Questions & Mysteries Brunhilde and Goll's matchups.

Brunhilde and Goll have been staple characters for each and every fight thus far throughout the Ragnarok tournament. :watchout:
Brunhilde is essentially the protagonist of RoR, what with her being the mastermind behind the Ragnarok tournament, the selection of humanity's strongest fighters and for coming up with a way for humanity to fight on even footing against the God's. She is willing to do whatever it takes to save humanity, even going as far as to defy the God's themselves. :steef:

Meanwhile, Goll serves as a foil to her older sister. Despite her timidness, she is often the one individual who openly questions Brunhilde's ruthless and occasionally callous tactics.

So both of these characters are clearly contextually important to the story of Record of Ragnarok.

However, as there are only thirteen Valkyrie sisters and thirteen human fighters, this means that both Brunhilde and Goll are going to end up in the meat grinding action of the Valhalla Arena as weapons of divine destruction.

So this brings up a couple of questions regarding these two rather important characters. The main questions are;

I) Which human fighters will they be paired up with?
II) What form and/or special ability will each sister grant to their wielder?
III) Will these two characters survive their respective matches?

I fully expect Brunhilde and her partner to survive their match but Goll might have a good chance of becoming a tragic death scene to really hit both Brunhilde and the readers right in the feels. :josad:

What do you folk think? :willsmith:

Some RoR Gang tags;
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @Tris @Marimo_420 @Zoro D Goat @yj @BangMi @Sadistic Senpai @The White Crane @DarkWitch @Kejon @Oblivion @PerfectHie @Yoru @Blackbeard

Hard to say, really. But since Brun is the oldest Valkyrie sister, won't it be a little poetic for her to pair up with anyone facing Odin? So, probably Nostradamus?

Goll, hm...no clue, but it will likely be anybody whose personality compliments hers. So, maybe an intellectual like Tesla?

Brunhilde and Goll have been staple characters for each and every fight thus far throughout the Ragnarok tournament. :watchout:
Brunhilde is essentially the protagonist of RoR, what with her being the mastermind behind the Ragnarok tournament, the selection of humanity's strongest fighters and for coming up with a way for humanity to fight on even footing against the God's. She is willing to do whatever it takes to save humanity, even going as far as to defy the God's themselves. :steef:

Meanwhile, Goll serves as a foil to her older sister. Despite her timidness, she is often the one individual who openly questions Brunhilde's ruthless and occasionally callous tactics.

So both of these characters are clearly contextually important to the story of Record of Ragnarok.

However, as there are only thirteen Valkyrie sisters and thirteen human fighters, this means that both Brunhilde and Goll are going to end up in the meat grinding action of the Valhalla Arena as weapons of divine destruction.

So this brings up a couple of questions regarding these two rather important characters. The main questions are;

I fully expect Brunhilde and her partner to survive their match but Goll might have a good chance of becoming a tragic death scene to really hit both Brunhilde and the readers right in the feels. :josad:

Some RoR Gang tags;
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @Tris @Marimo_420 @Zoro D Goat @yj @BangMi @Sadistic Senpai @The White Crane @DarkWitch @Kejon @Oblivion @PerfectHie @Yoru @Blackbeard
I hope so, but why do I feel like it is Brun that will die so Goll can stop being an annoying shit?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Same here. I could kinda see it like Goll is in the 12th match and dies. The score is 6-6. Brunhilde is up next and devastated. She can't put herself together over the loss of her sister. That's why during the fight they are on the losing end. Brunhilde finally manages to overcome that, and is now determined which turns the tides over for humanity, and that's how they win.

Edit: I could also see the opposite happening. Bruhilde dying and Goll having to achieve what her sister sought out to do.

As for who they will be paired up with. Hmmm.
Maybe Goll and Okita.

Brunhilde? I actually have no idea lol. I expect Brunhilde to be the last Valkyrie to fight. And that would probably be the most important match. But I have no idea who her partner would be lol.

When it comes to what their Volund powers would be I literally have no idea lol. It could legit be anything.

Hard to say, really. But since Brun is the oldest Valkyrie sister, won't it be a little poetic for her to pair up with anyone facing Odin? So, probably Nostradamus?
Yeah, that would be a good one. Another possibility could be Brunhilde and her partner vs Loki.

Brunhilde thus far has proven quite the cunning mastermind while Loki is the Norse deity of trickery. Brunhilde could pair up with a slippery character like Rasputin for this matchup.

Although considering how Loki has unfinished beef with Buddha, I doubt he will lose his match.
Goll, hm...no clue, but it will likely be anybody whose personality compliments hers. So, maybe an intellectual like Tesla?
Goll did successfully eavesdrop on Ebisu's rant, so she might have some sneaky ability. That could pair well with a stealth character like Hayha.
Brunhilde? Got me. Maybe Qin Shi Huang or Leonidus.
Possibly. Lol.

Though there could be a clue in prototype Brunhilde's design. Proto Brunhilde carried around a big arse scythe, so that could be a hint towards her Volund form.
So I was browsing through the RoR wiki as well as MangaPark and I found out what some of our favourite Ragnarok characters could have looked like. I thought this was rather interesting and decided to make a thread. :pepedoffy:

Some look exactly the same (e.g. Poseidon), others have slight differences from their final design (e.g. Brunhilde and Loki) and some look noticably different in the first draft design (e.g. Sasaki, Lu Bu, Thor and Goll). :watchout:

Without further ado, here they are. :fransuper:

The fandom seriously dodged a bullet on first draft Thor though. :catsweat:
Same here. I could kinda see it like Goll is in the 12th match and dies. The score is 6-6. Brunhilde is up next and devastated. She can't put herself together over the loss of her sister. That's why during the fight they are on the losing end. Brunhilde finally manages to overcome that, and is now determined which turns the tides over for humanity, and that's how they win.

Edit: I could also see the opposite happening. Bruhilde dying and Goll having to achieve what her sister sought out to do.

As for who they will be paired up with. Hmmm.
Maybe Goll and Okita.

Brunhilde? I actually have no idea lol. I expect Brunhilde to be the last Valkyrie to fight. And that would probably be the most important match. But I have no idea who her partner would be lol.

When it comes to what their Volund powers would be I literally have no idea lol. It could legit be anything.
Yeah, those are pretty much the main two scenarios I was thinking of when making this thread though I doubt that Goll will survive over Brunhilde. Her main purpose thus far has been to be a foil to Brunhilde, she hasn't done much on her own. Meanwhile Brunhilde is the catalyst for the entire plot.

I expect Brunhilde to be in the last fight. Though Goll could die earlier during Ragnarok and this could cause Brunhilde to become even more ruthless and unhinged.

Last edited:
Yeah, that would be a good one. Another possibility could be Brunhilde and her partner vs Loki.

Brunhilde thus far has proven quite the cunning mastermind while Loki is the Norse deity of trickery. Brunhilde could pair up with a slippery character like Rasputin for this matchup.

Although considering how Loki has unfinished beef with Buddha, I doubt he will lose his match.

Goll did successfully eavesdrop on Ebisu's rant, so she might have some sneaky ability. That could pair well with a stealth character like Hayha.

Possibly. Lol.

Though there could be a clue in prototype Brunhilde's design. Proto Brunhilde carried around a big arse scythe, so that could be a hint towards her Volund form.

Yeah, those are pretty much the main two scenarios I was thinking of when making this thread though I doubt that Goll will survive over Brunhilde. Her main purpose thus far has been to be a foil to Brunhilde, she hasn't done much on her own. Meanwhile Brunhilde is the catalyst for the entire plot.

I expect Brunhilde to be in the last fight. Though Goll could die earlier during Ragnarok and this could cause Brunhilde to become even more ruthless and unhinged.
Wait, I'm pretty sure Goll got found out when she tried to eavesdrop on the 7 Lucky Gods. Doesn't that kinda mean she's not stealthy? Then, I don't think she would pair well with someone like Simo, imo.

Some RoR Gang tags;
O yeah just realize this, they must fight too.
But budha didnt need hollund what about him?
Btw do you have any info about valkyries individual power?

Wait, I'm pretty sure Goll got found out when she tried to eavesdrop on the 7 Lucky Gods. Doesn't that kinda mean she's not stealthy? Then, I don't think she would pair well with someone like Simo, imo.
Eh, she successfully eavesdropped on Ebisu. Ebisu did not notice her and he was her target. What she didn't account for was Bishamonten coming up behind her... Though she probably should of considering she was in a doorway and already knew that the Lucky Gods numbered seven.

Yeah, maybe not stealthy then. No amount of being silent can account for lack of spacial awareness. :catsweat:
O yeah just realize this, they must fight too.
But budha didnt need hollund what about him?
I expect the author will do something to rectify the number imbalance. I doubt that there is going to be a human on the list that does nothing. Lol.
Btw do you have any info about valkyries individual power?
As in the ones that have appeared thus far?

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Oh yeah Buddha doesn't need Volund I guess. So that leaves one Valkyrie sister.

I could see two scenarios.

1. They add a 14th round. The score is 7-7. Now then I could see two sub-options so to say.​

1. The duel is settled by humanity picking one warrior out of the remaining ones, and the Gods doing the same. They have a final 1 on 1 battle to settle the score.​
  2. All the remaining warriors square off against each other. A group battle. 7 vs 7. The winner is decided by which side the last standing individual belongs to. If it's a God the Gods win, if it's a human the humans win. But it's not a free for all, each side works together to take down the opposite side.​

2. One round is a tag team. Self explanatory. One God is added to the mix and instead of a 1 on 1, one round is turned into a tag team match.

Now which God could be added is the question. I have a few ideas tbh.

Ranking them by how likely it is for them to participate and how much I'd like for them to participate

1. Hermes.

- The dude is screaming hidden villain vibes. Extremely, extremely knowledgeable on all sorts of topics, as well as powers of Gods, and humans as well as the fact that he knows more about combat than the God of War.

- Managed to scare Ares with just a look, and observe the fight between Zeus and Adam, whilst most couldn't. According to Ares an average God could only see a shadow of some of Zeus' average moves. Ares himself could see it completely, but he was unable to even perceive what happened in that exchange. However, Hermes was not only able to see it but also retell it completely.
- Look at Brunhilde's reaction upon Hermes entering the arena. She's in disbelief and genuine fear. Shaking and sweating profusely.
- And before someone says it's because of Zeus, no it isn't. Brunhilde had no idea that Zeus would show up. She didn't know Hermes was only the guy playing the violin for Zeus' entrance.
- She even notes that what had happened completely surprised her and was totally outside of her expectations
- So the fear, shaking and utter disbelief of Brunhilde was when she thought Hermes would be their opponent.

- What makes this moment even more hype is the fact that the human representative in this round was none other than Adam.
- The sheer hype of this moment is incredible. Brunhilde knew what Adam can do
and she was still shitting herself at the thought of Adam facing Hermes.

- Wanted to fight the strongest God of India and the strongest God of Destruction by far in all of Heaven just for fun
- The next point is a minor one I guess, but could still be telling. His voice actor has been announced and it's Junichi Suwabe as Hermes.
- This dude usually gives his voice to some of the most powerful and badass characters in each anime. The same dude that's the voice of Aomine from KnB who is the best player, Sukuna from Jujutsu Kaisen and the King of Curses and one of the strongest characters in the show, Eraser Head a top hero and badass, Yami Sukehiro again a top captain, completely badass, and one of the strongest characters in Black Clover, Sakunosuke Oda from BSD, very powerful, Undertaker from Black Butler, a hidden bad guy who is one of the most powerful characters in the show.

- That's about what I have on Hermes.

2. Next bet of mine would be Hades.

- Hades has already been foreshadowed and partially shown in this picture with Zeus and Poseidon
and was listed here as well
and it's not Adamas because he is completely cast out and no one speaks his name nor is he accounted for in the new 12 Gods of Olympus
- As the first son of Kronos and the elder brother of Poseidon and Zeus this guy should definitely be one of the stronger/est Gods on the Gods' side. Zeus and Poseidon were immensely powerful.

- Hades can be amazingly used, and I am sure you all are aware of his mythology as the God of the Underworld.

My next and final two picks are not going to be as well elaborated upon as the 2 above.

3. First of them is Aphrodite.

- She's been with us in the manga from the start. Singled out with Gods such as Zeus, Odin and Shiva
- Her reaction to Buddha's declaration was once again paired up with some of the relevant Gods
- Firstly only her and Odin are shown
- Then she's paired up with Zeus and isn't really showing any big reaction whilst the other are, excluding her and Zeus
- And then again
- After that her reaction to Buddha saying what he said was this
- She seemed very disturbed, angry and scary and almost looking as if she's getting ready for a fight.

- The only problem is I don't know who she'd fight.

4. And the final one is Ares.

-The God of War. Nothing much here lol. He's been utterly disappointing thus far so this could work to make him more in line with what he should be as the God of War.

As I was writing this I noticed it turned out much longer than I expected lol. I could have probably made a thread on it. But the more I read the more ideas and panels I saw. So I'll share some tags, and you guys let me know what you think.
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @Tris @Marimo_420 @Zoro D Goat @yj @BangMi @Sadistic Senpai @The White Crane @DarkWitch @Kejon @Oblivion @PerfectHie @Yoru @Blackbeard @h_zorothegoat

Last edited:
Eh, she successfully eavesdropped on Ebisu. Ebisu did not notice her and he was her target. What she didn't account for was Bishamonten coming up behind her... Though she probably should of considering she was in a doorway and already knew that the Lucky Gods numbered seven.

Yeah, maybe not stealthy then. No amount of being silent can account for lack of spacial awareness. :catsweat:

I expect the author will do something to rectify the number imbalance. I doubt that there is going to be a human on the list that does nothing. Lol.

As in the ones that have appeared thus far?
Yeah the story kinda a little lame if 1 valkyrie not used, if brunhilde or gnoll power used it will be really hype.

More to individual power based on the wiki.
Maybe we can match their power to some human based on their advantage.
Post automatically merged:

Oh yeah Buddha doesn't need Volund I guess. So that leaves one Valkyrie sister.

I could see two scenarios.

1. They add a 14th round. The score is 7-7. Now then I could see two sub-options so to say.​

1. The duel is settled by humanity picking one warrior out of the remaining ones, and the Gods doing the same. They have a final 1 on 1 battle to settle the score.​
  2. All the remaining warriors square off against each other. A group battle. 7 vs 7. The winner is decided by which side the last standing individual belongs to. If it's a God the Gods win, if it's a human the humans win. But it's not a free for all, each side works together to take down the opposite side.​

2. One round is a tag team. Self explanatory. One God is added to the mix and instead of a 1 on 1, one round is turned into a tag team match.

Now which God could be added is the question. I have a few ideas tbh.

Ranking them by how likely it is for them to participate and how much I'd like for them to participate

1. Hermes.

- The dude is screaming hidden villain vibes. Extremely, extremely knowledgeable on all sorts of topics, as well as powers of Gods, and humans as well as the fact that he knows more about combat than the God of War.

- Managed to scare Ares with just a look, and observe the fight between Zeus and Adam, whilst most couldn't. According to Ares an average God could only see a shadow of some of Zeus' average moves. Ares himself could see it completely, but he was unable to even perceive what happened in that exchange. However, Hermes was not only able to see it but also retell it completely.
- Look at Brunhilde's reaction upon Hermes entering the arena. She's in disbelief and genuine fear. Shaking and sweating profusely.
- And before someone says it's because of Zeus, no it isn't. Brunhilde had no idea that Zeus would show up. She didn't know Hermes was only the guy playing the violin for Zeus' entrance.
- She even notes that what had happened completely surprised her and was totally outside of her expectations
- So the fear, shaking and utter disbelief of Brunhilde was when she thought Hermes would be their opponent.

- What makes this moment even more hype is the fact that the human representative in this round was none other than Adam.
- The sheer hype of this moment is incredible. Brunhilde knew what Adam can do
and she was still shitting herself at the thought of Adam facing Hermes.

- Wanted to fight the strongest God of India and the strongest God of Destruction by far in all of Heaven just for fun
- The next point is a minor one I guess, but could still be telling. His voice actor has been announced and it's Junichi Suwabe as Hermes.
- This dude usually gives his voice to some of the most powerful and badass characters in each anime. The same dude that's the voice of Aomine from KnB who is the best player, Sukuna from Jujutsu Kaisen and the King of Curses and one of the strongest characters in the show, Eraser Head a top hero and badass, Yami Sukehiro again a top captain, completely badass, and one of the strongest characters in Black Clover, Sakunosuke Oda from BSD, very powerful, Undertaker from Black Butler, a hidden bad guy who is one of the most powerful characters in the show.

- That's about what I have on Hermes.

2. Next bet of mine would be Hades.

- Hades has already been foreshadowed and partially shown in this picture with Zeus and Poseidon
and was listed here as well
and it's not Adamas because he is completely cast out and no one speaks his name nor is he accounted for in the new 12 Gods of Olympus
- As the first son of Kronos and the elder brother of Poseidon and Zeus this guy should definitely be one of the stronger/est Gods on the Gods' side. Zeus and Poseidon were immensely powerful.

- Hades can be amazingly used, and I am sure you all are aware of his mythology as the God of the Underworld.

My next and final two picks are not going to be as well elaborated upon as the 2 above.

3. First of them is Aphrodite.

- She's been with us in the manga from the start. Singled out with Gods such as Zeus, Odin and Shiva
- Her reaction to Buddha's declaration was once again paired up with some of the relevant Gods
- Firstly only her and Odin are shown
- Then she's paired up with Zeus and isn't really showing any big reaction whilst the other are, excluding her and Zeus
- And then again
- After that her reaction to Buddha saying what he said was this
- She seemed very disturbed, angry and scary and almost looking as if she's getting ready for a fight.

- The only problem is I don't know who she'd fight.

4. And the final one is Ares.

-The God of War. Nothing much here lol. He's been utterly disappointing thus far so this could work to make him more in line with what he should be as the God of War.

As I was writing this I noticed it turned out much longer than I expected lol. I could have probably made a thread on it. But the more I read the more ideas and panels I saw. So I'll share some tags, and you guys let me know what you think.
@Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Light D Lamperouge @Tris @Marimo_420 @Zoro D Goat @yj @BangMi @Sadistic Senpai @The White Crane @DarkWitch @Kejon @Oblivion @PerfectHie @Yoru @Blackbeard @h_zorothegoat

Woahhhh wait got to read this slowly

Based on the wiki brunhilde speciality is super armor i think she will paired with leonidas or anyone got other option?

Last edited:
Based on the wiki brunhilde speciality is super armor i think she will paired with leonidas or anyone got other option?
Aye, I see where you are coming from. I looked up the name Brunhilde on a couple of sites and found this.
So Brunhilde's Volund form could be a suit of armour or a big arse shield. In which case, Leonidas would probably the best candidate for Brunhilde.

Being an armour piece also fits nicely with Brunhilde's desire to protect humanity.

Meanwhile, Goll (or Geir) seems to have something strange going on. Firstly, her name is apparently masculine and it means "spear". :quest:
Any spear wielders in humanity's ranks you folk can think of? :bamathink:

@Light D Lamperouge @Fleet Admiral Lee Hung @Blackbeard

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Hmm. Well these are the guys that are left to fight on humanity's side.
- Qin Shi Huang
- King Leonidas
- Nikola Tesla
- Rasputin
- Okita
- Nostradamus
- Simo Hayha
- Sakata Kintoki

So King Leonidas is often depicted with a spear but also a sword. But if I had to guess then yeah maybe him.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Aye, I see where you are coming from. I looked up the name Brunhilde on a couple of sites and found this.
So Brunhilde's Volund form could be a suit of armour or a big arse shield. In which case, Leonidas would probably the best candidate for Brunhilde.

Being an armour piece also fits nicely with Brunhilde's desire to protect humanity.

Meanwhile, Goll (or Geir) seems to have something strange going on. Firstly, her name is apparently masculine and it means "spear". :quest:

The similarities between Brunhilde standing against the Gods and Leonidus standing against the massive armies of Persia are a pretty nice similarity between them. Leonidus’ name was also at the top of the human list, so that may be foreshadowing him pairing with the eldest Valkyrie.

After read ur post dont know why just seeing image brunhilde will become like ironmam suit in my mind :gokulaugh:
If that happen, maybe tesla will take the suit :milaugh:
But the important thing brunhilde n goll must be join battle for the last or 2nd battle before last.
The enemy i can think of Odin, Loki or the butler god i forgot who he is lol

Hmm. Well these are the guys that are left to fight on humanity's side.
- Qin Shi Huang
- King Leonidas
- Nikola Tesla
- Rasputin
- Okita
- Nostradamus
- Simo Hayha
- Sakata Kintoki

So King Leonidas is often depicted with a spear but also a sword. But if I had to guess then yeah maybe him.
Based on the kingdom manga.
Warrior from china dinasty often seen using glaive for war, like lubu did.
Maybe qin shi huang will be a good candidate for this spear

The similarities between Brunhilde standing against the Gods and Leonidus standing against the massive armies of Persia are a pretty nice similarity between them. Leonidus’ name was also at the top of the human list, so that may be foreshadowing him pairing with the eldest Valkyrie.

Yeah there is a big chance leonidas will paired with brunhilde n the enemy must be odin but there is a hole about this theory. When i watch the spartan, they got really high pride in war thing. N the one i notice is they think they are the best warrior, n they dont need armor to protect them. Thats why spartan in the movie seen only using panties. But maybe its just in this movie, in other movie they might be using some armor.

I hope so, but why do I feel like it is Brun that will die so Goll can stop being an annoying shit?
Back then when i read about nostradamus, he got abilities to fortune about the future.
In my opinion the fight will more like sasaki, but maybe a little different.

Yeah there is a big chance that brunhilde will die in the fight, n maybe goll will become more adult when this happen.

Last edited: