• 2/5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4/5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
β€Žβ€Žβ€Ž
On NF and here I see a lot of 5/5 and top scores for the other episodes. I felt like that was off cause the other episodes were just alright. This one though? Absolutely killed it, amazing episode that could not be better.

The framing of the fight between Loyd Royd and Yamamoto was stellar. The casual exchange from present to past as they battled alongside Uryu's discovery of the Quincy-Shinigami conflicts really, really fucking sells Yamamoto as a menace and the villain in this scene. The lightning was perfect in both situations but I cannot get enough of the blue reishi burning in the past.

The sparing usage of music was great. Letting us hear the crackling fires instead of bombarding us with music made the scene so much tenser. I didn't like the CGI animation for the skeletons but that's whateverβ€”that sequence was paired perfectly with Yamamoto standing atop corpses of fallen Quincy 1000 years ago.

Aizen and Yhwach getting a scene together was cool, alongside both clearly knowing each other and Yhwach having ways of killing the immortal Aizen.

5/5, I do not think they'll top this until we get to Isshin's flashback.

I'm late as usual, but I just watched it twice :noo:

Whoa! Mind blowing episode! Old Man Yama is godlike and glorious. Too bad he got bamboozled.

Yhwach/Roid was more agile and like, springy (?) than I had imagined him. I guess I underestimated him, lol.

I guess that the extra exposition with Uryu is needed for catching up anime viewers, but it's starting to feel like it's just a reason to keep him in this part of the story.

The spooky scary skeletons were awesome

I'm a huge fan of the stop motion animation work of Ray Harryhausen. He's the one who made the Jason and the Argonauts movie with the skeletons
I went to an exhibit a few years ago and saw a bunch of the actual models Harryhausen used to make his movies. This scene reminded me of them so much in the way they move! That jerky, stop motion effect is so perfect - there's no doubt the animators are referencing it here.

Overall, this was a great episode, the new favorite for sure. I really loved the way they brought Yama's powers to life.

Some gifs I made to share with the class:

This episode showcased how strong Yamamoto, Aizen, and Yhwach are. He was melting the place he walked on. Royd was pretty insane to hang with him for that long
If you rewatch the fight you will see he only attacked twice.
And it's nameless attacks.

The only named technique he used was a defensive one then he was trusting 100% in his blut (defense mode).

I'll say he's a tanky mofo.

Yama got wrecked but for me he was always stronger than the fraud who had to steal his bankai. He low key came off as a villain this episode.

Goated bankai and the animation was amazing.

Summary of the episode: PURE FIRE πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯ πŸ”₯

If you rewatch the fight you will see he only attacked twice.
And it's nameless attacks.

The only named technique he used was a defensive one then he was trusting 100% in his blut (defense mode).

I'll say he's a tanky mofo.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. Royd is tanky af, that blut is kinda op since he didn't get destroyed by standing so close to the sun. The other sternritter probably have the same defense as well.

He low key came off as a villain this episode.
He is a villain. When he was talking about pain/suffering, the man was being a huge hypocrite. He slaughtered almost the entire race and then says that his loss doesn't equate to what the Soul Society suffered.

He sees Quincies as the lesser beings which reminds me of when Byakuya fought Zommari. His rant about how the shinigami view hollows as evil due to their nature and how they are born. This is why I liked the hollow and quincy more than the shinigami. There are cool ones like Kenpachi, Shunsui, Shinji, etc. but overall, as a race, I dislike them the most.
Post automatically merged:

:choppawhat:

Are you referring to the entire arc, or what we have so far in the anime?

Amazing a whole episode focusing on this awesome fight. And the cherry on top being the appearance Aizen sama! Epic characters. Now the SS from being doused in Yama-jii flames to being doused in despair.

He is a villain. When he was talking about pain/suffering, the man was being a huge hypocrite. He slaughtered almost the entire race and then says that his loss doesn't equate to what the Soul Society suffered.

He sees Quincies as the lesser beings which reminds me of when Byakuya fought Zommari. His rant about how the shinigami view hollows as evil due to their nature and how they are born. This is why I liked the hollow and quincy more than the shinigami. There are cool ones like Kenpachi, Shunsui, Shinji, etc. but overall, as a race, I dislike them the most.
Well initially soul society as a whole seemed like villains. They wanted to kill Rukia for foolishness. The thing I have not figure out is why Shinigami are aging and why do they even die. Were they born shinigami? Did they die and become shinigami? If they died into it then they can die twice?

I just got curious because during hell arc no one should die (people who are already there) then because then boss man Yama looking like the final villain.

Well initially soul society as a whole seemed like villains. They wanted to kill Rukia for foolishness. The thing I have not figure out is why Shinigami are aging and why do they even die. Were they born shinigami? Did they die and become shinigami? If they died into it then they can die twice?

I just got curious because during hell arc no one should die (people who are already there) then because then boss man Yama looking like the final villain.
Soul Society are initially the villains, but then when we find out Aizen played them all, their perspective got shifted and they became the "good" side. I was still skeptical about them until Zommari's speech, and later on with the Fullbring and TYBW arc. You gain a whole new perspective on the Soul Society after reading CFYOW which I hope they animate after TYBW (only 6 months after).