Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2/5

• 3/5

• 4/5

• Total voters
The episode picks up from the last one since it was supposed to be a 1 hour broadcast so the transition from episode to episode feels nice and smooth.

Ichigo goes back to Oetsu, but instead of having to fight the Asauchi, they all bow down to him as he walks to the one waiting for him. Even Oetsu himself is surprised by this since he didn't expect that either. The moment Ichigo understood himself, he instantly found the right one for him. It's a great moment of self-understanding which is something really important in real life as well. I didn't even really care that much until it came up in my classes and now I understand how important it can be which makes me appreciate this small moment even more than I would have.

Everyone is training right now for the 2nd attack. Toshiro going back to the basics to train his Zanjutsu, Kensei teaching Shuhei how to attain bankai (which is really strong if you read CFYOW), Soifon and Komamura as well since those two definitely need to work on themselves being the weakest of all the captains.

Komamura trying to learn his clan's secret techniques shows how desperate he is. When we get to the 2nd cour, you will understand how important this technique is and the cost for it.

Ichigo forging his "new" Zangetsu aka his true zangetsu. Nimaya's bodyguards are interesting as well, but I honestly don't remember Tsumiko's part in the manga since it's been so long, but it's kinda disturbing that she breaks off her tooth to make the hammer.

As the forging goes on, we see that Ichigo is unique as usual. His Zanpakutou turned white due to his hollow, the same White that attacked his mother and later on fused with him becoming his Shinigami and Hollow powers. Now Ichigo realizes that the old man he saw was never his zanpakutou the entire time, but his Quincy powers as Oetsu confirms this.

Zangetsu is actually Yhwach from 1000 years ago, but with more drip. They even have the same voice actor for both the spirit and the Father of Quincy himself.

I'm so glad they brought up this detail. People keep saying it's bullshit how Ichigo has this Quincy power or whatever, but everytime we see Ichigo train with his Zanpakutou, the hollow was always there. When he was in danger, when he needed to learn how to use his shinigami and hollow powers, it wasn't Yhwach we saw, but Zangetsu the hollow instead. He always said that he was Zangetsu but both Ichigo and a lot of the readers/viewers kinda brushed him off until we got this reveal.

I think Ichigo's powers are well explained, even if it might seem bullshit or asspull. It's always been shown throughout the series and all someone needs to do is look back at it and the pieces start to fit together.

Yhwach (spirit) suppressed Ichigo and did what he could to prevent him from being a shinigami. All he wanted to do is make sure Ichigo is protected, so he wouldn't get hurt and wouldn't have to be killed by him (Real Yhwach). As Ichigo kept going, he started to change and ended up supporting him instead.

The ending for the episode was amazing. Uryu confirmed to have joined the Sternritters, that last moment with old man Zangetsu/Yhwach, Ichigo forging his real zanpakutou, evaporating the sea, and pulling out his dual zanpakutou form was a great way to end off this episode and the first cour.

@PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @Fami Zogratis @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @RayanOO @Mr. Reloaded @ShadyOjiro @MonsterKaido @Garp the Fist @Fuckthis3 @Reborn @SmokedOut @IceWitch @ZenZu @Warchief Sanji D Goat @SaitoH @Shisui @SkySanji @Mr.9000 @Don't Mind Me @MonochromeYoru @NikaInParis @Surgeon of death @Kerkovian @wordy @Udell @Bob74h @Playa4321 @ChefboiiFuego @TAC @Boris D. Foot @Nidai_Kitetsu @MarineHQ @OniKagura @Shanal @Owari Da

Last edited:
i/m currently in the episode 9 and Ichigo already got his both Zanpakuto in 13..?? wasn't the flash back kinda long where his dad tells him the story about his mother..
The flashback was like 2 episodes, they cut out a lot of things, especially the comedy which is good since they want to keep the tone serious.

The next cour is going to have a lot of anime original context and much better animation