Discussion Power Can anyone in the manga beat Lucius?

Can anyone in the manga beat Lucius?

• Total voters
Correct me if I am wrong, but we weren't introduced to the phenomena of getting a devil's power through their heart before Lucius? It also makes sense to me that he ate Astaroth's heart firstly and learned that way.
Yeah, I don't recall anything of the sort before Lucius did it. I'm also still waiting for a possible explanation as to why Lucifero had two hearts. Could it be that, similarly to Lilith and Namaah, he was also the fusion of two demons? I mean, I find it really odd. If the four wings and horns are supposed to be a distinction for Supreme Devils, then why Adramelech (who should be above Lilith and Namaah even in their fused state theoretically) doesn't have them? Megicula also doesn't appear to have them. Neither Beelzebub (one of the Three Rulers).

So, judging by what we've seen, the four wings and horns isn't something that most Supreme Devils have. Only Lilith and Namaah in their fused state, and Lucifero have them. So this could point out that Lucifero is more than one entity. Damnatio pointed out that he was also called Satan. Maybe Lucifero and Satan are the two entities (fused as one) that conform the ruler of Gravity.

BTW, br0 you got the coldest avy on the forum. No cap.
Thanks man, yours is also really good.

Btw #2 be more active in the BC section my man.
The focus is on Lucius/Julius in this final arc. You bet I'm going to be way more active here :myman:

BTW #3 lmao, you on CSM hype yet?
You mean Chainsaw Man? If that's the case I already read it a long time ago. Savage manga in more than one way. Can't wait for the anime adaptation. If MAPPA does it as good as the Jujutsu Kaisen adaptation, then oof... Already sweating from the thought.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Yeah, I don't recall anything of the sort before Lucius did it. I'm also still waiting for a possible explanation as to why Lucifero had two hearts. Could it be that, similarly to Lilith and Namaah, he was also the fusion of two demons? I mean, I find it really odd. If the four wings and horns are supposed to be a distinction for Supreme Devils, then why Adramelech (who should be above Lilith and Namaah even in their fused state theoretically) doesn't have them? Megicula also doesn't appear to have them. Neither Beelzebub (one of the Three Rulers).

So, judging by what we've seen, the four wings and horns isn't something that most Supreme Devils have. Only Lilith and Namaah in their fused state, and Lucifero have them. So this could point out that Lucifero is more than one entity. Damnatio pointed out that he was also called Satan. Maybe Lucifero and Satan are the two entities (fused as one) that conform the ruler of Gravity.
That's a very good point. He might have been a mix of Lucifero and Satan. The heart thing can be explained imo like he had one heart but it was split up between bodies, because he only managed to transfer 50 percent of his body to Earth. But the rest can make sense imo.

Thanks man, yours is also really good.
Thanks.

The focus is on Lucius/Julius in this final arc. You bet I'm going to be way more active here :myman:
:finally:

You mean Chainsaw Man? If that's the case I already read it a long time ago. Savage manga in more than one way. Can't wait for the anime adaptation. If MAPPA does it as good as the Jujutsu Kaisen adaptation, then oof... Already sweating from the thought.
Yes Chainsaw Man. Good to hear. Are you following part 2 now?

We have a thread for discussion here. I'll add you to the tag list, if that's fine.
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/chainsawman.1655/

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
Another posibility is that he ate Lucifero's heart to increase his own Magic Power and that clock-shaped magic circle is akin to Chrono Stasis.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
Another posibility is that he ate Lucifero's heart to increase his own Magic Power and that clock-shaped magic circle is akin to Chrono Stasis.
Juli could do those easily so Luci does them with even more ease tbh.

What the hell happened in Black Clover?

I didn't even watch the anime let alone read the manga but from the small things that I saw Julius was the character that caught my attention the most.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
What the hell happened in Black Clover?

I didn't even watch the anime let alone read the manga but from the small things that I saw Julius was the character that caught my attention the most.
Why are you here then lol? You sure you wanna know? The experience would be better if you see it for yourself.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
@Light D Lamperouge if your theory about Lucius rewinding time in the Spade Kingdom is true, I would argue that full power Lucifero is easily the strongest in Black Clover with really nobody else in competition for the title.

Perhaps Lucius after eating his heart would have surpassed him though.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
@Light D Lamperouge if your theory about Lucius rewinding time in the Spade Kingdom is true, I would argue that full power Lucifero is easily the strongest in Black Clover with really nobody else in competition for the title.

Perhaps Lucius after eating his heart would have surpassed him though.
Lucius after eating his heart definitely surpassed him by a big margin. He has his innate magic, plus Astaroth's magic, plus probably Lucifero's own magic.

We can say Lucifero>Astaroth, since Lucifero was the defacto ruler of the underworld and boasts about his magical power being the greatest
but Astaroth himself was on his tier
and with Lucius' innate magic imo they'd be at least equal, if not Lucius outright being stronger. Gravity should be a bad matchup for time iirc, so that might have given Lucifero the edge.

Though the Lucifero that appeared on Earth should by all means be equal to the Lucifero we saw in the latest chapter and that one was absolutely slaughtered by Lucius. So I'd favour Lucius over Lucifero even prior to absorbing his heart. And definitely now if he had absorbed his power. Perhaps Lucius needed the others to take care of him not to blow his cover too soon, or something in that vein. And that seems to be the likely outcome since like I said Lucius absolutely demolished the same Lucifero that was on Earth. You could maybe argue that that Lucius was a bit more powerful than previous Lucius that did not eat the heart of the 50 percent Lucifero, but I don't think it would make that big of a difference.

So imo
Current Lucius with Lucifero's magic>(>?)Lucius prior to it>Lucifero>=Astaroth.

Last edited:

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
โ€Ž
and with Lucius' innate magic imo they'd be at least equal, if not Lucius outright being stronger.
We donโ€™t know Luciusโ€™ innate magic do we? The other Zogratis siblings had pretty lackluster innate Magics, their innate Magicโ€™s only appeared OP because they were enhanced by Devil Powers but like..bone, blood, and body magic? That shit is weak bro lol.

Why are you here then lol? You sure you wanna know? The experience would be better if you see it for yourself.
I'm always (and when I saw always I mean always) where I shouldn't be. I've read a few posts here and I have 0 clue about what's happening lol.

Black Clover as a whole isn't very interesting to me. This might be one of the cases where I read a manga only because of 1 specific character.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
We donโ€™t know Luciusโ€™ innate magic do we? The other Zogratis siblings had pretty lackluster innate Magics, their innate Magicโ€™s only appeared OP because they were enhanced by Devil Powers but like..bone, blood, and body magic? That shit is weak bro lol.
We don't know yet. My current theory and the most popular one is that his magic is either brain or soul magic, continuing the theme with the Zogratis family, body, bone and blood. It could be mad hax tbh. Hopefully we'll see it soon.

Imo Astaroth+Lucius>Lucifero>=Astaroth>Lucius with out any devil powers, just on his own. Unless we find out he's extra powerful lmao.

@Seth @Gol D. Roger @Shadowlord123 your thoughts on this?

I'm always (and when I saw always I mean always) where I shouldn't be. I've read a few posts here and I have 0 clue about what's happening lol.

Black Clover as a whole isn't very interesting to me. This might be one of the cases where I read a manga only because of 1 specific character.
LMAO, I feel ya. I read NNT down the line mostly for Escanor and Ban.
Black Clover is mostly fine, but these recent chapters really elevated it for me.

LMAO, I feel ya. I read NNT down the line mostly for Escanor and Ban.
Black Clover is mostly fine, but these recent chapters really elevated it for me.
No *insert X or Y character*? Fuck, I don't care then. Skips every chapter where the character doesn't appear.

Edit: Either that or I'mma read his wiki, every internet page related to him + watch some videos lol

Last edited:
We don't know yet. My current theory and the most popular one is that his magic is either brain or soul magic, continuing the theme with the Zogratis family, body, bone and blood. It could be mad hax tbh. Hopefully we'll see it soon.

Imo Astaroth+Lucius>Lucifero>=Astaroth>Lucius with out any devil powers, just on his own. Unless we find out he's extra powerful lmao.

@Seth @Gol D. Roger @Shadowlord123 your thoughts on this?
Hard to say. Lucifero has definitely been portrayed as the strongest demon, yet we've also been told multiple times that the Underworld has three Rulers. Based on this, Lucifero should be above them, but not by an overwhelming amount. The other two should be capable of somewhat competing with him and threaten him, otherwise there'd only be one Ruler the way I see it.

We also don't know if Lucius really has Astaroth's full power or not. I assume he has it, but the truth is that we don't really know what kind of relationship these two have, nor what Astaroth's current status is.

The fact that he choose to wait until this point to do what he did strongly implies either one of these two things IMO:

A. He couldn't have defeated Full Power Lucifero on his own and had to wait for him to be considerably nerfed (half of his power taken away and presumably already absorbed by him).

B. He might have been capable of defeating him, but he wasn't sure at all of suceeding. AKA, they were on very similar levels beforehand and couldn't afford to take any major risk for his plan.

What's clear to me is that the current events HEAVILY tipped the scales in his favour. Not only Lucifero lost half of his power, but Lucius presumably had already consumed one of his hearts (and half of his power?) before facing him on the 7th Level of the Underworld. Lucius presumably became significantly stronger, while Lucifero became much weaker.

I think best case scenario for Lucius, they were on similar levels before these events, but him being beneath Full Power Lucifero is also very possible.

We kinda don't know how strong Lucius could've been on his own prior to having any devil power, but it's very likely he was insignificant to any of the Three Rulers of the Underworld. That is, his own strength added to Astaroth's wouldn't have made much of a difference compared to the strength Astaroth had on his own (assuming Lucius has Astaroth's full power), most likely.