Episode Discussion CakeWalker Discovers One Piece: Season One - East Blue

Season One - Episode 033
- Can't believe they've made that MooMoo Kaiju pull their boat!
- I do love how much of effing monster Arlong is.
- Arlong is like the stealth man, when he has the natural environment to work with. Remains me sort of The End.
- Zoro just sitting on the a throne with enemies left right and center, and just look so casual about it.
- Octupus Fishman looks sort of stupid. Not going to lie.
- So many full members of Arlong groups are down!
- Pulling Usopp by his nose. That is not a good look for Captain Usopp!
- Wow Usopp curled his nose back like a snail shell.
- Interesting to see how Nami plays this all out.
- I love Usopp has all these unique catapult.
- She stabbed him. What a gosh darn sea wench!

- Luffy finally going to arrive on the scene. He has taken long enough [I'm realizing he was doing stuff, so I like the continuity]
- MooMoo looks exhausted.
- Everyone scared, Luffy laughing. Maniac!
- A flying boat going over the sea wall - WTF!
- Zoro getting run over by a boat, is so on point for his character's luck
- Who is the mystery person walking on the beach?

⋆ ⋆

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう

Season One - Episode 033
- Can't believe they've made that MooMoo Kaiju pull their boat!
- I do love how much of effing monster Arlong is.
- Arlong is like the stealth man, when he has the natural environment to work with. Remains me sort of The End.
- Zoro just sitting on the a throne with enemies left right and center, and just look so casual about it.
- Octupus Fishman looks sort of stupid. Not going to lie.
- So many full members of Arlong groups are down!
- Pulling Usopp by his nose. That is not a good look for Captain Usopp!
- Wow Usopp curled his nose back like a snail shell.
- Interesting to see how Nami plays this all out.
- I love Usopp has all these unique catapult.
- She stabbed him. What a gosh darn sea wench!

- Luffy finally going to arrive on the scene. He has taken long enough [I'm realizing he was doing stuff, so I like the continuity]
- MooMoo looks exhausted.
- Everyone scared, Luffy laughing. Maniac!
- A flying boat going over the sea wall - WTF!
- Zoro getting run over by a boat, is so on point for his character's luck
- Who is the mystery person walking on the beach?

⋆ ⋆
get to the good stuff already

Season One - Episode 034
- Nami has to maintain her cold exterior to follow through on her task to protect her village.
- Sanji has a crush on Nami despite everything. This guy is funny AF!
- Sanji and Zoro having heat is also spicy.
- Luffy just lying down in the middle of the road and falling asleep. LMFAO!
- The Marines! Finally an alignment we can rely on - and they fired a cannon ball. Arlong caught it in his mouth and crushed it.
- He is a god damn demon king!
- Ship #77 likely going to get one hell of an ass whooping.
- Those guys got absolutely smoked.
-Johnny and Yosaku are both smart. Get out of dodger as soon as possible.
- Usopp is alive! Nami stabbed herself. She isn't heartless at all.
- Zoro and Sanji go to fight and Usopp gets caught in the crossfire. Tough break for "Captain Usopp!"
- Nojiko and Nami are quite the sister pairing. Perhaps we should just ditch Nami and get Nojiko instead to join the crew.
- The flashbacks being things we haven't seen before are also a good touch.
- Sanji is such a god damn simp. This gimmick is going to get on my nerves if this is his character the entire time.
- Luffy gives zero shits about anyone's backstory. All he cares about is the present and the future.
- That rat looking Marine is back again...

⋆ ⋆
Post automatically merged:

Season One - Episode 037
- Despite everything, Arlong having an agreement and seeing there being nothing word than breaking his bond when it comes to money seems like he at least has moral grounding.
- Nami is going to kick these marine's asses.
- Genzo is also quite the character, even if his hat is - incredibly unique.
- The Marines truly are corrupt in every degree. They are the biggest pirate crew in the world.
- WTF! Nojiko just got shot by that Rat Captain!
- Nami is going on an absolute mega rage! Nami vs. Arlong has all the making of some insane fight. I wonder what Nami secret skills are going to look like.
- You've been tricked by a clever usage of words. Arlong truly is a sneaky son of a beach!
- Usopp calling Sani "Love Cook" is a funny nickname.
- Has Nami completely lost her mind? She can no longer carry the weight on her shoulders anymore.
- The village want to release Nami from her vow.
- This dying for no good reason, is so strange though. Like there is no logic to the village charging to fight the Fishmen.
- Damn she is stabbing her arm and destroying the tattoo on her arm. The rage and emotion is real.
- Now that Luffy has been asked to help - this whole situation has changed.
- Nami actually wearing Luffy's straw hat. Luffy punching through the wall...
[looking at the One Piece guide, the uploaded episodes were put up in the wrong order, so I missed two episodes. GRRR!]

⋆ ⋆

Last edited:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
only 2 stars for one of the greatest moments in East Blue damn, maybe it would have hit harder with the manga
catded

Season One - Episode 035
- Watching this episode back to front is sort of annoying, but I hate missing potential content.
- I love that Luffy just walked right past the Fishmen without a care in the world.
- Now we can get this flashback information?
- The tangerines clearly have an important part of Nami's backstory.
- Even at a young age Nami was a little thief - she just couldn't help herself.
- Finally we will learn who Bellemere is - she certainly has a unique as hell hair cut.
- Nojiko and Nami are a pair of naughty brats!
- Nojiko and Nami aren't real sisters? And she slapped Nami for saying that? Yikes! Child abuse at the center of this character's backstory. No wonder she has such a difficult time forming bonds with others in the present day. Bellemere is a bit of a bitch.
- This flashback within a flashback is even more intense. The trio are survivors and came together when there was nothing else in the world for all three of them, coming from a wretched place. The trio were even born in the village, they came from afar.
- Bellemere was a marine? That makes sense, why she isn't able to control her anger and is clearly a flawed person.
- Have got to feel for Nami, she truly has had a terrible childhood.
- And then the Arlong Pirates arrive - and any joy is taken away in an instant. And that ship is an absolute monster of a ship.
- This episode would have been much more useful in sync - and helped to understand the frustration of Nami even more.
- This has been a good episode though, the character development that was needed previous, but I am glad I got it.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 036
- Arlong arriving at Bellemere's house is already showing signs of a potential fight.
- Damn Bellemere nailing Arlong with a kick out of nowhere. This chick is a really badass!
- He just bit into the gun like it was nothing. Arlong truly is a Demon King! Imagine if he ate a devil fruit!
- Bellemere doesn't have the coin, so is forced to die for not paying the life duty tax.
- A brutal murder has just taken place! OMG! Arlong is a fucking monster.
- And thi is how Genzo ended up being so scared and left in a body of tatters and stitches to look like a permanent patchwork man. Crikey blimey Arlong and his crew truly are the worst. This flashback information would really have helped make #37 be more powerful and impactful. Actually going to go back and increase its rating - because the arm forming to storm Arlong Park hits harder now.
- This makes so much more sense why Nami joined Arlong's crew now.
- Nami is a selfless hero disgusing as thief pretending to be a pirate to make sure no one she loves ever dies again.
- This whole backstory has really added so much more depth to this entire story.
- Nami was putting a whole lot of work and collecting so much gold for the village. 100,000,000 berries! What a target, and she almost achieved it too.
- Luffy just loves the a pinwheel is on a hat. Such a strange character.
- This backstory would have been so much better in its correct order. I was robbed! I WAS ROBBED! YOU DISHONOR ME!

⋆ ⋆

Last edited:

Season One - Episode 038
- Luffy walking into Arlong Park without a care in the world is so on point for his character.
- Luffy just straight up punching Arlong in the face rather than answering his question!!!
- Johnny & Yosaku are always gread additions.
- Its the MooMoo Kaiju! He sees Luffy and Sanji and tries to swim away - seems Arlong is a great motivator though. What does he have on this cow-like monster?
- I love that Zoro knows Luffy enough to tell Sanji to follow him inside, cause no doubt we going to see some GumGum DumDum powers lol.
- Never thought I'd see a giant cow sea monster used like a giant flail of doom.
- Time see the underbosses get involved.
- Luffy inked spray and squashed by Hatchan. This would be an embarrassing end for our captain?
- Don't insult Nami in front of Sanji. This guy will not tolerate insults towards his crush!!!
- Even Usopp is getting involved. SUPER BATTLE!
- Arlong threw Luffy into the sea, with his feet in a concrete block.
- And now we have the grounds for a perfect tag team battle. Zoro & Sanji vs. Hatchan and Kuroobi.
- We are building towards epic moments...

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 039
- Luffy trapped at the bottom of the East Blue - Zoro needs to win this battle PDQ!
- That Octopus got himself a little bit of barberism early on in this battle.
- Hatchan really seems like someone that Zoro should be beating with ease - seems like a bit of a troll character.
- Kuroobi on the otherhand seems like someone that is going to offer much more of a challenge to our fine crew.
- Genzo is another awesome character that has emerged from this arc.
- Oh yeah Zoro is still suffering from his fight with that super powerful dude, whose name I've forgotten. This makes more sense now.
- Damn Sanji got one hell of a mega punch through that wall. HOLY SMOKES!
- The way of the six blades being able to create a tornado. Okay Hatchan/Hatchi is a lot more interesting than I gave him credit for.
- Zoro WILL. NOT. QUIT!
- Usopp does bring the comedy, does remind a bit of Road Runner from Looney Toons.
- The three sword style is up, is it time for some calimari?
- Hatchi calling Zoro a son of a bitch. Okay now! Things getting emotional in this battle now for sure.
- Well Zoro just destroyed that six armed freak with a truly impressive move.
- Nami to the battle. GO!
- I do love the back and forth banter between Zoro and Sanji - I would if the bravado will ever drop and turn into friendship?
- OMFG im dying of laugh - they made Luffy look like a some bizzare gumgum giraffe man! LMAO!
- Whilst, this is all going on Arlong is just sitting in this throne watching it as if it were a show.
- Arlong's laugh is piercing and Usopp is still running. Very enjoyable episode.

⋆ ⋆ ½

Season One - Episode 040
- Sanji grabbing Kuroobi hair in the water is a dirty attack, but when you are not in your own environment is anything ever really dirty?
- Fishman Karate is also a very cool concept.
- Sanji is an expert on taking a beating, but this seems like an underwater nightmare he is being put through and the relentless taunts and smack talk.
- Big brain Sanji even whilst drowning figures out a way of find a solution (but how come Genzo can breath for so long???)
- Sanji's kick are like damn axe strikes. The power of a dwarven forge!
- That last book sent him through the entire building - was what Sweet Chin Music? Is Sanji a sexy boy for Nami?
- A victory for Zoro and Sanji as it stands? Perhaps both those fishmen will return to the battle, hard to tell but this arc is going hard.
- What did Big Lips do to Usopp? That looks more like jam than blood. Is Usopp playing possum? Oh Ketchup - sneaky Captain Usopp!
- I love that he is already coming up with excuses for why isn't going to come back to Arlong Park (but how long can this sort of character exist in this realm?)
- Usopp is going to drop his coward mantle, think of the Usopp Pirates and fight with honour!
- And then he got absolutly obliterated by Bip Lips...DAMN!
- But then he pulls out the hammer and then hide routine. HAHAHAHA!
- Squirt Cannon and Squirt Machinegun are deadly weapons. Yowzaaaaa!
- He turned him into a deconstructed Molotov Sushi Cocktail!
- I guess that is what you call Hammer Time!
- I was discounting him, but once again Usopp has proven me wrong. Don't sleep on this cunning weasel.
- Arlong has power on another level - that I can't even begin to understand. A weakened Sanji and Zoro are going to be no match for him.
- What a great line by Nami to close the episode "I'm here to kill you!" What a great line to close the episode on.
- And overall what a great episode in general, really great build up but also bringing the punches and twists in all the right places.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 041
- Oh yeah Nami had made her intentions known to kill Arlong.
- Arlong giving Nami an option to become a surveyor for life - sounds like indentured servitude.
- Nami in the straw hat though is a real look. I think its really suited her.
- Fight to the death! No more bending the knee to the fish men!
- Luffy is alive!!!
- Zoro with a strike just underneath Arong's eye and holds the position preventing him entering the water. A certain defeat on the cards, but all he needs to do is use up time.
- Luffy literally just a talking head and all he is worried about is Genzo's pinwheel. Character is pure writing genius.
- Usopp beating a fishman and mocking the victory in front of Arlong takes the atmosphere of this situation to a whole different level.
- Hatchi slowly pushing back up to his feet, these guys just don't quit. Formidable opponents indeed.
- Arlong's barbed nose is a whole weapon in itself, imagine a Glasgow kiss from that.
- Hatchi jumped into the water - oh man is this battle ever going to end? And did Zoro just be pulverized again? How much more than the Green haired God take?
- Arlong is just brutal tearing of Zoro's bandages whilst holding him in a throat grip.
- Even after everything Zoro is still laughing, this guy is literally demented haha!
- Hatchi just exploded in the water - well RIP that Octopushy.
- Sanji finally managed to free Luffy from his concrete block nightmare.
- Luffy pulls Zoro out of Arlong's grip with his GumGum stretch.
- One thing is clear and that the power of the devilfruit really has turned Luffy into a leviathan of a fighter.
- And then Luffy is casually stretching like he is about to start a gym workout LOL!
- A great ending to the episode, with the fight we've all been waiting for seeming to finally be on the cards.
- Not sure how many episodes of this arc are left, but I can't imagine there is many more.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 042
- I do love the belief of Luffy that he is going to become 'King of the Pirates' one day.
- I love that Luffy is basically calling him stupid and Johnny and Yoshi and just chiming in.
- Luffy using swords? Say what now? Arlong literally just biting straight through the sword. This guy is a god damn freak.
- He shattered the fishman's teeth with a punch. This is already building to another level of crazy, I can tell already.
- A Rubber Brain is a comical and also pretty honest description of Luffy though LOL.
- This guy can just instant grow new teeth. This is next level overpowered fighting pirates. Making Don Krieg look soft. And then using own old sets of teeth has weapons. That is some creative thinking by the writers. Its like a castanets vibe as well, a little bit of a Spanish twist.
- Luffy loves to play the fool, but I don't think his comedy routine is going to cut it in this battel.
- That torpedo shark attack is next level. These fishmen are on another level. WOW WOW WOW!
- Luffy. WILL. NOT. HIDE.
- Although Luffy is making ground, it is like he i only motivating Arlong more and its like putting explosives into a volcano. This mudda fudda going to end up erupting very soon.
- The Saw Blade? That is one cool looking weapon. At this rate Arlong is going to destroy Arlong Park and having nothing to show for it, even if he does manage to win the encounter.
- This is about so much more than just proving who is the best fighter. This is about the love vs. want of Nami and her skills as a Navigator!

⋆ ⋆ ½

get to the good stuff already
I feel like I'm closer if not already at the goof stuff now.

Season One - Episode 043
- I love that Arlong is making this villian's speech and Luffy is literally not paying any real attention to what is being said.
- Luffy just destroyed the Saw Blade, but just sitting down and using his GumGum strength? Incredible.
- Never has their been so much drama and tension because of a desk before.
- Luffy is destroying anything, his rage will build up and he will be unstoppable. Right?
- Destroying the resources and charts is a truly brilliant way to cripple the Fishmen.
- Arlong is biting into Luffy's neck like a damn vampire or perhaps werewolf. It looks monstrous!
- Holy smokes he just broke Arlong's nose!
- There is almost an element of Hulk Smash taking place in this fight and I am loving the rage that Luffy is bringing. Pure anger and fire. And just likes that Arlong Park is collapsing into rubble.
- "NAMI! NAMI YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY FRIEND" that is one powerful line.
- Sanji going to hug Nojiko, but she is hugging Genzo instead and our chef just splashes into the water. LOL.
- Let the people of Cocoyashi Village forever cheer Luffy as their hero!
- Nami placing the hat back on Luffy's head feel like a really pivotal moment in both character's development and the High 5 to follow it up.
- And just when you think it is all over - that Rat looking Marine pops out of nowhere. I hope we meet some Marines that are lawful good. These guys stink.
- Arlong has been well and truly defeated and most certainly the great victory for our crew so far.
- A bounty is being placed on Straw Hat Luffy! This is the type of infamy that will earn him credibility and fame in the world of the pirates.
- I feel that although, the Zoro fight with the Hawk Eye was the most epic I think we've seen so far. This episode and the latter stage of the arc made it the most important episode of the series so far. It felt like a real important and crowning moment for the crew and might even by in my opinion the best overall episode so far. This arc has been pretty awesome.

⋆ ⋆ ½

Season One - Episode 044
- The celebrations with Cocoyashi Village is well received, they can not be conflict without the good times too.
- I love that Luffy is jsut stuffing his face and the kid calls him goofy haha.
- Luffy is looking for a bard and a doctor for the ship. Yes! We need music!
- Nami is going to leave the village and continue her adventure on the Going Merry?
- The kid with his corn is very mature with his views on the world.
- Nami removing the title is also an important moment for her and fully claiming her freedom.
- Hard to work out what Genzo's relationship with Bellemere was, its very vague.
- Luffy is hilarious the amount of food he eats.
- I love Genzo telling Luffy, that if any of the crew hurt Nami he will kill them.
- Nami talking to the ghost of Bellemere and getting no reply, is also a great angle to offer the audience.
- Sorted of gutted that Johnny and Yosaku aren't staying as part of the crew. I thought they would make good additions.
- Nami attempting to pull off an Irish Goodbye.
- Did Nami just rob all the villagers before she left. HAHAHAHAHAHA!
- We've got the old sneaky red haired thief back.
- A tattoo of a tangerine and a pinwheel. A nice touch. And we finally get an explanation for why he wore it on his hat.
- Episode was slow, but still purposeful. I believe I've got one more episode and then the arc is fully completed.

⋆ ⋆

Season One - Episode 045
- A bird that delivers newspaper? Okay. Another animal that I can get behind.
- Sanji needs to stop simping. This isn't not the way Kick King! ]
- What on earth mad everyone scream so loud?
- Ooooh a new location with so many different marines present.
- Luffy has a bounty placed on him worth 30m berries! Well I suppose he has brought down some big name pirates. You'd think these marines would just be grateful.
- The marines are an organization that we really need to be given more information about, I feel there is so much that hasn't been fleshed out yet.
- Its nice to see how Kya and Merry are reacting to this news of the pirate bounty. Touching back on pasts arcs adds really body.
- And that pinked haired kid. Cody? Coby? Meh.
- Captain Morgan in a jail cell! Well that means we might just see him again, I did think his character had a whole level of untapped potential.
- This going round and seeing how everyone is reaction is just overall really interesting.
- Sanji is fuming that Uspopp is in the poster and he isn't. The most infamous back of the head that has ever existed.
- Zoro is literally excited about the potential sword battles he could have based on potential bounty hunters and marines that would come after them. Dude is a savage.
- So far a very peaceful and tranquil episode. Certainly feels like they are closing the pages of one arc and getting ready to move onto another.
- The newspaper bird is really winning my favour though.
- Fullbody/Iron First seems to have really fallen down hill since the encounter at the Baratie. A redemption story is certainly something that will spice up this occasion and sort of thought the character was fairly interesting. Its a shame for him his Marines seem to be bottom of the barrel.
- And The Going Merry just sails right past them and Luffy is just smiling at Iron Fist LOL
- Luffy literally thinks he is stranded and wants some help. WOW! Major blow to the ego.
- Holy Shit! Zoro just sliced a cannon ball in half midflight. What the Fred is dead!
- As soon as he saw Sanji he literally pooped in his pants....
- Its Hawk Eye!!! But who are these random pirates?
- Its Shanks and his crew? But Shanks has lost an arm??? What happened?
- Shanks and Hawkeye being chums of sort is also such an unexpected turn of events, but I suppose I really don't know anything about Shanks.
- "His dream or fate" fate? Say what now Mr. Mayor?
- Priority #1 Stop at an island and collect meat.
- Log Town and the place of Gold D. Roger? Well sounds like the sort of place we should visit then!
- A number of pirates who I don't recognize holding Luffy's bounty.
- A solid enough ending to this arc.

This was my Original Tier List after twenty episodes, but after 45 and completing Arlong back might to revise some of my choices.

- I've added E & F to add a bit more balance and spacing as some might have been more closely placed than others.
- As much as I enjoy ChouChou, I've been forced to drop them down to an A rating. Also Onion, Carrot and Pepper have also dropped down to a more reasonable B.
- Sanji jumps up a few tiers for me, whilst Captain Morgan and Iron Fist both drop down the order based on introductions of others.
- Johnny and Yosaku also get the respect they have earned and get bumped up too.
- Usuopp and Shanks still hold position for me. With Shanks I've not seen enough to real form an opinion and I really don't know who his crew at all yet.
- The rest, I am just going to place into the grid and you can share your thoughts if you want.

Last edited:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
took a break after Arlong Park arc. Probably start again after the weekend. Series is very long lol
You might catch up when the series is about to end. So I would say no rush. Taking a week break or so is totally gucci. We manga readers are also just jumping from breaks to breaks lol

Season One - Episode 046
- Not watched OP for nearly two months it seems.
- There does seem to be simply not enough crew members working on a ship of this size - we need more crew members.
- What happened to Buggy? Are we going to cut across to another location to find out? It seems so.
- Little Buggy is sort of cute.
- That little yellow bird is also super cute.
- Chasing after him with a knife and fork is for sure a great comedy moment to help introduce Little Buggy.
- This big blue bird is not stupid at all and is trying to eat the clown captain. And just fired him off into the air.
- Buggy flying across in the background like an airplane is pretty funny. This episode is proving to be very comical and fun already.
- Gaimon Island! This is epic! The greatest of all the rare animals.
- Its Gaimon! This proving to be a very wholesome return to the show for me.
- I love that the animals are just watching on almost cluelessly as Gaimon and Buggy battle each other.
- Well I guess these two are friends now.
- Drawing comparisons between Buggy and Luffy makes for some interesting storytelling.
- Sorry I forgot to warn you about the monsters....and a Giant Crab Kaiju appears.
- Who is this female captain? On this ship with heart sails? The ship is in the shape of a heart too. An interesting and unique setup.
- Who is this mystery new female character? This series really does a good job of populating the world though.

Season One - Episode 046
- Not watched OP for nearly two months it seems.
- There does seem to be simply not enough crew members working on a ship of this size - we need more crew members.
- What happened to Buggy? Are we going to cut across to another location to find out? It seems so.
- Little Buggy is sort of cute.
- That little yellow bird is also super cute.
- Chasing after him with a knife and fork is for sure a great comedy moment to help introduce Little Buggy.
- This big blue bird is not stupid at all and is trying to eat the clown captain. And just fired him off into the air.
- Buggy flying across in the background like an airplane is pretty funny. This episode is proving to be very comical and fun already.
- Gaimon Island! This is epic! The greatest of all the rare animals.
- Its Gaimon! This proving to be a very wholesome return to the show for me.
- I love that the animals are just watching on almost cluelessly as Gaimon and Buggy battle each other.
- Well I guess these two are friends now.
- Drawing comparisons between Buggy and Luffy makes for some interesting storytelling.
- Sorry I forgot to warn you about the monsters....and a Giant Crab Kaiju appears.
- Who is this female captain? On this ship with heart sails? The ship is in the shape of a heart too. An interesting and unique setup.
- Who is this mystery new female character? This series really does a good job of populating the world though.

Gaimon chads we mainstream.

Season One - Episode 047
- Episodes not being in the correct order online is so annoying though. God damn it! (appears as #54 on the site I am using...curses!)
- I guess its now time to find out what happened to Buggy's crew.
- Its nice to see that these characters are still very much alive though, add more drama and atmosphere to this debut season.
- His crew weeping for him is kind of sweet. A memorial service for their clown leader.
- And now a battle to see who will lead the Buggy Pirates!
- Mohji versus Cabaji does come off as the most random of boxing matches that seems to be last for a very very long time LOL.
- They have both pummeled the crap out of each other, damn they are so bloated and bruised.
- Richie having a dream that he is the captain? Now there is something about that, that seems to really make sense. Even if this is a trippy LSD dream sequence.
- Captain Richie! What a turn of events. That is pretty fucking cool. Especially considering he won the right, when he was sleeping walking. Amazing.
- The Bear Claw tribe!
- Buggy's crew got smoked.
- Who is this female character? Calling her Captain Heart for now.
- They are all being cooked alive!

- Buggy regaining the control of the rest of his body - okay this should be good now.
- Full form Buggy!
- Buggy doesn't even know her name either? Are we not going to be told this information?
- Next full chapter. Logue Town.