Episode Discussion CakeWalker Discovers One Piece: Season One - East Blue

Season One - Episode 025
- after that epic fight, I guess we are back to Krieg vs. the Baratie
- just like Captain Koru, Krieg loyalty is earned by fear rather than duty or respect towards their captain.
- this is what I want to see some of those devil fruit infused GumGum Powers!
- what is the Baratie creating? its like an awesome wave machine. No it is a giant platform! Upgrades!
- ooh cool like a separate pedallo fish canon weapon.!
- And the weapon has literally no effect on Don Krieg though. This guy is a literal portable WMD.
- Sanji is another epic talent. And seems to also have powerful kicks like Zeff. I'm guessing now he is the son of the great chef.
- The flashback involving Patty has some fun comical element to it.
- This is more than a restaurant. This is home for these cooks!
- Pearl 'The Invincible Shield'. Quite the comical member of Krieg's crew.

Yeah Sanji has to be Zeff's son - he has got that kick technique down to a perfect art.
- Pearl like one of those monkeys with the cymbals clapping them together - and now he is one fire. This is one insane character LMAO.
- Zeff used his peg leg to counter the move. WOAH!
- Pearl was one weird character. Honestly one of the worst mini bosses I've had to deal with lol.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 026
- Ghin with the ultimate betrayal with a gun at Zeff's head. This is why feeding your enemies is never a good example.
- I thought Pearl was out for the count. What a swerve.
- Sanji is getting clobbered by Pearl in this fight.
- All Blue. North, East, South and West Blue. I guess we will visit these other seas perhaps in the future?
- Well this backstory throws my theory out that Zeff is Sanji's Dad.
- Even as a child, Sanji truly had no fear. He wasn't even scared of a legendary pirate captain.
- Zeff actually going out of his way to save Sanji. Even a pirate captain can live a life of honour and values.
- He cut off his own leg to save Sanji! In everything that is sacred to be a pirate, that is truly a sacrifice. Good guy Zeff. Badass Zeff.
- "You got way more than me - you fat old pig!"
- Am really enjoying this flashback episode though.
- Shipwrecked at sea with a limited supply of food. Now it is all starting to make sense. They wouldn't wish starvation on their own worst enemies.
- The loss of dropping the bread into the ocean. This truly is a trial and tribulations origin story.
- The Captain had no food at all. Only treasure. He gave Sanji all of his food.
- Treasure truly is worthless if you can't spend it on anything.

- They both share the same dream of the All Blue. A bond built upon their great dreams of the All Blue finally being discovered.
- That origin story was awesome. At this point better than Zoro's or anyone else we've come across.
- Sanji is going to be an awesome character to have if he joins Luffy's crew.
- A really great episode. This arc on the Baratie is proving to be a lot of fun.

⋆ ⋆
Post automatically merged:

Season One - Episode 027
- Luffy GumGum Battle Axe kick is just insane!
- Luffy wants to sink the ship to end the fight. He is truly a chaotic neutral character.
- Ghin is quite the complex character. A strange character to get my head around.
- I do love that Luffy really isn't scared of anything or anyone, even the ocean isn't really a worry to him.
- Ghin vs. Sanji going to be an interesting duel for sure.
- Sanji's kicking technique is just another level. Seems to get incredible power behind them. Its like he is a windmill that is being powered by a nuclear substation.
- Krieg doesn't even see Luffy as an enemy. Just a distraction that needs to be swatted away.
- Ghin seems to really be a truly deadly tactitian though. The fact he started crying really caught me off guard. Wasn't expect him to have a morale dilemma and refuse to kill Sanji.
- Krieg gas bombing Ghin is such a nuts power move. And to save it for a traitor, is even more deranged.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 028
- A mustard gas style attack truly is an evil attack from Don Krieg.
- Ghin refusing to use a mask and escape punishment, show he is loyal to his word and respects the chain of command and the punishment that comes with refusing orders. Pirate Code seems to have an element of importance, even for those with villainous spirit.
- Luffy just fighting despite all the darts fired at him. Only for Krieg to be in a strange sea porcupine armour. This is a mad fight. What is this absolute madness that we are witnessing.
- Can the fighting spirt of Luffy be matched by anyone? I think losing a battle would be an important life lesson for his character though. An overpowered hero could get boring if he doesn't get knocked down a beg a few times.
- This is quite the battle between Luffy and Krieg. Enjoying what I am witnessing.
- An exploding spear? And he tosses away his cape. When they toss away the cape, you know the boss battle has entered into a different stage. Boss' health bar goes up too full again!
- I do love that everyone from the Baratie continue to refer to Luffy as 'Chore Boy' though. It makes the whole encounter that much more comical.
- What I really don't understand - is why a lot of the battle are one on one and why we aren't being treated to epic team battles. Why not Sanji and Luffy double teaming Krieg. You don't need to fight with honour, if Krieg has none to his character.

⋆ ⋆

Last edited:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Niiiice!
Yeah Gin is kinda a stretch but the more you will appreciate that character and Sanji in East Blue. God the next arc will be a banger. Cant wait for Cake's thoughts on it. Lolol

As someone who’s caught up, it’s interesting to see your thoughts. It’s like, ”why does this happen?” “when will this happen?” and then when it’s explained it’s like “ohhh, okay!” :sanmoji:

I recommend trying to watch the filler episodes if your goal is to watch all of them. They‘re only a dozen episodes at the most, sometimes less than that. If you’re not binge watching then it might be easier to skip it.

Last edited:

Season One - Episode 029
- I love that Luffy just thinks Krieg is lame. Whilst, Don is so confident that this battle is already his victory. Stubborn vs. Stubborn.
- The speed and tenacity of those GumGum Punches - only for this armour seeming to be impenetrable.
- Makes you think if Krieg has saved a bit of money not on his weapons, he would have been able to purchase some food for his crew ahead of time.
- The armour is starting to crack...
- Luffy is an absolute beast at this point. I don't know who is actually going to be able to keep him down for the count.
- And then just like that - Luffy is trapped in a net being pulled towards the ocean.
- Luffy looks like a slinky doing some crazy tornado move. Seriously WTF is going on!
- Luffy is sinking to the bottom of the ocean! Someone needs to save him before he drowns!
- Sanji is diving in to save the day! The Going Merry's cook is going to save his future captain from an untimely demise.
- Luffy has never been more vulnerable.
- Krieg being defeated is quite the epic moment and is a really shift in the balance of things within the environment of the East Blue.
- Krieg is back on his feet and screaming like a maniac. This is insane, that despite everything he is still standing.
- Ghin punching Krieg in the gut and throwing him over his shoulder - despite everything he is loyal to his captain. Hopefully we see this loyal first mate once again and he doesn't actually die from the poison.
- Patty continues to be a defiant and comedic character, and another bonus character that has really brought the laughs during this Baratie arc.
- Oh Nami. I forgot about that traitorous thief Nami. And she is crying, is this guilty or self despair?

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 030
- I love that Luffy freaks about his hat straight away. The only thing that gets him to truly freak out is if that straw hat isn't on his head.
- Sanji telling Luffy about the All Blue. And I have zero faith that Luffy is listening to single word Sanji is saying and is just thinking - cook me a meal chef.
- Despite everything, Sanji and Luffy are forced to sit on the floor. This is not how heroes should be treated!
- Is this all an elaborate ploy to get Sanji to finally leave? On the other hand Luffy just loves food.
- He doesn't care about any of this drama when he is putting food in his belly.
- Now Luffy wants Sanji to want to join his crew.
- What on earth is this coming out of the ocean?
- Yosaku is back! And he is in the mouth of a shark! What on earth is going on? What is this madness!
- Sanji is joining the crew! That is what we like to see!
- The relationship between Zeff and Luffy is awesome though. It is love via the method of insults.
- Zeff is giving Luffy his log book, only for Luffy to reject it. To become the King of the Pirates, he need to forge his own journey.
- A slow, but also necessary episode and some important character development taking place.
- Patty and his dude tried to get a sneak attack in for old times sakes, only to deflected away with ease.

- Sanji is actually sad. This is the level of emotion we needed to witness. This is the love that we knew that was sitting below the surface.
- All the cooks are going to miss their Sous Chef!
- Only a true pirate is capable of crying when parting ways on the open seas! Hopefully we see the Baratie again. Maybe. One day.
- Where on earth is Nami taking the ship? It looks super ominous...

⋆ ⋆ ½

Last edited:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Ah yes good ol Baratie. Now more more more! Let's see what Nami is up to. :3

Also fun fact: Sanji is kinda one of my favs in the crew. In the LA, Usopp is best for me lol.
But also all respects to Nami actress.

Zeff is also just so great.

Season One - Episode 031
- half way through the season - 61 episodes is so friggin' big!
- oh I forgot, Sanji has a massive crush on Nami.
- the infamous Arlong? who is this individual?
- Fishman Island? So much information, and so hard to process without details.
- Seven Warlords! Authorized by the government. A level of political intrigue added to the framework of this story.
- Too many names to keep track off. Information overload from Yosaku.
- Nami's hometown is this Arlong Park? Okay the level of intrigue has risen.
- Arlong's crew is a real group of unique individuals and they must certainly are not human. Fishmen makes perfect sense now.
- Nami is on first name terms with Arlong? This red haired sea wench!
- Johnny and Usopp dying up Zoro is incredibly funny - didn't see that coming. Being left behind is the ultimate insult to our green haired God.
- Johnny and Usopp are quite the comedic duo. Really enjoying that they both bring to the show together.
- Even if they are cowards. Complete and utter cowards.
- This village has been absolutley devasted - I guess we have some more tough enemies to look forward to.

- A fishman wearing a flowery shirt is quite the look. I am digging it.
- Who is this blue haired lady - and oof she just clobbered Usopp with a hammer.
- All the stuff that is going on, and Luffy is about to be treated to a truly splendid meal.
- Really am enjoying the world building that we are being provided for this new story arc - that I am guessing is going to be built around Arlong.
- I am really loving all the different fishmen though.
- Zoro really is a tough son of a bitch! He truly isn't scared of anyone, even as he stares directly at Arlong even whilst bound.
- Part of me thinks that - the writers actually changed their mind and rewrote the Nami character. I really don't buy that she originally was a pirate who was part of another crew. This is my first real complaint.
- Episode was great though, fantastic building of world.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 032
- what is this strange fish swimming underneath the water? Love that Luffy, Sanji and Yosaku are casually eating.
- A sea cow? Its absolutely massive! And super cute.
- And Luffy punches the cow! Of course he does, nothing more valuable than food too Luffy.
- I take back the cute. Not that cute after all. A MooMoo Kaiju!
- Nojiko if I am type that right. Has potential badass qualities. And she has zero chill.
- Is Usopp flirting or at least trying too? I do enjoy that he still keep referring to himself as a Captain.
- Nami and Nojiko are sisters. This whole environment just got that much more complex.
- Zoro is suave and slick. And Nami is conflicted by our green haired God diving into the pool.
- Nami dived into to save him. She is really revealing her true self to Arlong. She really does have a soul.
- Long nosed weird looking guy...damn Pinocchio!
- I am really looking forward to the future battles with the Fishmen that no doubt are set to occur in the future.
- Nami really can't make her mind up. I wonder what her true motivations are.
- A brutal slam by Arlong. This guy really is a really son of a bitch, and absolutley gigantic.

- Arlong just lifting a house by its foundation, how is he so strong. He is a genetic freak.
- Nami truly delusional for believing this pirate lord is going to honor his deal.
- The MooMoo Kaiju has been tamed as a sea beast to move the ship.

⋆ ⋆