Spoiler Boruto Chapter 80 Spoilers

BREAKING: Boruto Manga will be going on a 3 month hiatus!! The series is set to resume in August 2023 with the release of VJump's October issue. Boruto Chapter 81 is therefore scheduled for release on August 20th 2023!

Boruto Chapter 80 Cover Page!
Subtitle: “with one's own will and eyes”
Title: “If it’s my dad…!” Or “Dad would…!” (Viz might have a different approach)

Boruto is still on the run! Shikamaru asks Eida if she is sure that Boruto was the one who killed Naruto! Kawaki grabs eida by the collar, and she says yes! Shikamaru makes a public announcement saying boruto has killed Naruto.

Sarada breaks down after hearing that Boruto has killed Naruto! Mitsuki goes after boruto. Eida asks Kawaki that does he have to go this far. Kawaki reiterates that he can keep Naruto sealed until he kills Boruto. Daemon makes his entrance.

Sasuke finds Sarada! Sarada tells Sasuke that mitsuki wants to kill Boruto. It seems like Sasuke was also affected by Eida’s ability as he considers mitsuki’s reaction to be “natural”. Sumire contacts sarada, both of whom haven’t been affected.

Boruto vs Team 10!

Sumire informs sarada that this is all Eida’s doing. Everyone is under her spell but it hasn’t affected her or sarada. Sarada begins to cry, Sumire adds that us two are the only ones who can help boruto.

Sarada desperately tries to convince Sasuke that boruto isn’t the bad guy and he wasn’t the one who killed Lord seventh. Sasuke is still trapped in Eida’s spell and tells sarada to go home. Sarada: “Listen, Dad...my first and last act of selfishness...

SARADA UNLOCKS HER MANGEKYŌ SHARINGAN!!! “PAPA PLEASE HELP BORUTO!!”

Sasuke swoops in and takes Boruto away! He tells boruto about the time he first met him (Kawaki) and how he became his apprentice and how they defeated Momoshiki. Eida sees all of this and decides to go after Sasuke and Boruto.

Sasuke tells Boruto that he doesn’t trust his own memories because boruto is holding his headband. Sasuke tells boruto that he trusts his daughter and would risk his life to help boruto if that’s what she wants.

Momoshiki is pissed! He says that what has happened cannot be overturned, he demands boruto to give him his body & stay shut-out forever. Boruto doesn’t break and momoshiki in a way applauds his mentality. Eida comes in to apologise.

Boruto smiles even in the face of despair, and says that he has the blood of his father (Naruto), mother (Hinata) and grandfather (Minato) running through his veins. A shinobi... who has inherited the will of the fire.

Final pages! Boruto prepares for training to become stronger to face Kawaki. Code plans revenge and kawaki still wants to kill Boruto. Side text: “I will put an end to this "brother fight". As a shinobi who inherited the will of fire...! The story enters a new chapter!!”
]

To shed some light on the timeskip conversation - I’m not sure myself because the word “timeskip” isn’t mentioned at all. It just says “the story will enter a new chapter”. But, the sudden hiatus and the way the chapter ended, all indicate a timeskip in Ch81! Let’s wait and see

Last edited:
Random thoughts:

It is interesting the Sarada's Mangekyou is a sun shape, almost the compete opposite/complement of Eida's dojutsu being a moon. I wonder if Sarada gets a genjustu that can release S-tier genjutsus?

I think the reason that Sarada and Sumire are not affected by Eida is because they are crushing on Boruto.

Sumire has, effectively, a tailed-beast and a karma. One of Nue's abilities is S-tier chakra absorption. An ability just perfect to fight 10-tails clones. She is also the most intelligent member of Boruto's class. She has studied, though limited study, under Amado. She worked on upgrading Delta along side Amado. She has been involved in Kawaki's medical and bionics for quite some time. She probably has learned a thing or two on how to limit/shut down/develop bionic abilities.

I wonder if Kabuto, being in permanent sage mode and is under Izanami, is/was immune to Eida's genjutsu.

Last edited:

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
So Sarada awakens her Mangekyo by…crying over Boruto on her knees? Seems Kishimoto still cannot properly write female characters, don’t know how anyone can like this trash fanfiction of a series
Post automatically merged:

This actually makes me upset, because Sarada was one of the only Boruto characters that I actually liked, but as soon as Kishimoto starts writing again he turns her into Sakura 2.0
:lawsigh:

Last edited: