General & Others Chainsawman : General Discussion thread

Who are your favourite characters?

• Total voters
The Gun devil found unconscious. Perhaps it's chainsaw devil's work? After both fought, both are weakened. Chainsaw become little dog, thats why he cannot finish Gun devil and left him unconscious. When Denji found Pochita, it has gun like wound in it's belly.
I don't really see that. It is mentioned the Gun Devil was found by the soviet army, I doubt that was anywhere close to where Denji found Pochita in Japan. After what we've figured out about gun trafficking still being a thing, this might've just been a false hint by Fujimoto. That being said, though, I wonder when exactly the Gun was defeated. During recent events? Before Denji actually got the task? So why was there even the need to collect the fragments?

Wonder if this was Fujimoto's idea from the beginning. Sometimes I feel like heincludes stuff, but then has it die if he doesn't feel like progressing it, i.e. the US-trio in the assassination arc. Also wonder if Makima wants to kill or to actually retrieve the Gun. Since she was > Darkness which was hyped as >> Gun, I don't see the need unless ofc it has some special role like the Chainsaw.

Dat future do.... :josad:
Post automatically merged:

oh my fucking loooord.. THE HYPE!

@Akai2 @Marimo_420 @uyuu @Kucing Pencuri @Zoro D Goat @Finalbeta

DON'T, AKI-CHAN!
https://w11.mangafreak.net/Read1_Chainsaw_Man_74

Last edited:

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Bruh, RIP Aki :hapnoel:
It's great seeing Aki develop into a big bro. He seemed like a character with no sense or purpose other than revenge before Denji and Power came into the picture. Makima pulls off evil sexy better than any character I can remember in a long time. I don't see how she could be human after this chapter. Angel killing his "family" like that was ruthless. I can't wait for everything to unfold over the Gun Devil arc, I honestly just hope it's not the final arc.

I'm starting to think Makima is the Command devil :wonderland:

Chapter 75 is out
:crazwhat::crazwhat::crazwhat:

Last edited:
- The absolute future: Denji will kill Aki and power. And then, the devil feared most by all devils will appear!

- President of USA sacrifice his nation's citizen lifespan and give em all to Gun Devil to kill Makima...no...THE DEVIL OF DOMINATION WOOAAH Makima vs Kaidou, Makima mid-diff

- GUN DEVIL APPEARS WOOAH MY CAPS LOCK STOMPED lol

America - "GUN" Devil... what a coincidence

Anyway, i really like representation of Gun Devil. Killing a lot of people in spans of 12 second.

Makima is confirmed to be a devil of control. Since she is full humanoid, she is a fiend right?
It's unclear whether she's a devilman, I think. Devils too can be humanoid, I think this was explained when the 4th division was first introduced invading the mafia's zombie basement. The more human a devil looks, the more it favors the human side.

An interesting thing I read on reddit:
"Gun (銃) is pronounced as “じゅう zyu” which is almost the same way of how you pronounce freedom (自由) “じゆう zi-yu”. "

So Makima and Gun fighting symbolizes peace vs. dominance. The arc is gonna explore into the concepts of war, peace, freedom and control, and I'm totally receptive for this kind of mindfuck! It'll be interesting to see how this real, non-fantasy-feeling crisis of war will interact with this more fantastic, mysterious hell-apocalypse-crisis.

Also, let's talk about the Gun's crazy design? It's almost like a firearm-dragon, lol
Love that it's kinda oldschool and blunt, with the fingers being guns and such, and also the bullet-tails. So, you think this is Gun's complete appearance, and that its strength depends on the amount of its body the summoner owns? Or does this mean the Soviets have its legs? xD

I'm not quite sure, but I think she's still somewhat on the human side? It was pointed out that it's strange for her to be randomly by the ocean, after this recent chapter I believe it's to avoid casualties that would be caused by Gun traveling through the city.

Just plain confused on her abilities tho, lol
Using the other guys' contracts as Domination Devil makes perfect sense, but how are Sawatari and those two Kyoto-agents still alive? Is reviving others another power of her? Implications of a contract with Death Devil? :P

Also, the door.. FINALLY THE DOOR!
I got pretty used to the thought of it being a metaphorical or at least metaphysical door somehow connected to hell, I just hope that hype won't turn out to be a simple warning not to open the actual door.

Akai2

🆉🅾🆁🅾 🆃🅾🅾 🆂🆃🆁🅾🅽🅺!
Chapter 77 is out
It sucks to see Aki being used like that honestly. My boy deserved better. Makima obviously could revive him since she seems to have that ability. I love the cinema chapter even more now with perspective on her character. She's never had a mutual compassionate relationship with anyone, her entire life she just commands people. It'll be interesting to see where her character goes from here. With how I'm enjoying every chapter, I certainly hope this is just the climax of the Gun Devil arc not the entire series. There's still more to do and explore. Maybe at a little bit of a slower pace in the upcoming arcs to give the world and characters some room to breathe. A drawback of killing off characters so frequently and a super fast story, is that the reader doesn't get to form that connection.

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
The prophecy said Denji will kill him and Power. Does that mean he'll kill him when he's taken over by the gun devil? Or did he already kill him and Denji is somehow connected to the Gun Devil's being? :smart:
:pepestrike:
Stop right there Akai-kun
Or Imma have to put this bullet through you.

For real though this chapter was giving me mad fire punch man vibes with the Aki and Denji's fb/reminiscing scene. Very eerie.

:seriously::josad:

Aki-kun...
Psycho chapter is psycho...
I'm with you on the fast pace @Akai2 , it kind of bordered on being slightly rushed in the shopping mal arc, but now it has the explosivity to justify that rush! This chapter was just mad. I'm full of anticioation! Also hope this isn't the semi-final arc, though.

Also, Fujimoto being cruel.. suggesting that devilmen still subconsciously and twistedly realize what they're doing, but shooting Denji felt like child throhwing a snow ball at him for Child Aki. Dayum..

SPOILER

Chapter 79: "Let's go home" Apparently Aki's parallel vision is over. Power walks away and Denji returns to the fight. They attract the demon-Aki with blood. Aki in his head sees how he cannot advance or follow the snow fight due to the accumulated snow. It cannot attack. Then the chainsaw on Denji's arm unintentionally stretches and pierces the demon-Aki. (It shows that Pochita is moving without Denji's permission or will) A scene of the devil from the future comes out laughing. The devil-Aki mutters and exhales a "thank you" when he recognizes Denji. He compares him to his younger brother, who appears in his memories and takes him by the hand to help Aki who is still trapped on the snowy road. After being traversed, a final scene of Aki leaving home holding his brother's hand emerges with a snowy path in the background.

SPOILER

「キャッチボール」 子供アキ「降参?」 立ち上がるデンジ 子供アキ「そうこないと!」 脇腹を撃たれるも銃の魔人に立ち向かっていくデンジ 子供アキ「手、冷たくなってきた」 デンジ「もどれもどれもどれっ」 デンジ「アキにもどれっ」 頭の銃で吹っ飛ばされるデンジ デンジ「ぎっ…ア…」 周りの民間人がデンジを見つめる その中の1人の女性が刃物を握り近づいてくる

Last edited: