Chapter 1079 - The Emperor Red-Haired Pirates

what would you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
I'll be honest, Law at least makes some sense to why he can take on BB.
I think we went over it enough that his DF is so horrendously broken at this point that Oda can bullshit any excuse to make him win. We may not like it, we may not be fans but by god we are at a point where the Ope Ope may as well be the OP OP Fruit.
The difference between shanks vs Midd and BB vs Law is that while shanks beats kidd in all aspect, haki, speed, AP, experience,etc that is not the same case for BB vs Law. BB has 2 fruits but is slow AF and his biggest trick is using black hole and draw people to him to deactivate their abilities. Laws Ope Ope ni mi is a Hard counter to that and evens things out. He is also a versatile fighter and his only 2 weaknesses are really that his will and haki strength are not on the same level as Luffy, Kaido, shanks, etc and his stamina. Otherwise he can keep up with Blackbeard deal way better with him than kidd did with shanks. I still think he will lose though.

nahh we would have another arc dedicated to BM,getting rid of her here was necessary.But i think Oda could have executed it better.Law could have known about the armory bombs and have that planned before hand(Robin has schematics of Kaido's mansion).Some many things in Wano could have been better.
It could have been written better even with BM there, i agree. Her ship was never seen again (everyone dead?), only Perospero was there for stupid revenge, rest of the crew gets taken out by a few BB captains and Ceasar. But Oda gotta Oda

We finally get to see Swordsman Shanks, be confirmed as a swordsman (we knew though). This is the guy Zoro has to surpass first before he gets to fight Mihawk again. Easy job ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿพ

The Kid Pirates have been wiped out in 2 attacks. This is the mf that some people on here said was gonna "split the sky" with Shanks lmao.

Kid will finally get AdCoC vs Shanks. The guy couldnt even fight back. And he had to have his crewmates beg for his life. Same thing peobably happened against Kaido, just like it did against Big Mom.

"Awakening = AdCoC. They're Luffy's rivals. Law & Kid are stronger than Zoro." This is the nonsense that died in just half a chapter :suresure:.

Rest in Piss
Your post resumes well what point of the manga we are in, law was the first to go down, Kidd came next and we all know who's gonna go next.....this is sabaody 2.0, the new GEN made impressive things but they still reckless and rash in their approach to battles and enemies, they need to grow up, specially Luffy.
So my prediction is: Next Luffy and his crew will suffer a major L also, Robin will be captured by marines or Blackbeard and they lose their maps too.... They might escape with vegapunk but not unscathed. If vegapunk doesnt die he ll give a major hint about void century and/or luffy's d.f potencial, this will lead to a new training arc, shorter, but that will make them truly yonko level.
Its not unfair to conclude they won against the worst 2 yonko's, neither showed awakening and passed the entire time undermining Luffy...
They are not yonko or emperor level yet, but they have the potencial.
Shanks is amazing, he can see way ahead and always acts before shit goes down in the proporcional manner needed.
Blackbeard is a real pirate, no rules, no show off, only acts when it will work with no mercy.
Luffy's crew is not there yet.
It would be amazing if shanks trained Kidd, Luffy and law. Like he rescued law after getting destroyed and gather them all to train them

I'll be honest, Law at least makes some sense to why he can take on BB.
I think we went over it enough that his DF is so horrendously broken at this point that Oda can bullshit any excuse to make him win. We may not like it, we may not be fans but by god we are at a point where the Ope Ope may as well be the OP OP Fruit.
I think the Yami df is broken also. That aside, IMO, Law can battle BB but cannot beat him 1 on 1 unless BB does a couple unforced errors and Law is perfect with execution during the battle. My prediction is that Law and crew escape by putting BB's crew in the ocean.

I did more research. BB's flagship does not have lines (ropes) going to the front flagpole. The lines (ropes) are clearly seen in 1079. I do not thnk it it BB's flagship at Egghead Island.

Last edited:
Your post resumes well what point of the manga we are in, law was the first to go down, Kidd came next and we all know who's gonna go next.....this is sabaody 2.0, the new GEN made impressive things but they still reckless and rash in their approach to battles and enemies, they need to grow up, specially Luffy.
It does mirror Saboady in a way. That's why i think the incident that happens is before the strawhats get fully overwhelmed by the Marines, Seraphims & the Blackbeard Pirates outside Egghead currently, someone will come and save them. Im leaning towards Dragon finally making a move, especially after that phone call he had with Shaka.

So my prediction is: Next Luffy and his crew will suffer a major L also, Robin will be captured by marines or Blackbeard and they lose their maps too.... They might escape with vegapunk but not unscathed. If vegapunk doesnt die he ll give a major hint about void century and/or luffy's d.f potencial, this will lead to a new training arc, shorter, but that will make them truly yonko level.
Its not unfair to conclude they won against the worst 2 yonko's, neither showed awakening and passed the entire time undermining Luffy...
Ngl i do not see Robin being taken a second time. Same way the Beast & BM pirates wanted to kidnap her and it went nowhere ygm.

They are not yonko or emperor level yet, but they have the potencial.
Shanks is amazing, he can see way ahead and always acts before shit goes down in the proporcional manner needed.
Blackbeard is a real pirate, no rules, no show off, only acts when it will work with no mercy.
Luffy's crew is not there yet.
It would be amazing if shanks trained Kidd, Luffy and law. Like he rescued law after getting destroyed and gather them all to train them
That's why i like Blackbeard. He does what he wants. Plans ahead & does not care about "honourable fights" cause he'll jump you with his crew whenever he wants. He's gonna kill Shanks thats for sure. Yeah apart from Luffy & Zoro, the rest need to up their game as commanders of a yonko

In typical Oda fashion he gets the most controversial chapter out before break week:
- what happened to Kid and his crew (dead)?
- is Shanks overhyped now?
- is Shanks to strong? Why is he not Strongest Swordsman?
- how lazy is this way to portray a strong character Shanks, by destroying a presumed "rival"
- are Shanks and BB Luffys main pirate rivals? not Kid and Law?

this forum will discuss these question on repeat for the next 2 weeks

Please not "we gotta save robin" arc again , tired of those hostage situations
Next arc is gonna be the epithome for kidnapping arc.
Kidnapped Robin.
Kidnapped Koby.
Kidnapped Garp.
Kidnapped rando princess.
Kidnapped Vegapunk internet avatar.
All kidnapped, all damsels in distress. All in Arabic looking fantasy towers.
And the main antagonist, BB, will get a turtle-dragon third DF and transform into a darkness Bowser.
Luffy, on the other hand, will meet a mushroom nakama-candidate.

Tyrant MUUGEN

ๅ‘ชใฎใ‚ใ„ใฎ็Ž‹ใŠใ†
โ€Ž
In typical Oda fashion he gets the most controversial chapter out before break week:
- what happened to Kid and his crew (dead)?
- is Shanks overhyped now?
- is Shanks to strong? Why is he not Strongest Swordsman?
- how lazy is this way to portray a strong character Shanks, by destroying a presumed "rival"
- are Shanks and BB Luffys main pirate rivals? not Kid and Law?

this forum will discuss these question on repeat for the next 2 weeks
the last 2 points pretty weak.

BB & Shanks have always been luffys main rivals.

idek why you wouldnt think BB is his main rival when hes the reason for ace's death.

shanks has actually been under hyped throughout the entirety of the series.

if Mihawk was truly the uncontested SSM why wasnt he able to defeat Vista so easily - more so why was that the first time hes ever fought him.

WB could be considered a SM given he had a Graded Blade same goes for BM her main arsenal is her sword Mihawk hasn't defeated any legends that we know of so its all hearsay.

katakuri was the most pridefulhe landed on his back. Kaido was the strongest Zoro injured him, luffy defeated him.

stopping taking this so literal and first glance.

shanks has always been a powerhouse that was outlined when he split the heavens against WB then easily stopped Akainu without a trace in the war. then you had Film Red showcase his Haki and it was further cemented in Wano when he had Greenbull retreat. his presence along was strong enough for Luffy and co to notice him.

all this downplaying has been annoying for the longest.

Dorry and Brogy are some bitches ngl. They only stepped up once Shanks one shotted Kidd's ass. It's like the cocky person who acts high and mighty against someone ONLY after his older brother took care of said person.
Shanks told them to watch his back not take the front lines. Donโ€™t you listen to what a friend says/asks sometimes?