Chapter 1079 - The Emperor Red-Haired Pirates

what would you rate the chapter?

• Total voters
How could I forget Haki superiority. Cannot wait for Usopps next level haki awakening...also it's time for Urouge to enter the stage, was already pleasantly surprised how oda implemented Bonney into egghead with vegapunk. I don't know, but I feel like Urouge goal trying to avenge his hometown Birka(only speculation) that got wiped out by Enel has to play a role. What else could he be after.

He Trynna find Laugh tale from the skies:gokulaugh:

I've never been one of Kidd's fan but I must admit, I genuinely feel sorry for the guy. Oda should have let him die against Kaido, during their first meeting, in an honourable way.

His best friend would not have to eat a stupid fa fa fa smile fruit. His fleet would not have drowned in the sea.

And above all, he would not have suffered this major embarassment. Kidd pirates got annihilated in like... 3 pages ? It was painful to watch.

G

Gorosei Informer

How could I forget Haki superiority. Cannot wait for Usopps next level haki awakening...also it's time for Urouge to enter the stage, was already pleasantly surprised how oda implemented Bonney into egghead with vegapunk. I don't know, but I feel like Urouge goal trying to avenge his hometown Birka(only speculation) that got wiped out by Enel has to play a role. What else could he be after.

He Trynna find Laugh tale from the skies:gokulaugh:
So close and yet so far to the ultimate greatness:

story hyped Shanks at peak
it didn't do any on screen justice to Mihawk

it's Shanks until proven otherwise for any rational man
at least if someone wants to say Mihawk has better haki
should have the decency of saying it's a leap of faith
I have very often guessed correctly where Oda tried to bring us (I knew legendary fruit was Luffy's since the beginning and knew Luffy would pull gear 5 and awakening in Wano).

if I base my prediction of the future events based on this intuition and interpretation I have of the story, to me Shanks > Mihawk but Mihawk is the better swordsman (WSS). You can be the strongest devil fruit user and still be surpassed by haki.

However, this interpretation is fallacious and that's where I join Mihawk bros. WSS means strongest among ALL SWORDSMEN and Shanks is a swordsman. Haki is also part of swordsmanship. So, logically, Mihawk is the stronger one.

So in short, Mihawk should be stronger than Shanks because you just don't deny WSS title and pull mental gymnastics. However, portrayal and haki link with swordsmanship have always made me doubt.

Regardless, this is less relevant than the fans make out of it. Shanks and Mihawk are very close in terms of strength. Shanks is the closest rival to Mihawk so it's relative. Mihawk is slightly superior than Shanks but not a league above.

So, Mihawk >= Shanks is the most logical thing we have at the moment.

This is like wishing for your dad to come back after 15 years but something tells me Blackbeard Pirates vs Red Hair Pirates will not go as everyone imagines it to be.

Blackbeard is definitely planning some bullshit + 10th Titanic Captain can by anywhere from Veteran to Admiral level character.

I genuinely think Cross Guild is bumping into BBP vs RHP and they stand by RHP side.
I think Cross guild got there own storyline with WG and possible saved for final war. While BB and RH pirates story is interwined. But just my thoughts. Idk how oda plans on taking care of this its looking like a battle royale.

I have very often guessed correctly where Oda tried to bring us (I knew legendary fruit was Luffy's since the beginning and knew Luffy would pull gear 5 and awakening in Wano).

if I base my prediction of the future events based on this intuition and interpretation I have of the story, to me Shanks > Mihawk but Mihawk is the better swordsman (WSS). You can be the strongest devil fruit user and still be surpassed by haki.

However, this interpretation is fallacious and that's where I join Mihawk bros. WSS means strongest among ALL SWORDSMEN and Shanks is a swordsman. Haki is also part of swordsmanship. So, logically, Mihawk is the stronger one.

So in short, Mihawk should be stronger than Shanks because you just don't deny WSS title and pull mental gymnastics. However, portrayal and haki link with swordsmanship have always made me doubt.

Regardless, this is less relevant than the fans make out of it. Shanks and Mihawk are very close in terms of strength. Shanks is the closest rival to Mihawk so it's relative. Mihawk is slightly superior than Shanks but not a league above.

So, Mihawk >= Shanks is the most logical thing we have at the moment.
@terabyte I know we share a similar view so what do you think?