[FNZ] Role Madness Castlevania : What is a Man? - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
My suicide bomber isn't limited so I can always try again tonight. On the other hand, Yo Tan Wa is claiming a result that we know is mechanically impossible to have occured so that's probably where we should lynch.

Vote: Yo Tan Wa

I know most of you are chomping at the bit to lynch me but there is actually no explanation possible for his result with a lightning rod in play. A lightning rod that we can verify by the night write up.

Yep - the wording is that I activate/prime first and then regardless of whether the actual kill works, I'll die. But I need to prime first, and if that gets affected then it's basically like I'm instructing Kiku to blow up hence why it auto fails. You can ask Dante how he would resolve actions that, if redirected, would cause the target to become invalid.
Activating Prime is targeting someone with kill, it doesn't matter if target is killed or not, you are supposed to die.

How will it auto fail in this scenario if kill on Kiku is failed?

It's unnecessary complicated if true. I'll ask Dante, but you can claim the ability is however right now. After Fuji result we let you be last day phase because you promised you'd self resolve. Now that didn't happen.
The chances of Ekko Targeting you were slim N0 when he only had one shot.
Then you were guessing he must have did it with Cubey. That again turned out untrue.

I'll sort out this mess after waking up🤦

My suicide bomber isn't limited so I can always try again tonight. On the other hand, Yo Tan Wa is claiming a result that we know is mechanically impossible to have occured so that's probably where we should lynch.

Vote: Yo Tan Wa

I know most of you are chomping at the bit to lynch me but there is actually no explanation possible for his result with a lightning rod in play. A lightning rod that we can verify by the night write up.
Hes not going to claim resulsts after knowing a lightning rod from Kiku happened.

Im so fucking tilted right now, this is really annoying me.

I dont like any of this.

1. It was already a struggle to not use the funniest move in mafia night 0, no way I could hold on to that for more than a night

2. If I didn't use it then I would be the unconfirmed one and then I'd be on the chopping block

3. I expected that if Ratchet was telling the truth about his ability that he'd die anyway. In fact, that's what I still expect. His explanation doesn't seem plausible to me
Kiku can you clarify with host, how your ability will affect tracking ability.

Ratchet

All the Lightning rod did was redirect you towards Kiku you should still die.
Can you try reading my explanation please. I'm not just going to repeat myself endlessly for your amusement.

Suicide Bomber works in two stages. The first is that the user primes, which kills them. The second is that the kill it's using resolves. If the first stage is redirected then mechanically, what I do is prime Kiku. That's invalid and thus fails. Thus no kill.

We have 3 failed kills.

1 is Mafia
1 is Serial
1 is Yoho

So you can see that my kill didn't fail. So either it doesn't exist, in which case, I'm finished, or it failed in a way that wouldn't be reported, I.e. it was never primed. Are you following?

Now setting aside whether I claim something self resolving and then never self resolve, between myself and Yo Tan Wa you have two mech results. But with me, there is plenty of ways when you really think about it to have been affected. For Yo Tan Wa? It's impossible. The lightning rod would move his target to Kiku. There is no circumstance possible that exists where his results, with a confirmed lightning rod in play, can result in him receiving that Michelle targeted Michelle.

That's why he's the lynch. I'll be cleared tonight assuming there is no more lightning rod. I had no idea we would have a lightning rod which is why it didn't even cross my mind.

Now is that explained enough? Do I need to lay out my thoughts more? Or are you actually going to accept what I'm saying for the time being?

Ratchet

Hes not going to claim resulsts after knowing a lightning rod from Kiku happened.

Im so fucking tilted right now, this is really annoying me.

I dont like any of this.
You're arguing WIFOM when it's mechanically impossible. What are you doing, sincerely.

Can you try reading my explanation please. I'm not just going to repeat myself endlessly for your amusement.

Suicide Bomber works in two stages. The first is that the user primes, which kills them. The second is that the kill it's using resolves. If the first stage is redirected then mechanically, what I do is prime Kiku. That's invalid and thus fails. Thus no kill.

We have 3 failed kills.

1 is Mafia
1 is Serial
1 is Yoho

So you can see that my kill didn't fail. So either it doesn't exist, in which case, I'm finished, or it failed in a way that wouldn't be reported, I.e. it was never primed. Are you following?

Now setting aside whether I claim something self resolving and then never self resolve, between myself and Yo Tan Wa you have two mech results. But with me, there is plenty of ways when you really think about it to have been affected. For Yo Tan Wa? It's impossible. The lightning rod would move his target to Kiku. There is no circumstance possible that exists where his results, with a confirmed lightning rod in play, can result in him receiving that Michelle targeted Michelle.

That's why he's the lynch. I'll be cleared tonight assuming there is no more lightning rod. I had no idea we would have a lightning rod which is why it didn't even cross my mind.

Now is that explained enough? Do I need to lay out my thoughts more? Or are you actually going to accept what I'm saying for the time being?
IlL bE ClEarED TOnIghT, no you wont.

Ratchet

This is strictly just facts. Lightning rods go first and the redirect everything. Either Kiku is lying about it redirecting everything or Yo Tan Wa is lying. There is no other possibility here!

This is not what you said here: You just added the priming part in today or did I miss something.
Sigh.

Suicide Bomber Forced Bodyguard

Suicide Bomber is a Vig kill that kills me regardless of whether my kill works.
Bodyguard is a protect that kills me if my target is killed.
Forced affects Bodyguard, I'm told that if I don't use Suicide Bomber, I must use bodyguard, and I'm not able to select the target of Bodyguard. Seems to be determined by flavour.

I hinted this from the very start by saying I don't think I'm going to be around for long. Also, I didn't counterclaim Kiku for two reasons - 1 is that dupe roles in a Dante game is not unusual, and two (and more importantly) the claim is self-resolving. The problem now of course is that if I'm blocked I still die and my kill doesn't go off.

Character is Bird (sub weapon). Flavour mentions that this is a category rather than a single character.

@Fujishiro Now can you explain why I needed to claim this today instead of you waiting for 1 phase? I don't need to know your mech as you're not going to be faking it, but I'd like an explanation why you couldn't wait.
I asked Dante and confirmed that a Suicide Bomber would still die if he was redirected by a lightning rod.

Have you tried reading my post? Without the emotional reactions I mean..like what I'm saying isn't even up for debate, it's strictly mechanics. Where is the anger coming from?
I read it but we both know you will never be cleared this game bet it youre town or scum. Something will always happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.