius mastermind at the end of Soul Society arc, tricked everyone present in Soul Society.
2. Took over Hueco Mondo from Barragan.
3. Stomped hard all the Vizards and some other Gotei 13 captains alone.
4. "Just as planned"
5. Always preparing things in advance. One example was when he prepared Wonderweiss just to seal Yamamoto's power.
Cmiiw and add his feats, it has been years since last time I read Bleach.

His weakness is once he got the Hogyoku, suddenly he became very reckless and not evading attacks anymore, believed he was some kind of immortal. He became stronger but lost his "untouchable genius" aura around him post Hogyoku.

Blackbeard is the type that grows along with the MC. Started as someone not that powerful, but keeps becoming bigger threat as the story goes on, like Naraku. He is not portrayed as someone untouchable, Whitebeard almost killed him, his crew almost got wiped out in Impel Down, and he was injured against Ace.
Aizen was already very strong and heaven and earth compared to Ichigo when he first met Aizen, but his power didn't grow that much anymore. He kept being portrayed as Untouchable Genius Godlike until Hogyoku.

Discuss this
@TheAncientCenturion @Haoshoku @Jiihad @Owl Ki @RayanOO @Sentinel @Shuyaku @zzShinichi @Light D Lamperouge @Natalija @Jaguark101 @Hiragaro @ZenZu @Blackbeard @playa4321 @Erkan12 etc.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
About the same for me.

Aizen has one really good arc. The deception behind it and surprise is great. But itโ€™s worth noting heโ€™s a tertiary figure throughout most of the arc. As the primary antagonist, Aizen is a very smarmy and lethargic villain who has the perfect weapon to counter 90% of the protagonists in the series. That is not interesting in the slightest to me. He has a basic haughty personality and is all powerful but does absolutely nothing but chide others.

Whenever I reread Bleach, I find myself absolutely brain dead and bored by his fight. None of the usual themes Kubo sprinkles about his characters are overt here which is a big problem.

I will say, when Aizen later returns as an anti hero, heโ€™s much better. His personality is a little more snarky and level and he plays that role perfectly.

As for Teach? Donโ€™t like him either. Iโ€™m fine with him being weak and growing, but Teach has such a pathetic personality that Ihave a hard time rooting for him or enjoying his presence. He always chokes on defeat right when triumph is seemingly his. Being dominated by Whitebeard at Marineford hurt his stock too.

He has a bit more going in the ways of scheming, since Oda builds up Teachโ€™s machinations over hundreds of chapters and we see the end result of it culminate at Marineford. Which is about his only redeeming action in the series, being the instigator of the war. Beyond that I find him to be a very underwhelming villain.

So if I had to pick, itโ€™s Teach. Aizen falls into a much more infuriating role and serves as the major antagonist for Bleach from chapters 187 thru to 425. Teach hasnโ€™t had the stresses of carrying a single arc yet alone half a series, but I imagine heโ€™d be more entertaining than Aizen.

Aizen is a horribly written villain. He is a bland, moustache twirling, generic, edgy megalomaniac that wants to be a deity because.......... Yeah, Kubo never did actually explain in the manga why this character wanted to do anything.

The reader barely gets to know anything about Aizen or why he holds the opinions he has. What little we do know, is flat out contradictory.

I) Aizen drones on forever about how bullshit friendship is and how nobody should trust anybody. Same bloke flat out tells Gin how to deactivate his bullshit hax power despite supposedly knowing that Gin wants to kill him.

II) Aizen spends the entirety of the manga trying to acquire the Hogyoku (important Plot McGuffin of Bleach). After his defeat, it is implied that he willingly parted from it for.... Some reason. Lel.

III) He hates people. Ichigo says he is lonely..... :usoprice:

Kubo's last second attempts to humanise a boring character aside, Aizen ain't even superficially enjoyable. His bullshit hax power causes his fights to be either boring curb stomps or complete bullshit because he simply forgets to use his bullshit power against the one curb stomping him (i.e. Ichigo). He also manages to somehow know everything and anything that is going on even though he damn well shouldn't.

All this is made worse by the fact that you have to spend about 2/3 of this manga with this monument to tediousness. :mihugh:

Blackbeard wins by virtue of the fact that he ain't anywhere near as bad as Aizen. Who knows though, Oda could drop the ball with old Blackkie just like he did the other two Yonko antagonists. :goatasure:

Jaguark101

"Dreams are Messages from the Deep"
โ€Žโ€Ž
Aizen Imo is the better villain but I am extremely bias considering he is my favourite character from the series ๐Ÿ˜…. Whenever he is on screen he has a strong presence and his charisma is great, him taking out the entire Gotei 13 by himself remains one of the most iconic scenes in Bleach and obviously what follows is the one of the most iconic and meme'd lines in anime/manga.
:steef::finally::catblush:
Him fusing with the Hogyoku was a great reveal. The Deicide stuff is a mixed bag for a lot of people but I quite enjoyed the various design changes he went through and while the final fight against Dangai Ichigo was short and rushed, it did deliver some incredibly hype moments and imagery. His return in the final arc was a welcome addition as he seemed like his old trolly self again rather than the arrogant/mad Deicide version.
His fight against Yhwach was something I never thought we would get and while it was incredibly short, it gave us another iconic moment with the mad lad. I truly hope the anime extends this fight!
Teach is a character I like and his contribution and impact on the story in most cases have been greater than Aizen's impact on the plot but I need to see more of him. I am eagerly waiting for his arc cause I know Oda loves him and will give him some great stuff to do and I am confident by the time his arc ends I will probably have him above Aizen, Teach has the potential to be one of the best villains to come out of Shonen jump.

Blackbeard's feats:
BB didn't orchestrate anything related to Ace and Whitebeard. He orchestrated Impel Down assault, and the death of 4th division commander Thatch, because Thatch found the darkness logia, he says he ''had to'' kill Thatch (probably because Thatch already ate the DF power, so he stole it from his corpse) and he knew what he did was wrong but he still did it.

BB believes in fate. And believes that people who afraid of death are losers.

BB's plan was simple and reckless, after stealing the darkness logia by staying in WB's ship, he wanted to be a Shichibukai so he could use his Shichibukai title to invade Impel Down. He also send Lafitte as his underling, (a former sheriff that famous enough to be known by Tsuru), who is skilled enough to sneak into marineford Shichibukai meeting without being detected, so BB could show his strength via his skilled underling to the Fleet Admiral, but he also knew this won't be enough, so he needed to capture an at least 100 million bounty pirate, who was going to be Luffy.

Then Ace doesn't listen WB, and he goes after BB, BB didn't even want to capture Ace. First he asked Ace to join his crew, Ace refused, then he beat Ace up, BB asked again to join his crew and Ace still refused to join him. Then BB had no other choice but to replace Ace with Luffy, so this is why Ace ended up in Impel Down.

Then, when Luffy said he is going to save Ace, BB had no problem with it. Because BB didn't orchestrate Ace's or WB's death, he even said it's not impossible so Luffy could save Ace. Then when he freed Impel Down Level 6 prisoners by choosing the strongest of them, then appeared in marineford, without knowing the conclusion of the battle. If Whitebeard won, he was going to try his chance another day or perhaps, he was going to try his chance with another DF power. BB said he admired Whitebeard, but he has grown so old that he couldn't save Ace. So according to BB, if WB wasn't weakened due to being old, he could potentially win the war and save Ace. Based on this, BB could never think that WB was definitely going to lose the war. It was possible, and he acted on this possibility.

As for the fight with Whitebeard, Whitebeard attacked Blackbeard first, not Blackbeard attacked him. So what happened there was improvisation due to Whitebeard losing the war and attacking Blackbeard later, which actually helped Blackbeard to steal his DF. There is no way Blackbeard knew Whitebeard was definitely going to lose the battle, he even said it's possible that even Luffy could save Ace and didn't care about it, never try to stop Luffy or WB from saving Ace.

3. Slowly climbed his rank, started from the bottom (Whitebeard's subordinate) and currently at the same rank Whitebeard previously had before his death, and he won't stop there.
Not slowly at all. His plan was finding the darkness logia then act as a pirate captain shortly after, it was related to finding the darkness logia, if he found it early he would act earlier as a pirate captain. He become an Emperor faster than anyone in the series after his first bounty, even faster than the main character of the series Luffy.

Shanks become an Emperor 6 years before, who knows when did he earn his first bounty, he could be a pirate with bounty for at least 15-10 years minimum.

We don't know how long for Big mom and Kaido to become an Emperor after their first bounty.

Blackbeard become an Emperor in only 1 year after his first bounty. That must be a record for the series. Luffy become the fifth Yonko (and probably will become a real one after Wano arc) only after 2 years training with Silvers Rayleigh.

Not having a bounty was probably Blackbeard's plan, due to being a D. he probably thought the government could target him early, still it didn't matter and he still become an Emperor in 1 year.

Blackbeard's feats:
2. Gained 2 overpowered DFs, Yami Yami and Gura Gura using his cunning plan.
4. Scarred Shanks which is the main character's childhood hero figure when he was still DFless.
5. Defeated Ace who was Luffy's stronger older brother and the man whom Whitebeard tried to make the Pirate King.
6. Defeated Marco and remnants of Whitebeard Pirates in one sided fight and taking Whitebeard's territories one by one.
7. He made his move to Dragon's HQ, and Dragon who was also greatly hyped since East Blue saga, and the main character's father, chose to retreat before Blackbeard Pirates reached the area.
2. Become the first person who can use 2 DF powers at the same time in the history of One Piece,

4. Yup, Shanks hyped BB's strength, says that it wasn't because Shanks was careless.

5. Defeated a fresh Ace with only moderate effort, he wasn't wounded or received scars from Ace while defeating him, like Shanks received a scar from BB, or Kaido received from Oden, or Akainu receieved from Aokiji. Defeating Ace with simply being superior was impressive, it wasn't a close fight. We know nearly dying and heavily wounded Ace in marineford was able to stop Aokiji's attack and clash fists with fresh Akainu and still not lose despite having magma > fire special disadvantage and still move faster than Akainu to save Luffy in that heavily wounded condition. We don't know how many bones BB break in Ace's body after he finished with him, and Ace didn't receive any medical treatment during Impel Down, in that condition, Ace was able to fight Admirals.

6. True, also as Jinbe said, he conquered WB's territories incredibly fast.

7. We don't know if they fought or not, if they choose to retreat then it means nothing, because it would mean a strategical retreat, however if BB pirates fought Revolutionaries and beat them, and if only then Revos escaped, then it's a good hype.

8. He fought Fleet Admiral Sengoku and wounded him even before when he was a Yonko, he also challenged other Admirals before that, then challenged Garp while fighting Fleet Admiral,

9. Invaded Impel Down and defeated Magellan when he didn't have Gura.

10. Admiral Aokiji (Akainu's equal) became his underling.

11. Imu, the superior of Gorousei, was cutting BB's wanted poster alongside with the main character Luffy's wanted poster, Imu certainly believes that Blackbeard is a threat on the same level as the main character Luffy and the ancient weapon Poseidon.

He always chokes on defeat right when triumph is seemingly his. Being dominated by Whitebeard at Marineford hurt his stock too.
BB wasn't dominated by anyone, BB won that fight. Just because Oda being emotional and giving flashy panels to his favorite characters shortly before they die or they lose, doesn't change the narrative of his story. Trashbeard's trash ass can die while not standing he can even die while flying, it still doesn't change the result that BB killed his Trashbeard ass by shooting him with his pistol and stole his DF power to ''dominate'' Fleet Admiral and the marines, as well as Trashbeard's pirate crew (Marco, Jozu, Vista etc.) later.

BB didn't orchestrate anything related to Ace and Whitebeard. He orchestrated Impel Down assault, and the death of 4th division commander Thatch, because Thatch found the darkness logia, he says he ''had to'' kill Thatch (probably because Thatch already ate the DF power, so he stole it from his corpse) and he knew what he did was wrong but he still did it.

BB believes in fate. And believes that people who afraid of death are losers.

BB's plan was simple and reckless, after stealing the darkness logia by staying in WB's ship, he wanted to be a Shichibukai so he could use his Shichibukai title to invade Impel Down. He also send Lafitte as his underling, (a former sheriff that famous enough to be known by Tsuru), who is skilled enough to sneak into marineford Shichibukai meeting without being detected, so BB could show his strength via his skilled underling to the Fleet Admiral, but he also knew this won't be enough, so he needed to capture an at least 100 million bounty pirate, who was going to be Luffy.

Then Ace doesn't listen WB, and he goes after BB, BB didn't even want to capture Ace. First he asked Ace to join his crew, Ace refused, then he beat Ace up, BB asked again to join his crew and Ace still refused to join him. Then BB had no other choice but to replace Ace with Luffy, so this is why Ace ended up in Impel Down.
This is imp..........BB didn't plan the whole mf war......he wanted to recruit ace........he simply wanted to capture someone with high bounty so he can become warlord.......

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
BB wasn't dominated by anyone, BB won that fight. Just because Oda being emotional and giving flashy panels to his favorite characters shortly before they die or they lose, doesn't change the narrative of his story. Trashbeard's trash ass can die while not standing he can even die while flying, it still doesn't change the result that BB killed his Trashbeard ass by shooting him with his pistol and stole his DF power to ''dominate'' Fleet Admiral and the marines, as well as Trashbeard's pirate crew (Marco, Jozu, Vista etc.) later.
Whitebeard had countless injuries.
A hole in his chest.
A stab wound in his chest.
A heart attack.
A debilitating illness.
Countless lesser wounds.
Half a head.
And no DF.

And teach needed to cry out for his crew. Utterly pathetic.

Whitebeard had countless injuries.
A hole in his chest.
A stab wound in his chest.
A heart attack.
A debilitating illness.
Countless lesser wounds.
Half a head.
And no DF.

And teach needed to cry out for his crew. Utterly pathetic.
It's not BB's problem. ''Pathetic'' is dying and losing his DF power to a person who he wanted to kill, and couldn't even wound BB seriously, or give a scar after the battle. Trashbeard's trash attacks weren't even strong enough to stop Blackbeard, Blackbeard wasn't even covered in bandages like Sengoku, or Fujitora after the battle. Blackbeard simply ordered the execution of Trashbeard, since when ordering an execution is crying...

And no DF? Trashbeard despite using Quake DF power to attack Blackbeard, he still failed to create even a long lasting damages to Blackbeard's head. Trashbeard is pathetic.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
It's not BB's problem. ''Pathetic'' is dying and losing his DF power to a person who he wanted to kill, and couldn't even wound BB seriously, or give a scar after the battle. Trashbeard's trash attacks weren't even strong enough to stop Blackbeard, Blackbeard wasn't even covered in bandages like Sengoku, or Fujitora after the battle. Blackbeard simply ordered the execution of Trashbeard, since when ordering an execution is crying...

And no DF? Trashbeard despite using Quake DF power to attack Blackbeard, he still failed to create even a long lasting damages to Blackbeard's head. Trashbeard is pathetic.

This is just sad tbh. Begging the man to stop his attack only moments after you insult/brag over your victory. There's absolutely no self respect with Teach. He's a spineless weasel. And if you like that character, good for you. It's not an insult over Teach but my observation of his actions in the manga. He is pathetic and showed his true colors here.