Episode Discussion Bleach Episode 5 : Wrath as a lightning

What do you rate the episode

• Total voters
This episode was really good, probably the best one so far. As Nodt completely decimated Byakuya and the end of their fight is one of the controversial parts of this arc.

Renji got bodied by Rey Mysterio and sent flying across the map :milaugh:

That backstory with Chojiro and Yama was nice, it gave us some backstory on their relationship, but I hope they make a spin off prequel during that timeline. They can expand so much lore wise and we might see the Original Gotei 13.

Kenpachi is an absolute menace lmao. He bodied the Jerome instantly and ripped out Berniece's throat which was brutal af. I'm so glad they didn't censor anything in that department, just as bloody as ever and the animation was so clean.

Can't wait for the next episode for Yhwach vs Yama.

@PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @Light D Lamperouge @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @RayanOO @Mr. Reloaded @ShadyOjiro @MonsterKaido @Garp the Fist @Fuckthis3 @Reborn @SmokedOut @IceWitch @ZenZu @Warchief Sanji D Goat @SaitoH @Shisui @SkySanji @Mr.9000 @Don't Mind Me @MonochromeYoru @NikaInParis @Surgeon of death @Kerkovian @wordy @Udell @Bob74h

Damn, As Nodt's voice is so perfect and creepy! Reminds me of Ogata from Golden Kamuy-- soft yet gravelly and ominous. catded
Byakuya's reactions to him were great and watching him unravel is kind of scary when you think about how he's been able to compartmentalize his feelings for all these years. His death was really well done musically and visually, but ofc he wasn't as injured as he was in the manga. Still, it was fitting, and I remember thinking that he had really died when I read it the first time.

Kenpachi! :hurry: My love! He's back and he's calling people trash! Oh- oppppp there he goes. Get well soon, you big dummy.

Driscoll sounds great and the animation of Sasakibe's bankai was awesome! It makes it seem a lot more powerful in the anime with the way the lightning flows, whereas in the manga I always just kind of thought of it as a lightning jellyfish or something.

Young Yama was great, and it feels like they're trying to make up for the lack of info we had about Sasakibe when he died, which is very Bleach... You never get the backstory until they die, lol.

I will never tire of watching Yama's eyebrows wave in the wind during battle. Angry Yama is so fucking cool! His flames were really well done, and I like how you could see it burning things instead of just showing a white light.

I thought Ichigo's freakout in the jail should've been a little more frantic.

Overall, this is probably my favorite episode so far. The quality has been through the roof! We've finally got all the pieces moving and lining up for the greatest battle SS has seen. I can't wait for Yama to meet Ywhach next week:finally:

YOOOOOOOOOO

Head captain had me lit son. I loved the flash back. The tension of this arc is amazing. Even though I know what's coming I still get frustrated. They are doing a wonderful job with this anime. Nodt's voice is perfect. The voice actors did not come to play they going all out.

Also #FreeMyBoyIchigo that lame ass jail ability :kriwhat:

A French kiss to this episode, see yall next week.