Episode Discussion CakeWalker Discovers One Piece: Season One - East Blue

Season One - Episode 048
- New theme-tune for the English dub! Believe in Wonderland! (appears as #55}
- I love that Luffy has a massive bounty on their head and they are just running around without a care in the world into a heavy populated urban center.
- Captain Smoker? I wonder why he is called that LMAO
- 30 million Berry Bounty?
- Smoking two cigars at the same time. What a hilarious gimmick and yet so badass.
- Captain Smoker is nice to the little girl and gives her money to buy some more. This has been needed tbh. A lot of the marines have come off as corrupt, so nice to see lawful behaviour.
- Devil Fruit Powers????
- Who is this short haired blue mystery swordswoman?
- Zoro crushed the glasses by accident. OOOPS!
- Gold Roger flashbacks! Awesome.
- A glass of milk! YAHOOOOOOOOOO!

- So Roger's execution makes him a martyr of sorts and kickstarts the new pirate era. Quite the legacy if you think about it.
- A relatively slow episode, but some good world building taking place.
- Smoker realizing he has already cross paths with Luffy.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳

Season One - Episode 048
- I love that Luffy has a massive bounty on their head and they are just running around without a care in the world into a heavy populated urban center.
- Smoking two cigars at the same time. What a hilarious gimmick and yet so badass.
- Captain Smoker is nice to the little girl and gives her money to buy some more. This has been needed tbh. A lot of the marines have come off as corrupt, so nice to see lawful behaviour.
- Devil Fruit Powers????

- So Roger's execution makes him a martyr of sorts and kickstarts the new pirate era. Quite the legacy if you think about it.

captain smoker :myman:

Season One - Episode 048
- Devil Fruit Powers????

Wow, it’s gonna start getting exciting now!

Season One - Episode 049
- Captain Smoker doesn't need anyone's help.
- Luffy just open and admitting he is who he is.
- And so the fight begins in just a couple of minutes. Luffy vs. Smoker. Leggo!
- Luffy's GumGum power doing some strange shit. I wonder what happened.
- Sanji doting on the mysterious Captain Heart.
- Is it time for signature Monkey D. Luffy nap in the middle of nowhere.
- The last place Zoro wants to be. Inside a Marines compound. Sergeant Major?
- Zoro is the master of the three mop style! The most dangerous cleaner of the East Blue.
- Zoro's first name is Roronoa. Education time.
- Cursed Swords? Wow some really cool lore involved in this Pirate Saga now.
- Zoro isn't scared about a curse. Dude is such a badass character. Gotta love the green haired God.
- Shopkeeper now just giving the swords away, just to trying to get a rub of good luck on his side.
- Buggy's Crew running around Logue Town like a good for acolytes.
- Buggy hatred for Luffy really is the rivalry of the season.
- Another episode down. I've having a feast it seems now. Still a lot of build up, but I have no problem with character development.

Season One - Episode 049
- Captain Smoker doesn't need anyone's help.
- Luffy just open and admitting he is who he is.
- And so the fight begins in just a couple of minutes. Luffy vs. Smoker. Leggo!
- Luffy's GumGum power doing some strange shit. I wonder what happened.
- Sanji doting on the mysterious Captain Heart.
- Is it time for signature Monkey D. Luffy nap in the middle of nowhere.
- The last place Zoro wants to be. Inside a Marines compound. Sergeant Major?
- Zoro is the master of the three mop style! The most dangerous cleaner of the East Blue.
- Zoro's first name is Roronoa. Education time.
- Cursed Swords? Wow some really cool lore involved in this Pirate Saga now.
- Zoro isn't scared about a curse. Dude is such a badass character. Gotta love the green haired God.
- Shopkeeper now just giving the swords away, just to trying to get a rub of good luck on his side.
- Buggy's Crew running around Logue Town like a good for acolytes.
- Buggy hatred for Luffy really is the rivalry of the season.
- Another episode down. I've having a feast it seems now. Still a lot of build up, but I have no problem with character development.

Just 2 stars? :jordamas:

Season One - Episode 050
- I love Captain's Smoker care free attitude.
- Bounty Hunted called Daddy? I wonder if there is a fandom for him alone lol.
- This Bounty Hunter dude has got serious western spaghetti vibes on lock. Quite the badass. "Daddy - The Father".
- North Blue Company? I guess its like East Blue, but in the north.
- Usopp being told he smells like an old man. HAHA!
- Usopp and Daddy going to have a gun duel. This is going to be a cool moment for sure I feel.
- The greatest gunslinger in history facing off against Usopp. Only an idiot would face this legend.
- Usopp being called a coward and a loser. This is the Usopp we know and love.
- Usopp's Dad knows Daddy. History time. Yasopp was quite the gunslinger himself. It seems Shanks' crew really is something special after all. I am enjoying these flashbacks in time to learn about the past.
- There is nothing stronger than the pull of the sea for a true Pirate.
- Usopp stepping up to honor the legacy of his own Dad to face Daddy in a proper duel. Target practise for the Long Nosed Liar.
- Usopp with a masterful slingshot and has his life spared in a true test of skill.
- "Sanji I finally found you after ten years?" Well that is a cliff hanger right there!
- I am enjoying this arc quite a lot. Very interested to see where it is all going to go.

⋆ ⋆ ½
Post automatically merged:

Season One - Episode 051
- The Amazing Carmen! The best cook in the East Blue?
- Carmen, Leo & Jose seem to be quite the interesting trio.
- A cooking food battle!
- This was truly the last thing I was expecting to see in this show, but at the same time I am really not that surprised.
- Only for Sanji to show no interest in actually taking part in a contest. Brilliant!
- Zoro and Luffy have been eating plate upon plate of food and neither of them have any money to pay for the food they have eaten. Amazing! And then Buggy pays for his food.
- Richie just casually hiding behind the skinniest tree of all time.
- Fish from the West Blue? So many places left to explore.
- Elephant Blue Fin Tuna Fish! What are are these mega fish!
- The Lore of the All Blue! The central point is real and Sanji will find it...one day.
- This is a great hook for Sanji to actually take part in the cooking contest.
- The final and of course is Sanji versus Carmen.
- The cheerleading matadors Jose and Leo are actually super hilarious.
- Both sets of fake food are making me hungry IRL.
- Looking forward to seeing Carmen again in the future.
- And the winner is SANJIIIIIIIIIII!
- That fish is so big! It is an absolute monster of a beast.
- Luffy has lost his hat. Catch your hat before its too late. The Straw Hat is your identity. And it has led you to the execution platform!
- Captain Smoker and Captain Buggy are all going to come for Luffy at the same time. As well as the mysterious Captain Heart.
- Really enjoyed this character development episode, and one of my highest rated episode without any fighting I believe.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 052
- Feels like all the shenanigans have been leading up to this episode (reference #47 in my playlist)
- This could really prove to be a great episode I feel.
- What on earth is that weapon that Captain Heart is holding? A spiked club.
- Im confused? So this is the woman who was in charge of Koby? Wasn't she stout and much larger in weight? Puzzled face.
- She is in love with Luffy? Who is she?
- She had a power that makes people fall in love with her? She truly is Captain Heart...Love Heart!
- Alvida? She is the same captain? She ate the Devil Fruit and lost a lot of weight and got powers in the process. An unexpected twist.
- Captain Buggy reveals himself for what could prove to be an awesome battle.
- Luffy has no idea who Buggy is...its so funny.
- Everyone terrified by the Buggy Pirates, this is quite the pickle now that Cabaji has Luffy trapped in the stocks.
- The crew needs to hurry to save Luffy. But a dark storm is brewing and it can't mean anything good.
- Luffy not realizing it's his own execution, until the last moment. As loveable as he is, he really isn't the brightest spark.
- Quite the tense occasion - but the weather really feels like it is going to play a bigger part than anyone else expects.
- Sanji and Zoro appear on the scene. Time to fix the situation pronto.
- Lets the battle begin. The power of kicks and the three sword style will be too much for the Buggy Pirate Crew.
- And Captain Smoker hasn't even got himself or the Marines involved in the battle yet.
- LIGHTNING BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The Gods has favoured Luffy and an act of God has saved him in this time of need!
- It is going to take more than that to defeat Monkey D. Luffy - the future KING OF THE PIRATES!
- Time to make a swift exit and avoid this super brawl.
- Luffy drawing a direct comparison to Goldy Roger. A foreshadowing.
- Heaven does indeed have special plans for this young pirate. I couldn't have made a true statement. I reckon at least a 1000 more episodes...

- Who was that man at the end? The shadow had a face! Another great episode. This season is really coming to a close, but it really holding strong.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 053
- can't wait to see who the mysterious hooded figure walking in the rain is.
- It hilarious to see Marines get lovehearts only to get punched in the face by Avida.
- Buggy turns himself into a literal rocket powered buggy and Avida using her own feet as roller blades.
- Smoker trapping people in smoke. So he has Devil Fruit Powers too? So three devil fruit powered people fighting all at the same time.
- Richie is awesome as a character, can't state how much he is enjoyable as a character. Getting distracted by an egg yolk like a big hungry kitty.
- Smoker a badass driving that motor-powered tricycle.
- Zoro taking on the blue haired marine in combat, surely she is no match for the green haired God.
- She was simply not match. Not surprising in the slightest.
- Zoro battling with Ghosts now. Ghost living inside the bodies of the living.
- Luffy really isn't scared and in fact wants to test himself against Smoker. Super brave or super stupid? Who knows for sure.
- These smoke powers are crazy strong. Now wonder he is the final bastion for Marines before the Grand Line.
- The mystery man has got Smoker caught out. Who is this man wit the tribal face markings?
- Luffy using his GumGum powers to launch is crew onto the Going Merry is most awesome indeed.
- Dragon? Who is this mysterious Dragon? Will we ever find out?
- Captain Smoker is going to chase Luffy and go into the Grand Line himself. And Tashigi is going to join him in the Chase.
- As our the Buggy Pirates and Avida. Really cool to see that feud carrying on.
- The East Blue Five finally reaching the Grand Line? I have to see the end of the first season is drawing near and it is not disappointing.
⋆ ⋆ ½

Season One - Episode 054
- By my calculations I have less than ten episodes now. Really interested to see how this is all wrapped up.
A new character! Who is this child clearly being held against their will by The Marines.
- This little girl is nothing, but pure chaos. She is going to kill herself if she isn't careful.
- This Eric has got a very interesting look. And Commodore Nelson? Sounds like he must be an important members of the Marines.
- The GumGum stretch that ends up blasting a sleeping Zoro into the water. Hilarious!
- Sanji sets a giant mouse trap to prevent Luffy from stealing food from the kitchen.
- People need to learn that not all Pirates are bad guys. These guys are as cool as they get, and you best not forget!
- The little girl made breakfast - looks like a true nightmare. Gross and Yucky.
- Everyone apart from Luffy can't handle the food LOL!
- Api? Spelling is probably wrong.
- This kid is annoying though. I don't think I could cope if she was involved in too many more episodes.
- Warship Island? That sounds like a cool place to visit.
- I guess we are going to have a bit of a diversion before we reach the Grand Line.
- I don't know if its the English Dub, but this Eric character reminds me of Jango.
- The Branch 8 ship. I wonder why they want the girl so much?
- It is an entire fleet of ships. This could be bad new for the Strawhats.
- The Marines are failing to catch the ship. This Eric character sounds annoyed. Api must really be more valuable than anyone realises.
- Episode was quite tame and not the best in all truth, but it was a bridging episode.

½

Season One - Episode 055
- Calm Belt? No tide and no win. A dead zone in the middle of the ocean? An interesting idea.
- Oh the Grand Line - really is a line in the middle of the high seas. I didn't realize it was actually going to be a line.
- Kaijus! This is certainly going to be fun. So many unique and massive creatures to contend with. The Sea Kings!
- Api plucked the monster's nose hair. Sneeze Incoming! A flying ship, who would have thought it was possible.
- Destination Warship Island! Apis or Api? They are saying two different names for the little girl now.
- Luffy first question, is asking about BBQ restaurants. Amazing!
- Gramps looks old AF and super crusty.

- All Luffy wants to do is eat. At this point I feel like Food Critic and not Pirate would have been better option.
- Commadore Nelson really is like obese and weird guy. He is quite scary how big he really is.
- Gramps telling Lore and no one is even listening. Guess is really important and everyone is going to regret not pay attention to the wise words of Lore.
- A trail that leads from the food that is missing. I wonder who the food thief will end up being? Hopefully a cool dog like ChouChou.
- A dark cave? I wonder what is inside.
- Its a giant Kaiju monster! Wat in all of the East Blue is that!
- Its not even a Kaiju...its a Dragon!
- Grandpa Ryu? Can either of them mind read? Oh. The kid has been empowered by the Devil Fruit. The Whisper Whisper Fruit. I was not expecting this to be the twist for Apis.
- Lost Island? An island that has sunk into the sea? So many mysteries exist in this show. Hard to keep track.
- Luffy loves an adventure and is scared of any task to large or too impossible. Interested to see where this is go, now that Dragons are involved. Pirates and Dragon. CRITICAL HIT!

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 056
- Branch 8 coming back to Warship Island! I can sense a battle approaching from the horizon. The Marines coming along means trouble with Eric and that fat Commadore Nelson.
- The of the group seeing the Millennial Dragon and not being that shocked - apart from Usopp who the dragon is trying to eat.
- They are going to build a cart for the dragon to take him to the Going Merry? GumGum powers, Sanji kicking powers and Zoro sword style is going to result in some serious deforestation taking place on Warship Island. Usopp can show up his crafting skills, dude his a truly gifted carpenter.
- Nami does give a lot of orders, perhaps a future leadership role on the cards?
- Eric I take back my linkage to Jango, although he is a very unique character.
- Usopp getting the bamboo stucks in his mouth is pretty darn funny. A two man escape job, is funny. Though, they defo need more than two people to maneuverer a ship. We need more crew mates.
- Saying that the small ship smashed into the much larger ship and held its shape without being destroyed!

- Luffy taking the bullets and bouncing them back. Dude is a complete hero. Don't mess with the Rubber Man!
- Sanji and Luffy are quite the double team. Taking out the minions with ease. Eric I feel is going to offer much more of a challenge.
- Nami really needs to put Sanji out of his misery so he will stop simping.
- WOAH! The kart is hurtling down the hill, its liked the Red Bull Soap Box race. NO BRAKES!
- The cart is going to leap off the cliff and smash into the Marines ship and destroy it upon impact. What sheer force!
- I guess we are already leaving Warship Island and looking for the Dragon's home instead now. Time at that location didn't last that long, much shorter than I was ever expecting.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 057
- I guess it is time to find this lost Dragon Island.
- Eric the Unstoppable more like Eric the dick.
- Commadore Nelson sending the rest of the fleet to Warship Island! Are we going to see Marines vs. Marines.
- Apis did some cooking again? Oh no the gang are going to be in real trouble.
- All the hot contents went all over Ryu and yet the Dragon is very passive and barely responds.
- Branch 8 leaving the island to chase after the Going Merry finally after all of this time.
- Sanji and Zoro can't even wash the dishes without annoying each other haha.
- Nami just slapping the anvil down on Usopp's foot. This woman give zero shits.
- It looks like they are passing through some sort of secret force wall barrier of some sort. Its an invisible protection cloak.
- The Marines are too scared, but Eric will go alone. He really wants the secrets of the Dragons for himself.
- These waters behind the veil are very dangerous. Perhaps a protective force created by other Dragons to keep them safe from tourists?
- Cool ruins on an old island. I guess the crew have truly arrived at the famous Lost Island. I guess we can now call it Found Island.
- Nami once again doing little to nothing at all. What a Boss Babe!
- I feel if they wanted too, this whole island could be explored and given its own series. Certainly, its own mafia game....
- A lot of Indiana Jones/Uncharted vibes right now.
- The floor! The gang are falling through and down below. That bump sure if going to hurt.
- There seems to be a rich history to these ruins and maybe it will play a key part to the Lore?

⋆ ⋆ ½

Season One - Episode 058
- Treat myself to some one piece on this miserable day.
- This island isn't Lost Island? It is a map that can lead people too Lost Island? Oh it is a guide marker, rather than the actual marker.
- Warship Island? Is the actual Lost Island? This is all very confusing. What a mystery we are dealing with right now.
- I am laughing if Apis isn't even communicated with Ryu, and this is all just some fantasy in this small child's head. At this point it is hard to tell.
- Luffy knowing what the dragon is thinking is weird as hell though. He barely understand what people are saying when they are talking to him directly LMAO.
- Eric arrives on the scene. The Sicko!
- Time for the gang to escape, whilst Zoro fights for them!
- This Dragon Cart is one the most nuts ideas they have had on this show, even if it really is so simple.
- These branch sliding look like a greater video game level, but not the best viewing.
- GumGum grab and return to sender on Zoro.
- Eric is back on the ship. I thought he was going to get marooned. I had hoped it.
- Branch 8 flagship is mega! How the entire branch has so many ships. God Damn!
- Chain link sea walls. What a trap.
- Nelson is a really fat fuck though!
- Building up to a sea battle, but this episode actually sucked. Was the first time, I really felt like I was being fed filler.

Last edited: