• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • ⭐⭐

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
The official translation confirms that Kizaru is clean.
Luffy's healing punches are confirmed officially. :crazwhat:
Nika Such a great guy that he helps enemies
Post automatically merged:

So Zoro alone was able to make King fall to the ground, while Zoro and Jinbe together were unable to make Lucci fall to the ground.

I find that quite interesting.
Crocodile hype
Oda loves old characters

Convinced all the Gorosei will have powers similar to other DF users we've seen in the past. First was Nasjuro and Brook, now we've got Saturn and Magellan.
what about warcury & daz bones?

Don’t let the Lucci thing distract from the fact that this was entirely an Usopp hype chapter
Mars Hype= Usopp Hype
Warcury Hype= Usopp Hype
Giant Hype = Usopp Hype
:sanjismug:
Look man, I just wish Usopp would realize he has unlocked Observation haki.

The leakers said Luffy looked funny due to Warcury's haki blast, meanwhile, I legit died when I saw how Jinbo grabbed Zori. :rolaugh:

In other news, this is what happens when you fight the mighty Sun God:
While this is what happens when you fight Santoryu Zoro:

People keep failing at power scaling the most when it comes to Zoro's opponents.
They failed hard at power scaling Mr1 and Kaku from pre-TS.
Just like they are failing hard at power scaling Pica and King in post-TS.
When I said, King will stay forever relevant in power scaling, I wasn't joking. :myman:
I feel like it just comes down to lethality, luffy just throws punches and kids. that shit won't really be that much compared to swords, in which we can see here.

Hard to tell. None of them have a personality that fits a Sanji opponent.
Not looking silly, not clowns, no silly personality. If he gets to fight one of them, I am rooting for Mars.
However, Aramaki fits the personality requirements.
Makes sense, that bozo would make zoro disappointed in him. failed swordsman.

Last edited:
what about warcury & daz bones?
Seems it!

We haven't seen enough to connect the dots with Mars yet but I imagine based on the electricity that seems to follow him around in some panels he'll have at least some powers very similar to: Goro Goro no Mi (Enel, not as likely) or the Jiki Jiki no Mi (Kidd, more likely), also the Itsumade brings plagues so wouldn't be surprised if he has similar powers to the Shiku Shiku no Mi (Doc Q).

As for Ju Peter, i'm not sure if the digging thing is just a part of his Sand Wyrm form, or whether this is an extra power. I doubt it is. Maybe the Suna Suna no Mi?

Seems it!

We haven't seen enough to connect the dots with Mars yet but I imagine based on the electricity that seems to follow him around in some panels he'll have at least some powers very similar to: Goro Goro no Mi (Enel, not as likely) or the Jiki Jiki no Mi (Kidd, more likely), also the Itsumade brings plagues so wouldn't be surprised if he has similar powers to the Shiku Shiku no Mi (Doc Q).

As for Ju Peter, i'm not sure if the digging thing is just a part of his Sand Wyrm form, or whether this is an extra power. I doubt it is. Maybe the Suna Suna no Mi?
fish vs worm, the battle of the century

But his fans is something lol, let them be happy about their fantasy that Zoro > Luffy
paper cut man being on par with luffy is crazy talk

another mfer who cant read, conqouerers haki is a one in a million ability, alabasta alone should have 10 mfers who can use it by that metric, the whole world probbaly has about a thousand potenetial conqouerers, by sheer numbers

just because you cant comprehend what a 1 in a million means doesnt have i have to listen to your stupid ass spew negative memory garbage

not getting into how these mfers are form a whole different era

The 11th SHP's plot-strand is picking up speed now:

Many readers might as well have noticed that Oda does not focus anymore on Bonney and Kuma. This is because Bonney and Kuma were just a side plot-strand of the Egghead arc. Now that their story has been told, Oda is turning his focus onto the actual main plot-strand. And with Vegapunk about to announce the truth about the world, with the Gorosei there alongside Kizaru and Lucci, we also can dare to implement some small theoretical aspects here.

There is no doubt anymore that Lucci will defect from the WG and join Luffy’s crew as the 11th crew member. Kizaru therefore is clearly the main antagonist of Luffy this arc. This is becoming clearer, when we put Lucci and Kizaru side by side and look how well they are mirroring each other here:

Kizaru:
  • Has a connection to Bonney, Kuma and Vegapunk through their shared past on Egghead
  • Bonney, Kuma and Vegapunk were friends with Kizaru to that time
  • Is shown to have second thought about hurting Bonney and Vegapunk, Sentomaru
  • He does take the orders of the Gorosei serious and follows them even if he is really conflicted about this. So, instead of his friends – he chooses his mission
Lucci:
  • He has a connection to Shaka as both are great strategist, have the same body language/posture/thinking
  • Shaka and Lucci are brothers/twins
  • Is shown to have second thoughts about his mission of killing Vegapunk (You do not see it by him openly declaring that he feels conflicted or something like this – like we see with Kizaru. This is not how Lucci as a rather closed off character acts. The most we get is Lucci questioning his mission in chapter 1062. And his baseline (this is the usual character depiction, we know from Water 7 and Enies Lobby) deviates from how we did get to know him (not acting according to his mission and starting fights with an emperor).
  • He has choosen his family and has separated himself from the SHPs/Vegapunk to stall Kizaru – for his family to be able to flee from Egghead.
Oda will have Kizaru and Lucci mirror each other as one being the bad example (Kizaru) and one being the good example. This will start to show fully, as soon as Lucci goes against the WG. And it will become much clearer with whom each of their loyalities lies. Kizaru – WG and Lucci – Vegapunk/SHPs.

After Oda is done focussing on Luffy, the Gorosei, the robot and their flight, he will have Kizaru active again. Until then, he is on the waiting line and rests for a while. It indicates that the admiral will join the battle again in the next few chapters, when it is time to show that Lucci is actually on the SHP’s side and Kizaru is chosing the WG instead of his friends.

I also have heard from various users here that some people are a little disappointed in Kizaru’s performance in battle so far. This is understandable, but has a very simple reason behind it. Up until now, Oda had various other plot strands he needed to focus on. Aside from Bonney and Kuma, we had also the battle between the Gorosei and Luffy. As this is the first encounter of the two sides, which will - in the end of One Piece - clash with all they have. Here on Egghead, both sides have now come together in a first battle or a “first acquaintance”. You could also say that good and bad are now becoming more familiar with what the other side represents. For the reader it is the first opportunity to really look into what awaits them. The giant robot also plays into the matter. What he is there for, is still debateable.

But for this all to draw, Oda needs to have a little space.

This is why Kizaru up until now has not gone all out with Luffy and vice versa. This is also the reason, why Oda needed to stall Lucci with Zoro.

However, there is a little detail that Oda has until now not enlarged upon. And this is the lack of Luffy’s reason to fight Kizaru. Because, Luffy did until now not really have a reason to fight him, like he does in any other arc against any other main villain so far (Katakuri – saving his friends, Kaido – food for his friends, etc.). And as Luffy stated: His only job is to keep Kizaru away from his friends for now, nothing more. There is no motivation behind Luffy to really go against the admiral – only to flee with his friends. Oda still needs to deliver this reason/motivation for a real battle.

Lucci being on the SHP’s side is also the reason, why the fight between Zoro and Lucci was so awkward:

Oda decided to find an unusual outcome to the fight, which for most of the Zoro and Lucci fans must have felt somewhat strange. At the end Lucci is not even going down and this has to do with the very special reason that Lucci is on the same side as Zoro.

And if you look at the fight with this knowledge, the overall strangeness of it disappears completely:
  • It starts with Oda not even paying much attention to the fight in the first place. We had barely interesting choreography all the way through it and not even development, we usually see in the boss-fights of the SHPs. The fight does act as nothing more than a stalling for one of the fighters. Such a fight is not interesting, if both parties are on the same side and have no reason to beat each other. Zoro only attacked because Lucci hurt Stussy – and Stussy is not on the side of the SHPs but still working for the WG – only no one has realised this, as of yet.
  • Both parties were not even going all out. You see this for example in Zoro not even having his bandana on. It indicates that Zoro has realised that Lucci is not going out in the first place, so why should he answer it with unnecessary force?
  • Then we have Zoro, who said in chapter 1107 that Lucci acts as if he decides, how long the battle between them would last. And indeed Lucci decided upon this, because he was deciding, when he wanted to “lose”. The moment Jinbe arrived, Lucci stopped fighting Zoro and did not attack afterwards. The only reason why Lucci was fighting Zoro in the first place was because Zoro attacked him after his stunt with Stussy and Lucci did not try to abandon the fight between them afterwards, because it would result in leaving Zoro alone. And this brings me to the next point.
  • Zoro would have surely gotten lost if Lucci had fled the fight or abandoned it. This would have resulted in the SHPs needing to search for him and losing time they do not have. So, Lucci kept Zoro in one place until Jinbe arrived. Only then did the agent stop fighting altogether, because there was no purpose anymore for him to do so. Zoro having a problem with directions is also the reason why Oda chose the samurai to fight Lucci and not Jinbe or even Sanji, who had more reason to go against Lucci, because he had stabbed Stussy (a woman).
  • The moment you can clearly notice that Lucci is not interested in fighting Zoro is after Jinbe threw up that smoke-screen. Lucci is not in the least trying to follow them. In fact, he is not even trying to stay up but is slowly kneeling down. He could have at least tried to chased them as intently as the reliable agent he was back in Enies Lobby, where he fought until his legs could no more. However, Lucci did not. Instead, he talked to Mars. And here you also notice that he still has energy left to talk and think and make a request. If he was really after the SHPs, he would have used this energy to chase them down – he did not do so.
  • And than we have the strange line of Jinbe towards Lucci: He is apologizing to the agent for his attack. Why he does so, is not even clear. But even this small apology tells us that Jinbe still has some form of esteem for the agent and that the connection Lucci build with the SHPs during the time-skip is still resounding into the present. This alone is a hint that there is more to Lucci than everyone sees.
We also see the very first obvious hints towards Lucci’s defection in the near future. As Lucci is asking for his partner to be spared by Mars, the Gorosei tells him that the request will most probably be ignored. It also shows us the true Rob Lucci. Because, contrary to most opinions about the agent, in which people think that he comes off as cold blooded and sadistical, Lucci is actually only closed off in regards to his feelings. In reality, Lucci’s request shows that he indeed has feelings of love and affection for his close friends and relatives and does everything he can, to save them. He is a police officer, whose main goal is to protect the weak, after all.

Lucci is no longer on the WG’s side, but works secretly for the SHPs/Vegapunk. The SHPs only do not know this and take him for an enemy. Lucci wanted them to believe him to be an enemy, so he can be left on the island to be able to stall Kizaru, so everyone else can flee. He is going to sacrifice himself.