Episode Discussion Bleach TYBW Episode 2: Foundation Stones

What do you rate the episode

• Total voters
So far, the arc feels like it's going at a good pace, not too fast, not too slow. I liked that they showed a bit of Harribel vs Yhwach, I think it was good that they didn't show a fight, but the aftermath. It makes Yhwach look like a menace, especially after what he did to Ebern and Ludaas with the whole "Are you a prophet" speech. You can feel like he's the final boss of the series.

I also feel like people should put some respect on Harribel since Yhwach dealt with her himself rather than get someone else to do it.

One thing I didn't like is what they did with the funeral. It felt too short, and I feel like they should've kept the speech about Sasakibe from Byakuya, but that's just me personally.

I love how the Dangai looks, it feels like a dimensional portal than a tunnel that they just walk through.

The star of the episode imo is Quilge. The moment we see him, you get that supreme general vibes. Just sitting there on his chair looking over the prisoners fits really well with his schrift. I can see why he was sent to Hueco Mundo for that.

When he was doing his selection, he was just so brutal. When he smacked Loly and Menoly, it was pretty funny lol, they had no chance. He's just walking away while they're getting curbstomped :suresure:

The Tres Bestias has pretty cool moment before Quilge fodderized them.

I enjoyed the episode overall and I'm excited to see the rest of the arc. It's gonna be so brutal when they get to some of the other fights.

@PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @Light D Lamperouge @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @RayanOO @Mr. Reloaded @ShadyOjiro @MonsterKaido @Garp the Fist @Fuckthis3 @Reborn @SmokedOut @IceWitch @ZenZu @Warchief Sanji D Goat @SaitoH @Shisui @SkySanji @Mr.9000 @Don't Mind Me @AdmiralKoniroryu @L55 @MonochromeYoru @NikaInParis @Surgeon of death @Kerkovian @wordy

Last edited:
So far, the arc feels like it's going at a good pace, not too fast, not too slow. I liked that they showed a bit of Harribel vs Yhwach, I think it was good that they didn't show a fight, but the aftermath. It makes Yhwach look like a menace, especially after what he did to Ebern and Ludaas with the whole "Are you a prophet" speech. You can feel like he's the final boss of the series.

I feel like they should've kept the speech about Sasakibe from Byakuya, but that's just me personally.

I love how the Dangai looks, it feels like a dimensional portal than a tunnel that they just walk through.

The star of the episode imo is Quilge. The moment we see him, you get that supreme general vibes. Just sitting there on his chair looking over the prisoners fits really well with his schrift. I can see why he was sent to Hueco Mundo for that.

When he was doing his selection, he was just so brutal. When he smacked Loly and Menoly, it was pretty funny lol, they had no chance. He's just walking away while they're getting curbstomped :suresure:

I enjoyed the episode overall and I'm excited to see the rest of the arc. It's gonna be so brutal when they get to some of the other fights.

@PrinceKun @Jaguark101 @Light D Lamperouge @Dark Admiral @Playa4321 @RayanOO @Mr. Reloaded @ShadyOjiro @MonsterKaido @Garp the Fist @Fuckthis3 @Reborn @SmokedOut @IceWitch @ZenZu @Warchief Sanji D Goat @SaitoH @Shisui @SkySanji @Mr.9000 @Don't Mind Me @AdmiralKoniroryu @L55 @MonochromeYoru @NikaInParis @Surgeon of death @Kerkovian @wordy
Damn episode 2 already out? I thought it was tomorrow. Gonna go watch now.

Another great episode, except I was really surprised that they left out Byakuya's eulogy for Sasakibe.
They finally drew Sasakibe's eyes right though!
Nice to see Nel and my beloved Tres Bestias.
Quilge's voice OMG it's so perfect! Also some great music in this episode, the sad song in the middle deserves to be in the current sad OST tourney.
I'm really happy with this anime so far. I hope they can keep up this level of quality!

Sheesh I forgot how bloody this war was, well done on the animators for not hiding its gruesomeness. I'm pretty impressed overall with the quality of the anime.

Are most of the VAs the same from the original anime?
Well, some like Yamamoto's VA passed away and they had to get a new person for him. He sounds really good here imo, but I don't remember if there any others