Current Events Chapter 1009 Wisdom King Prediction/Analysis

G

Gorosei Informer

Thank you very much for the tag @nik87 @dontflame !

Blother's name is @Ten Yaksha Blother now so I'll tag him here, he's definitely gotta see this!

:cheers::pepedoffy:

Posts like these are the absolute best, the true highlights of the OP community (along with the hilarious top tier memes we get) and it really helps to emphasise and thus express how much thought Oda puts into OP and his vast range of mythological, historical, cultural, religious, literature etc references.

I need to give this a proper read, proper attention and truly digest it all.

@Cinera you may enjoy this too?

I wonder how the official release will translate Kaido's attack. Ragnarok seems like it doesn't really fit the theme Oda's going for.
Yeah that really threw me off, I expected something like that from Big Mom or especially Elbaf warriors/characters. Didn't fit for Kaido for me at all.

Thanks for the link @Lone Laguna Espada Tag @Fiji too on this.

Damn this read was epic.
I regret naming myself Yaksha and not Yasha :josad: would be more Zoro centric.

I think the reason why all this fits into place is because Zoro's character model and background was one of Oda's first (Ryuma). With Ryuma, I'm certain as talented as Oda is would have meticulously crafted his character which carries on to Zoro, as Ryuma was not fully fleshed out within Monsters.

Zoro being a Samurai and of Japanese descent plays a massive role in the overall story of One Piece, and that's why most Zoro fans are so crazy about him. Zoro is a major main character in the story that people don't give credit for. And everything pre and post timeskip about him was carefully crafted, from his fights to his speeches, that's why Oda gives him a simple Gag of being lost all the time. It could not saying is, be the reason that he's lost is because Asura faces three different ways so Zoro is never following one path but several.

Another cool thing, Zoro always gets very deep lines, which in One Piece Standards people overlook bc they feel its edgy or something, for example,
  • "Bring on the hardship, it's preferred in the path of Carnage"
  • "The nine mountains and eight seas...There's nothing I can't cut!"
These aren't throwaway lines, and they mean some deep shit. And we all know Kaido is another Being just like this. His words mean a lot in the context of Death, Conquering, and the Fighting Spirit.
  • "Let us begin, the world of violence"
  • "It may not be the way of times anymore, but in death is what completes a person"
The quotes are almost opposites of each other. Zoro's quotes ask to bring hardship and cut/kill; whereas Kaido's quotes bring violence and way of death, almost as if they are mirroring each other or they're two parts of a puzzle piece.

Anyways I rambled on enough, this is a stellar post :zosmug: